TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vern Gagne

*sob* I just ran over a turtle

Guest Vern Gagne

It was a little turtle and I probably could of avoided it, but it was going right into traffic so it probably would of been hit eventually. :(

Anyone have any good roadkill stories. Like "accidentally" running over a dog or cat.

Guest The Electrifyer

I've run over other already dead animals, nothing alive though.

Guest Daredevil21

In the spring of 2001, just a couple days before the last day of school, me and a bunch of friends went to Hooters after a couple of our exams. Anyway, me and three other friends were in a car as we left the restaraunt. My other friend was ahead of us and he was speeding like a mofo. Anyway, as he sped down the backroad we saw him hit something near the side of the road. We stopped the car, got out, and realized that he had just run over a turtle. It was still alive, but the entire shell was cracked, which was an odd sight. Another car pulled over and we all looked at the turtle, unsure of what to do. While it had just been run over, it seemed ready to bite the first person dumb enough to try and touch it. Anyway, we called animal control or some place like that and they eventually came and took it away. Yep, that's it.

Guest dreamer420

I ran over a rabbit once that darted right in front of my truck. My girlfriend at the time got all upset and then mad at me for not stopping.

Guest J*ingus

One time my whole family was riding down the road in our minivan. Our stepdad was driving, and suddenly in front of us a squirrel was sitting in the road, and it refused to give the 5-ton vehicle the right of way. Now, if my stepdad had kept going straight, he probably would've passed over it; swerved far to the left, and he would've missed it.

So what does he do? Honestly trying to avoid it, he swerves SLIGHTLY to the left, and manages to hit it with both the front and back tires. This was followed by three seconds of silence, after which my brother exclaimed "what the hell was THAT?!" and I started guffawing like a baffoon.

Guest dreamer420

I have a friends who hit a bald eagle with the windshield of his minivan. he killed the eagle and window in one shot.

Guest Some Guy

I was drunk and driving my friend home at about 3 in the mornign one night and out of teh corner of my eye i saw a Skunk running into the street. it got under my car and I swerved to avoid it but clipped its head off with my back tire. My car fucking stank for about two weeks, but it would have been worse had I run over its body.

Guest Angle-plex

I ran over something. I just got off a plane, and I was tired and it was dark, so I don't know what it was.

Guest CED Ordonez

My first and only roadkill was when I nailed a jackrabbit that decided to leap out at the last second from behind some bushes and I watched it roll in my rear view mirror. Then I circled around the block, slowed down next to it to make sure it was dead and drove home. I was going to run it over a second time if it was still twitching for a mercy killing, but the way its neck was smashed told me it was dead .

Guest Texas Small Arms 09

I've hit a squirrel before only because the fucker darted out in front of my car so i stopped. Well he stopped and I waited for a minute and he wouldn't move so I went and as soon as I started to go he ran and he went under my tire.

Guest DrTom

When I was about 8, my mother and I were riding in a car with one of the parish priests, and he ran over an opussum. I don't remember him blessing the body, saying a prayer, or anything like that.

Guest oldschoolwrestling
When I was about 8, my mother and I were riding in a car with one of the parish priests, and he ran over an opussum. I don't remember him blessing the body, saying a prayer, or anything like that.

When I was in high school, my buddies and I were driving and saw an opossum. I ran over it right in the middle of its body as my friends cheered. We wanted to check it out so we circled back. Its body was stuck to the road and its head and feet were moving so I went for the head and the mercy killing. I of course was now heading in the wrong direction so we circled back one last time and I finished the job off by taking out the feet.

Guest The Electrifyer

Oh yeah, I forgot once. I was driving and the car in front of me, which I think was a pick-up truck, hit a squirel on the road. The truck, though, didn't get the squirel good enough and the squirel was in immense pain. I saw it and it was just jumping up and down, left and right uncontrolably. I felt very sorry for it but I couldn't really turn back and take it out of its misery cuz of the business of the road.

Guest Vern Gagne

Is that why your an Atheist? :D

Guest DrTom
Is that why your an Atheist?

Heh. Good question, but that really has nothing to do with it.

Guest cartman

One day I was driving through the boonies of Burrillville, RI on the way to my girl's house...and I saw this chicked in the middle of the road. I was doin like 50 and the thing wasnt moving...so I swerved to the left side of the road to avoid it but it ran right in front of my car...complete suicide...feathers EVERYWHERE. I looked back to see the poor thing flapping one wing trying to move around...I almost cried...

Guest Grenouille

Back in February heading up to Canada, me and my friends encountered a moose. It's 12:30 A.M. with light snow in the middle of nowhere (Jackman, Maine) and you have an animal in front of you that could tear your car to shreads. Finally after 10 minutes of sitting there in a panic the thing crossed over into the woods.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

No roadkill stories. I've never hit anything with my car except for the occassional bug that splatters against my windshield. I have always avoided any living thing on the road, but if it would someday come down to that animal and me swerving into oncoming traffic, bye bye bambi.

On a happier note, a few months ago I was driving this state road to work when a turtle decided to make its way across the street. I avoided him, and the car behind me did, but I didn't think the little guy would make it across scot-free. I spent that day preparing myself to see turtle guts on the way home (this stretch of road is LITTERED with roadkill), but I didn't see any. I guess someone was watching over that turtle that day...

Guest Spaceman Spiff

1) a bird flew into my windshield

2) a groundhog (or something - it was dark) darted out - no time to stop. *thump-thump*

3) hit a deer - that one sucked. $3000+ damages. Thank goodness for insurance ($500 deductible)

Guest kingkamala
It's 12:30 A.M. with light snow in the middle of nowhere (Jackman, Maine)

3/4 of Maine is nowhere, you should know that

Guest Agent of Oblivion

In my old car, which was a 68 Cadillac Sedan de Ville, I nailed a deer when I was going about 80, luckily it wasn't really that big, only a fawn, but I sent that bastard airborne, killed upon impact. All it did was mess up the grill a little bit and it broke off the hood ornament. I miss that car, sumbitch was invincible. Thing jumped right out in front of me, I stopped after hitting it, sat there for about 2 seconds, looked at my buddy who was sitting shotgun, and we started laughing hysterically. I don't know why.

Guest Some Guy
It's 12:30 A.M. with light snow in the middle of nowhere (Jackman, Maine)

3/4 of Maine is nowhere, you should know that

More like 4/4 of Maine is nowhere. :P

Guest converge241

driving down the highway around 1100 at night hit a squirell (most likely).

i had never hit anything before and never wanted to, it bummed me out a little, but i forgot about it

driving home on the opposite route @ 5 in the morning

HIT ANOTHER SQUIRELL

my buddy died laughing..i was like "what the hell is going on?"

i havent hit anything since.

I live in New England and 5/4 of Maine is nothing, they have to borrow some of New Hampshires ! :)