TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

out-SMART-ed MARK!

I think its fairly safe to say that HBK out smarted all of the smart marks.

Everyone was expecting a crappy match anyway, then when we found out it would be a "fight" and not a wrestling match, the groans just worsened.

But HBK fooled everyone, he pulled out a great match and even won the damn thing!

It just shows you that you should give a guy a break, especially when you know what that guy is capable of.

No doubt ppl will still write off the match as being lame and too slow going, but i fell that that will be due to bruised egos on the part of the ppl that wrote him off, instead of it actually being because the macth was poor.

Fair enough the match wasnt perfect but it was bloody good none the less.

And the ending, in my eyes was brilliant. First we all think HHH will win, then we see the poseing for the sweet chin music and we think could HBK win it??? Then the missed sweet chin and were back to thinking "oh well, he put up a good fight, here comes the pedegree and the end of the match". And then finally were alll kept in suspense for waht seemed like a 3 minute count not a 3 second count, as HBK reverses and flips over for the win"

I take my hat off to HBK for wrestling a great match, outsmarting all the critcs and thorughly entertaining me!

ChUnK!

Ive also gota say Kudos to HHH for putting him over and accepting the lose. Fair enough HHH came back with the hammer for the final word, but the way he is portrayed in this forum, you would think that HHH would be too proud to get pinned but the old man that is HBK!

Brilliant match, that was made even better by the way it outsmarted the "smart" critics! :D

Guest kingkamala

I'll admit I doubted HBK, but I always hoped in the back of the mind that he could maybe maybe squeeze a **1/2 star match well my expectations were low and the match ended being great.

Guest the pinjockey

Why is it that I am not allowed to have not liked this match? Everyone says that the only people who did not like the match did not want to like it from the beginning, or are just HHHaters, or don't like Michaels personally. I did not like it because it was a garbage match that most of the time "smarks" complain about. Granted Michaels was taking bumps that you would not expect him to, but they were still low on the bump scale. As for the fact that he did them with a bad back I will give him all of the respect in the world for that but that does not mean I am more entertained by a typical bump. And it just went too long for me to overlook the fact it was a hardcore match. I stopped caring about HHH or HBK a long time ago so I don't care about the they used to be brothers history so that is another aspect that means nothing to me.

Guest Brian

But most of the garbage spots made sense. Sure the selling was shotty which was mycomplaint, but Triple H's early section was paced to model his "methodical" offense of old and Michaels section was built off of prior matches.

Guest welshjerichomark

i agree with king kamala, i really wanted hbk to have a good match but i didn't think he would. but as i watched the beginning of the match i began to think hey they mite have something here, and the match, was excellent, in my mind the match far eclipsed rocky v hulk hogan for sheer mark-out value.

Guest cynicalprofit

Didnt expect anything good, damn was I suprised, but still, shawn is a great perfromer, bad attitude. Im waiting for hhh to get his next shot and claim to have buried 2 legends. HHH will destory us all. Still the match was fantasitc, even if a missed like 5 minutes, damn you mountain dew. But do you really think he can do it again? How long untill he takes a bump wrong, or lands wrong and *POOF* he can no longer walk.

Does he really think jesus let him produce a **** match?(Its in reference to his shirt, the qutoe is something like, with jesus i can do anything)