TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rob E Dangerously

Chris Jericho, Jobber to the stars

when you're jobbing cleanly to 50 year old men.. your career is pretty much dead in the water.

You had a good time Chris.. it's a shame you had to resign.. instead of going somewhere where you're allowed to WIN matches.

The last time Jericho won a singles match on TV was July 4th, 2002.

He's coming close to 2 months without a singles victory.

Chris, just quit now. You can sit at home and take singing lessons until your contract runs out.

Guest Will Scarlet

I think jobber to the stras is too high for Jericho. At this point, he is just a plain old jobber. Heck, I will be shocked if he is not jobbing to Justin Credible on Heat next week.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Wouldn't this be a way to get Jericho into the Unamericans? Jericho gets screwed by an American Ref and finds his place leading the canadian heel group. They need a solid mic leader, and Jericho needs a gang behind him to 'back up' his talk. The unamericans need Jericho and Jericho needs them... Makes sense.

Guest thebigjig
when you're jobbing cleanly to 50 year old men.. your career is pretty much dead in the water.

You had a good time Chris.. it's a shame you had to resign.. instead of going somewhere where you're allowed to WIN matches.

The last time Jericho won a singles match on TV was July 4th, 2002.

Chris, just quit now. You can sit at home and take singing lessons until your contract runs out.

Oh give me a fucking break... did ya ever stop and think that this might lead to a rematch where Chris wins??

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

Stop the world, I agree with Anglesault...

If they were going to put Jericho over Flair at any point, why not tonight?

Guest Phr33k

Jericho's gonna say that Flair tapped, and the win doesn't count. Rematch at Unforgiven.

Guest Perfect Plex

Please, inform me, when was HHH's last singles victory?

Guest CanadianChris

Oh give me a fucking break... did ya ever stop and think that this might lead to a rematch where Chris wins??

It's the second-biggest show of the year. A win in a rematch won't mean near as much.

He shoudl have gone over TONIGHT, dammit. Flair didn't need the win, Jericho badly did.

Guest CanadianChris

And how many times has HHH actually been in the ring in those two months?

Guest Perfect Plex

And how many times has HHH actually been in the ring in those two months?

Thank You!!!!

Guest godthedog

normally i'd bitch, but i don't care. it was a damn good match, flair proves he STILL has it, & jericho sold the leg beautifully.

jericho probably wanted to lose this match. had it been decided otherwise, i don't think it would've ended with a figure 4 (cause, let's face it, nobody taps to the figure 4). i think it was the little mark in him that wanted him to be able to say he fought ric flair at summerslam & lost to the figure 4.

Guest art_vandelay

You guys are forgetting Flair still has his "announcement" to make, most likely it's about his retirement. He isn't going to retire until he got his win over Jericho, is he? If this is the case, it would unfortunately mean no retribution for Jericho, but that's how I reason the booking of the finish.

In my review (which you can all find in my sig), I asked a rhetorical question. When was the last time Jericho had a single's PPV victory? No Way Out in February. The last CLEAN one.....SummerSlam 2001.

Dames

Guest the pinjockey
You guys are forgetting Flair still has his "announcement" to make, most likely it's about his retirement. He isn't going to retire until he got his win over Jericho, is he? If this is the case, it would unfortunately mean no retribution for Jericho, but that's how I reason the booking of the finish.

If he retires without letting Jericho be the one to retire him I am going to be pissed off beyond belief. Christ even Hogan let someone get over on him before leaving for however long.

Guest Redhawk
In my review (which you can all find in my sig), I asked a rhetorical question. When was the last time Jericho had a single's PPV victory? No Way Out in February. The last CLEAN one.....SummerSlam 2001.

Dames

Yeah, but take into consideration that Jericho turned heel around October 2001, and heels almost never win cleanly. And that win at No Way Out was a successful Undisputed Title defense against Steve Austin, not just any old win.

As far as last night goes...with everyone bitching about how Ric Flair had become a JTTS, something had to give. Flair needed a win more than Jericho, because Flair hasn't won a big singles match in quite some time himself.

Ok, even so, Jericho's last PPV win 6 months ago, while Flair's was at King of the Ring.

If I were a promoter, I'd put Jericho over Flair because it makes no sense to job the younger talent at the expense of someone who is treated like a JTTS, especially when Jericho was Undisputed Champ just a few short months ago.

Dames

Guest El Satanico

Flair will come out and try to make his announcement again tonight, but Jericho will interupt him scream "you tapped you son of a bitch" and somehow get a rematch based on either the low blow or rather or not Flair tapped.

Flair winning a match or two before Jericho wins would actually make the win mean more then Jericho beating Flair in their first ever match.

I don't think they will do the match at more then two ppvs, but if they did i'm figuring that Flair will "cheat to win" in the rematch.

Guest jester

The thing with Jericho and Flair is that both of them could use some wins to re-establish some credibility. That's why they shouldn't have been fighting each other.

I'd love to see this feud again with both of them established as threats. But they were both doing the jobber tour before they got involved.

Jericho badly needs a change to justify a winning streak. The guys on Heat job less than he does.

Anothing thing that pisses me off. Since Wrestlemania, we've established the following:

Jericho can't beat HHH. But HBK can.

Jericho can't beat Rick Flair. But Vince McMahon can.

Sigh.

Guest The Flying Dutchman
normally i'd bitch, but i don't care. it was a damn good match, flair proves he STILL has it, & jericho sold the leg beautifully.

WHAT?! What selling? Flair slapped the Figure 4 on with no prior work done on the leg and Jericho tapped out in four seconds! How the FUCK does selling come into play if his leg wasn't hit once before that?

Guest Redhawk
Jericho can't beat HHH. But HBK can.

Jericho can't beat Rick Flair. But Vince McMahon can.

Sigh.

That's some flawed logic there. In that case, we've also established that Kurt Angle can't beat The Rock, but Stephanie can. And also that Stone Cold can't beat Jericho, but John Cena can.

Guest converge241

I still cant fathom why they did this unless they needed more faces to go over because they had planned that Brock would be the heel. Flair isnt even full time and you have 2 part timers go over full time guys? Doesnt make sense