TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

A Question for the Kanenites

Guest RazorxEDGE

Yeah, you got a point there.

And:

1 Big Boot from a 6'6", 292-pound mountain of muscle > Lance Storm's awkward punches and Christian's hair-flinging stomps

Guest Anglesault
My logic is this: when a small technician faces off against a big, powerful monster in a match, they spend the majority of the match trying to "chop down the tree". It's a 10 to 20-minute uphill battle for the smaller guy.

The idea is that the small guy can never win a slugfest with the big monster and he needs to either work on a leg (They're not 7" when they're on the mat) or stick and move.

So why should Lance Storm and Christian defy the logic that we see in the matches and be able to beat Kane down with their bare hands? If they it takes them 10 to 20 minutes of leg work just to take him down, why should their punches and stomps be so  effective in an impromptu beatdown?

Because they are two people.

But as I said before:

1 Unstoppable Break-Dancing Fire Demon From Hell > 2 Canadian Nationals

It's just that simple.

It makes the tag champs look like shit. Two men can't beat a guy that every one and their mother has ebaten at some point or another. And these are the TAG champs.

Guest Mulatto Heat
But as I said before:

It's just that simple.

Unstoppable? Didn't Kane lose to Edge cleanly on a Smackdown last December?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
My logic is this: when a small technician faces off against a big, powerful monster in a match, they spend the majority of the match trying to "chop down the tree". It's a 10 to 20-minute uphill battle for the smaller guy.

The idea is that the small guy can never win a slugfest with the big monster and he needs to either work on a leg (They're not 7" when they're on the mat) or stick and move.

So why should Lance Storm and Christian defy the logic that we see in the matches and be able to beat Kane down with their bare hands? If they it takes them 10 to 20 minutes of leg work just to take him down, why should their punches and stomps be so  effective in an impromptu beatdown?

Because they are two people.

But as I said before:

It's just that simple.

It makes the tag champs look like shit. Two men can't beat a guy that every one and their mother has ebaten at some point or another. And these are the TAG champs.

No it doesn't. The crowd could give a shit about them winning. The only reason they boo in the first place is because they don't like America.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Who hasn't beaten up Lance and Christian? Rikishi did it, Mark Henry did it, The Undertaker did it..

Guest BionicRedneck

Nobody should beat the tag team champions on their own.

Regardless, of wether the crowd cares on not, its still an insult.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I just want to say that I miss the days when Kane would hit the ring, lay out 5 main eventers, and then leave.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Okay maybe not that many. But you could have Austin, Taker, some jobbers et al in the ring and then Kane would come in. Then what would follow would involve lots of selling and eventually everyone laying out on the canvas. It was like a nuclear bomb just hit the ring or something.

Guest KANE

Kane can do no wrong in my eyes. Ok, the coffee and Tori feuds were dumb, I'll give you that.

But as for the handicap match, it doesn't bug me much. We're talking about Lance and Christian. So what if they're making the tag champs look bad? Those two shouldn't even BE the tag champs. Booker and Goldust should have won them at Summerslam, because no one is BUYING Lance and Christian as tag champs. Besides, It's not like Kane won an hour-long Iron Man Match against the Rock, then double chokeslamed Brock and Triple H when they hit the ring, then went backstage and set Hogan on fire while making Angle and Benoit tap...although that would be pretty cool...

He just beat a couple of jobbers that currently have the tag belts.

Guest KANE
Okay maybe not that many. But you could have Austin, Taker, some jobbers et al in the ring and then Kane would come in. Then what would follow would involve lots of selling and eventually everyone laying out on the canvas. It was like a nuclear bomb just hit the ring or something.

That's what I love about Royal Rumbles '99 and '01. In the former, Kane just clears the ring of all the crap and looks like a monster (too bad about the dumbass straight-jacket elimination). In 2001 he lasted the longest, eliminated the most people (Including the Rock!) and came within an eyelash of winning it. Even when getting ganged up on by multiple people, he still hung in there and was prone to spontaneous explosions of "house cleaning". I love that match.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I'll give you the first one, as it served it's purpose to clear the ring of jobbers but still get him out of there.

The 2001 show he was just bestowed with the Diesel Push. Pure and simple.

As for the tag belts, everyone knows what I think of this stupid unAmericans angle. It's not like they'll ever be over as credible champs anyway. All that stable even EXISTS for is for every guy, from main eventer to jobber, to come out and pin them so the crowd can go nuts and chant "USA". Big whoop.

Guest RazorxEDGE

They always start pushing the hell out of Kane right before the Royal Rumble. Same with the Big Slow.

Guest Mulatto Heat

When was that? I remember two instances of Christian beating Kane - one involved Edge and Tazz interference and the other involved Edge and Albert interference.

Guest Just call me Dan

Kane needed that win, he's definetly going to be pushed incredibly hard. Harder than Test or Albert or Show. But beating the TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS is absolutely uncalled ofr. Not because of exactly who they are but because of the BELT. If the WWE puts those belts on two guys, it's because they have plans for these guys and this is the best 2 man team in the federation. It is inexcusable to have Edge and Christian getting wins over KANE AND UNDERTAKER but Christian and Lance Storm can't beat just Kane. Kane beating those two is the same logic as Kane being able to beat any tag team like if Booker and Dust were to win, Kane should justifiably beat them at the same time as well. No. That is pissing on your titles.