TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HBK16

The ONE and ONLY

Guest LooseCannon

ehh. I don't really care. It was fun at times, but I haven't had time for it lately.

Guest HBK16

After I think about it, it kinda upsets me that I won't be able to post in it anymore cuz it was like a chat room at times. But I completed me mission so I am happy. But still *tear tear*

Guest Will Scarlet

I know I will certainly miss it. It was kind of fun to post there, at times. How did it become so big anyway? How exactly did it go from some guy posting that he is going on a mission to 1000 to being the official post whore thread of the Smartmarks board? I never did figure that out.

Guest The Ruthless Aggressor

I liked the thread a lot when Shaved Bear, Rando, Inc, Flyboy and all the others were there regularly, but they are all busy now, and the thread was really sucking shit before it was killed today, So I'm glad it's gone, I will miss it though.

Guest HBK16

I have had some great memories. That's really where I met all the top posters like Shaved Bear, Flyboy, and Rando. It's gonna be awefully hard to get to 2000 now.

Guest DrTom

For heaven's sake, it's a thread on an internet message board. Some of you are acting like somebody died because (sniff) a thread you liked (sniff) got closed (honk!). Put the Kleenex away, for chrissakes. Get some perspective.

Guest HBK16
For heaven's sake, it's a thread on an internet message board. Some of you are acting like somebody died because (sniff) a thread you liked (sniff) got closed (honk!). Put the Kleenex away, for chrissakes. Get some perspective.

Well you sure ruined the fun for me

Guest eiker_ir

i liked when i first discover it, but i lost interest after i got to 1000.........so blah....

Guest DARRYLXWF

The irony is that I never made it to a 1000, yet was the reason why so many others did.

Guest Youth N Asia

I'm inches away from 1,000

I didn't mind the thread till it got to people just making:

"+1"

bullshit posts like that...became a breeding ground for postwhores

Guest HBK16
The irony is that I never made it to a 1000, yet was the reason why so many others did.

Thanks to the thread, I made it well past 1000.

Guest Youth N Asia

Does the 1,000+ status really matter if you got most in little one word replies in threads like that?

Guest DARRYLXWF
Does the 1,000+ status really matter if you got most in little one word replies in threads like that?

Probably not. But what we have seen is the end of an era of a thread that eventually got so BIG it had to be killed off.

That's impressive.

Guest TJH

Sure, they've tried to stop post-whoring, but it doesn't mean you can't go into any topic, make a completely irelevant post, and see your post count rise! They may have stolen our mission, but it doesn't mean that post-whoring is dead!

On the contrary, comrades, it is alive and bigger than ever. It shall now done by stealth, dodging the oppressive Moderators, but better we get banned than post whoring die!

Would you like to be able to post, yet not be able to post whore? Better to die post whoring than live and not have the freedom to post whore whenever and wherever you want!!

I am likely to get banned for this, but I am only too pleased to be a martyr for the cause!

Vive le mission!

Guest DJ Jeff

:o

The "Mission To 1000" thread was killed?????? Damn, I never thought I would have seen the day. Oh well, time for me to move on and attempt to post better topics. It was nice seeing all of you in the "Mission To 1000" thread, but alas, I'm moving on. B)

Guest TJH
The Word Association thread actually has some sort of purpose....not just trying to get your post count to add one.

Dames

I find it difficult to disagree with my favourite Mod, but I personally do not see the difference between word association and random ramblings, such as those found in the mission.

Guest evenflowDDT

Well, I have mixed feelings about this. I'm going to be uncharacteristically arrogant for a second and say that I MADE THE MISSION TO 1000 THREAD! OK, I didn't actually "make" it, DARRYLXWF did, however I was part of a small group (including Flyboy, Kinetic and TC) that would chat in there about many many things. Soon more people came in, and it was still pretty cool, although things got out of hand somewhat quickly (if you check the first 10 pages we were actually having "serious" chats instead of conversations like, "Guess what? Post count +1!" "LoLZ~!@". If there was a way for it to stay the way it was, I'd be mad (well, as mad as I can be about something that doesn't exist in real life).

As it is though, I could care less. Sure, there were good times, and I got to meet guys like The Ruthless Aggressor, DJ Jeff, and Alice_in_Chains_Chick (OK, she's not a guy, but you get the idea), but I haven't been in the thread in a loooooooooooooong time. Maybe I'm just generalizing, but I left because the dumb posts seemed to outnumber the good ones. I think the Mission to 1000 was a great idea in the beginning, but by the time of its closure had long run its course.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Hmm...

Once again the few ruin it for the many...

Sad.

Guest kingkamala

Well that thread was pretty sad at the end

My mission to 1000 thread

2002-2002