TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

SmartMarks Roundtable O'Chat

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Well, since the death of Mission to 1000 thread, a thread that in it's heyday was one of the most unique I'd ever seen on a forum, I thought there was something missing from this board. A Chat Thread! Some of you are already groaning, but hear me out. First, we lay some ground rules:

1. This Thread is for chatting ONLY. No site-plugs, spamming, insults, or mindless posting.

2. This thread is NOT an Excuse to bolster post count. The thread you are looking for is pinned above. Any deviation of the rules is the same as if it were in another thread and will be left up to the mods as to your punishment.

3. If you continually annoy us your posts in this thread will be ignored, and a mod. will be PM'ed and asked to ban you. You have been warned.

4. Debates will arise in the course of discussion. You may argue, but please be respectful.

5. The Most Important Rule: NO SUBJECT IS TABOO. We are bound to talk about anything from Grand Theft Auto 3 to 9/11, if the topic of discussion offends, sorry.

That's about it. PM if you have any comments, and enjoy the thread!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Their probobly will be debate as to the necessity of this thread. If you disagree with it, please talk about it and tell us why. It will provide some conversation to start us off.

Guest godthedog

hm...

5. The Most Important Rule: NO SUBJECT IS TABOO. We are bound to talk about anything from Grand Theft Auto 3 to 9/11, if the topic of discussion offends, sorry.

well what if they made a 9/11 version of grand theft auto, where you hijack planes instead of cars & complete terrorist missions? i guess that wouldn't work, cause you'd only get to do one mission.

okay, yeah, that...wasn't funny at all.

Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion

Hey...

Be nice to Word Association.

(*post whore~!*)

Guest Mystery Eskimo

I don't have any problem with this thread.

How's that for starting conversation?

Um...anyone having a really boring weekend? I am. <_<

My weekend has consisted of: sleeping in, drinking lots of coffee, making a new banner for myself, and watching a marathon of "Law & Order" on A&E.

You know, uhm,...

Guest godthedog

they had a law & order marathon? god dammit! god damn my fucking cable company for no-showing the first time i set up an appointment, then showing an hour too early the next time! that marathon would've made my fucking weekend.

Guest Texas Small Arms 09

Hey the Law & Order mathathon is on A&E and on TNT. It just depends on which episodes you would like to see, even though you have probably seen all of them 20 times over.

Well, A&E's is over... and so is TNT's. Bah.

I haven't watched TNT/TBS since WCW closed down. I miss it, in a way.

Do they still do that "Monday Nitro" bumper thing before whatever late-night movie on Mondays?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Anyone ever see "Seven Samurai", "Yojimbo" any of the "Baby Cart" movies, or "ShoGun"? I've rented them all in the last week and have been having a great time!

Guest J*ingus

Seven Samurai rules the world, one of the best movies ever made in my opinion. If you liked Yojimbo, definitely seek out its sequel Sanjuro, which was better than the original in my opinion. Hidden Fortress is another really good one, Star Wars ripped off its plot a little bit.

I just rewatched Dr. Strangelove. Man, what a strange movie. The individual scenes were f'n brilliant, but the editing was SUCH a mess.

Oh, and I'm a SuperMod now, so feel free to worship me. B)

Guest Flyboy
Oh, and I'm a SuperMod now, so feel free to worship me. B)

I'll be damn... :P

Congrats, Jingus.

Guest Incandenza

Ah, Jingus, why couldn't ya have been a mod when the State of America was still together? All the potential abuses of power....

Oh yeah, Akira Kurosawa--and especially Toshiro Mifune--OWNZ you all.

I finally got a chance to see "Pulp Fiction" for the first time yesterday. Damn. Life-altering, no not really.

(*worships jingus for all eternity*)

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

If you like Sanjuro then watch "Baby Cart in the Land of Demons". Same amazing visuals, same great cinematography, better action and a great plot.

It's the best non-Kurosawa samurai movie EVER made.

Guest WukenBloodstar

Meh..is there a channel that shows good movies on cable? I'm tired of going through channel one to 501 to find a movie on tv...yeesh <_<

Uhm.. HBO?

(*shrug*)

I only get 78 channels... Not like I'm missing anything.

Guest J*ingus

501 implies having digital cable or satellite, which comes with anywhere between fifty to a hundred different stations which pretty much only play movies. I WISH I had that problem.

Why? I don't even like having 78. I don't watch any more than 20...

Guest Cerebus The Aardvark

Call me old-fashioned (or something), but why not just use IM programs for chatting?

Or would that be too easy?

Just saying.

Guest justsoyouknow

Alright, who wants to hear about my weekend? Everyone? Great.

So I'm kicking back with my friend Mike and we're just looking for something to do. All of the parties have been busted up already, so we're just cruising around, when his girlfriend gives him a call. They start fighting and he decides that we're going to roll over to her house. I start driving over there, but once we get there, she's not there.....the only car that's parked outside is my ex-girlfriend's car. I pull up close so I can spit on it or something, then he goes "I've got a better idea."

So I flip a bitch at the end of the street, he unrolls the window and.....holds out a key. I pull up next to her car, he puts the key against it, and I hit the gas...........BIG ASS SCRATCH down the entire side of her green car. We circle the block and take a look at what we've done.....have the BIGGEST laugh I've had in a few months, then we book.....

We're probably going to get so fucking busted for this it's not even funny, but I can't stop laughing about it. On a sidenote, I'm going to hell. Mike is planning on calling me at 3 this morning to pick him up so he can throw a brick through his (now ex) girlfriend's car windsheild.

Guest Kotzenjunge

You're talking to a guy who's done some, ech hem, what one could call vandalistic things in his time...

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Just goes to show you..revenge isn't a bad thing, it's a GOOD thing!

Guest Flyboy

I've been talking to my ex on the phone and slowly finishing up my Geometry homework over my 3-day weekend. Plus, I'm getting ready to recap HeAT~! tomorrow.

I was actually going to go to bed a very long time ago. I have no idea what happened, but here I am, with a new banner for BuffyBeast and much creepiness abound.