TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mad Dog

Building a Tag Division

Guest Mad Dog

I really hope that they drop the titles fairly soon. I mean they hardly defend them as it is. But the NWA TNA still needs a fairly strong division. Right now they have James Storm/Chris Harris, the Hotshots, Backseat Boyz and the SATs.

I think if they gave the belts to Tempest and Slash that would help get things started off pretty well. I was fairly impressed with the tag match I saw them wrestle awhile back. I think the Dupps also need to get back into the think of things as well. But even with all this the division still lacks a very strong face team. I think they broke the Elvises up way too quick if they were serious about a tag division but oh well.

So are there any teams that the NWA TNA could sign to help fix this or do they need to throw two singles stars together and try to create one.

Guest Mad Dog

I was wondering about that yesterday actually. I thought I had heard something to that degree but the NWA TNA website still has them posted as the champs. So I guess I'll go with what the site says.

Guest Mad Dog

Well I guess I was right when I thought that yesterday. Can't seem to keep anything straight these days.

So who do you think should get the belts after this tourney?

I don't really see any teams that are worthy of being tag champs. Right now, the only OVER team I can think of is the SAT, but I don't think they deserve to be the WORLD tag champs.

Dames

Guest Mad Dog

Yeah I think they really need to sign some established teams like Doring/Roadkill, LaPhon/Furnas or even get a Armstrong Brothers team going. They all have a good amount of credibility and Doring/Roadkill have potential to be over huge in my opinion.

If I have to go with what they have I'd say give it to Slash and Tempest but I doubt Tempest is still around. Argh.

Guest the 1inch punch
Actually, the titles ARE vacant and there is going to be a second tag tourney coming soon.

nine weeks after the first one?

Oh, that wacky Russo

Guest dreamer420

nwa should be able to put together a pretty decent tag team division. I agree about signing doring/roadkill, and then they would also have simon/swinger, backseat boyz, the SAT, storm/harris, the flying elvises, and the dupps (although the dupps could be fired right now and I wouldn't care less)

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'd put the titles on Yang and Estrada...

since they actually get along.

Guest dreamer420

how long will they get along for if they win the titles though. russo would brek them up two weeks after the title win I bet.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
Actually, the titles ARE vacant and there is going to be a second tag tourney coming soon.

I hate Vince Russo. <_<

Guest converge241

they already have new tag champs dont they?

they taped the tournament last week

Guest eirejmcmahon

You're getting a little confused there converge241, the tag team title tournament will be held in a couple of weeks when NWATNA comes back from its brief hiatus.

Did I hear somewhere that it would be a "Gauntlet For The Gold" match ?

Guest pete

They really need to establish some teams so people take them serious. Thats the main problem. Don't just throw a couple of people together and call them a team. You need to at least establish 4 teams as a possible threat. So far this year they have rolled out some horrid teams. The Johnsons, then they have thrown together a couple of guys together and that didn't click.

Guest Zack Malibu

The Johnsons haven't been around since week 2. Lodi got injured, and Lenny hasn't been around, so that explains why Bruce suddenly went solo.

They do have a decent tag division going, as they have

The SAT's seem to be pretty over, and put on a show worth watching.

Storm and Harris tend to be over with the crowd, and have gotten a semi-push from the company.

The Hotshots seem like they could be worked in as a cocky heel team.

The Elvises are great, but the storyline behind them focuses more on their inability to work as a cohesive unit (at least with Siaki in the group), so they probably aren't the best candidates to push to the top of the division, unless Yang and Estrada win the belts, then leave Siaki in the dust, which would be a great angle IMO.

Backseat Boyz have gotten good reviews thus far from their performance this week.

Slash and Cobain (the former Flash Flanagan) could be another team to watch. Tempest/Crowbar would be better both reaction and workrate wise, but I'll judge this duo when I see them.

So that's 6 "full fledged" teams that they could push in the division at any given time. Not to mention makeshift teams of solo stars (Styles/Lynn, Truth/Jarrett), but those teams were teaming for the sake of the storyline, not the belt. I've been saying that if the tag division gets the proper push, it'll be as big as the X Division, so I hope that the next few weeks spark some interest in the tag scene.

Guest Angle2004

I don't know about everyone else but I like the Harris/Lee team. Most of the tag teams are high-flyers so a big power team is a nice addition. All they need is a team name to be recognized. Maybe the Hit Squad or something? I also think they should bring back Christian York and Joey Mathews. I'd also love to see another Mexican/Lucha type team with masks and everything. Maybe La Parka/Juvy?

Guest converge241

"You're getting a little confused there converge241, the tag team title tournament will be held in a couple of weeks when NWATNA comes back from its brief hiatus.

Did I hear somewhere that it would be a "Gauntlet For The Gold" match ? "

you know what it was? i stopped ordering them but read the tapings from last week- they had a 4 team match to ENTER the gauntlet. I read it kind of fast and just assumed it was the tag tournament itself not a qualifier