TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vern Gagne

Another reason I hate the media

Guest Vern Gagne

Thank god old people in Florida don't know how to vote, ALGore might be President if they did if they did.

I respect the man in office for who he is, not his title. For instance I would not consider myself equal to men like FDR, Eisenhower or Reagan, because I respect them, I don't respect Bush, therefore why should I put him on a pedastal.

I judge by the measure of the man, not by the title he holds.

Guest Cancer Marney
Fifty-one million Americans obviously agree, and a few hundred in Palm Beach not-so-obviously agree with Zorin as well.
No. Believing that Al Gore is a better man than the President is slightly more defensible than believing Zorin is a better man than the President. The possibility of the latter is exactly 0%, whereas while the possibility of the former may be considerably less than 0.000000001%, the chance could still exist. In theory.

Guest big Dante Cruz

Yeah, good luck. Try getting around that clause in the Constitution that says the President has to be born an American.

Guest Cancer Marney

Well, in theory you could become a Congressman and draft an amendment to the Constitution. But I think it's a good and fair requirement.

Guest Cancer Marney

No no no, I said I like the requirement that the President has to be born on American soil.

Guest Cancer Marney

Nice try, but the President isn't empowered to change the Vice President's salary after their election...

Guest evenflowDDT
Thank god old people in Florida don't know how to vote, ALGore might be President if they did if they did.

You say that like it's a bad thing (which, since everyone in Current Events except me is conservative, I guess for you guys it would be :P )

Besides, you forget that all those old people in Florida would've voted for Buchanan, if anyone.

Guest evenflowDDT
Pat Buchanan or James Buchanan?

Oh! I recognize that joke... where is that from? I think I saw it in an editorial before.

Guest meanmaisch

Don't worry EvenFlow, you're not the only non-conservative here. I'm also one of the handful of liberals here in this folder.

Guest Some Guy
Nice try, but the President isn't empowered to change the Vice President's salary after their election...

The President isn't empowered to raise his salary at all, he can take less, Congress is and the President signs off on it but the raise wouldn't go into effect until the next President is elected. This happened in the Clinton years, the salary was raised form $250,000 or so to $400,000. So Bush gets $400,000 and Clinton got teh previous salary. Congress also gave themselves raises.

Guest Cancer Marney
Congress also gave themselves raises.

...which shocked the living hell out of everyone under 3.

Guest Vern Gagne
Congress also gave themselves raises.

...which shocked the living hell out of everyone under 3.

Whatta mean...the earned it! :lol:

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"Oh! I recognize that joke... where is that from? I think I saw it in an editorial before."

I got the joke from an editorial cartoon -- have no clue who did it though it was so long ago...