TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

Status of XPac and Scott Hall

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Scott Hall was only signed to appear four times for NWA:TNA, and has not yet signed any new deal to continue working for the company.

It is said that he was very professional and clean during his TNA appearances, but with the budget cutbacks, he might not be affordable for TNA at this point. Hall was reportedly making between $3000 and $3500 per show, with first class airfare.

X-Pac, Sean Waltman, has been released by WWE and has expressed interest in working for TNA. As Waltman and Hall are real life friends, there is talk of bringing them in as a unit for future TNA broadcasts, possibly for the September 18th show, which is being positioned as a big show.

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Guest ShooterJay

As much as I don't like X-Pac, that would be pretty cool.

Just don't let them dominate the tag division and never defend the belts.

Guest dreamer420

they should stick x-pac in the x division and hopefully he'll get that 1-2-3 Kid work ethic back in him.

hall could easily be the top face in the nwa right now but I haven't heard if he will be back or not. his apperance deal with the nwa ran out but I would have though they would have been pressing to get hall back since he was so popular during the first shows.

Guest pete

If they do use them. They will need to help elevate some of the lesser known talent by selling their asses for them, and doing the job for some team.Because if TNA doesn't get the younger guys over and develope new talent they are sunk. So far they have gotten the X-Division over big. The Truth has been gaining momentum too, Jarrett needs to do a job for the truth so fans will take to him as more than just a guy on the rise. Having him go over Shamrock was a start. Even though I think they could have gotten Shamrock over a lot better than they did.They need tp push the NWA-TNA as something different. There are several workers out there that can put on a good show. Those are the guys they need to spotlight. Not the Dupps, Not Bruce(he could be repackaged though) They have some good workers use them. Elevvate the show through workrate. Why is everyone putting Summersalam over. One because the work was strong throughout the show, and they elevated a new performer to the next level.NWA-TNA is capable of this.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I don't want X Pac anywhere near the X division.

If they have to give them employment...I agree it should be strictly on the tag team level.

I could live with Pac and Hall as a tag team.

But...admittedly...this is one of those times where I hope TNA has money problems.

Guest dreamer420

I think the X Division could jumpstart X-Pac's career. Of course if it does the WWE will just hire him right back.

Guest Tony149

I'm not a big X-Pac fan, but if he signs on and is able to bust out the workrate, then I'm all for it.

Russo said in an interview on Saturday (It's up somewhere on the Torch website) that the 9/18 show will have "2 major surprises".

Guest pete

I say bring the guys in. The only problem I see is that the avg. fan isn't buying the NWA-TNA ppvs; it's the smarks who are. We really don't care that much about X-Pac. There are several workers in the company right now that are more fun to watch. Thats the sad thing about ot all. They get a piece of talent coming from the WWE show and they can't even use him to elevate one of their younger talents on a national scale. X-Pac was one of the major reasons to help the WWE turn around and put WCW out of businees. Now he has the potential to help elevate another company elevate their standing but they don't have an ausience on a national T.V scale.

Guest eirejmcmahon

Bearing in mind the cost of bringing in Scott Hall and X-Pac, along with their less than inspiring histories, I think it would be a very poor - almost markish - decision by NWATNA if they moved to bring the pair in.

Guest midnight_burn

I'd probably prefer it if X-Pac didn't end up in NWA:TNA, though a Tag Team of him and Scott Hall i wouldn't mind so much.

Perhaps having them win the Tag Belts and using them to kick start the Tag division could be alright. Keep them mostly in tag matches and have them defend the belts often and it could work out.