TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HBK16

Whats your school/ work doing..

Guest HBK16

If anything. My school made a huge huge flag with all 50 states on it. We will have a ceremony on Friday with guest speakers like a fire fighter that will be flying in from New York and a few more than have not been mentioned. The Phoenix fire and police department will also be there and news crews of course. I think it will be kinda cool. Only half of the school is chosen to go to the ceremony and I was chosen so I am kinda excited to go. But the flag with then be flown to New York and be hung there somwhere so when you see a flag with all 40 states flags you will know it came from my school from Phoenix.

Guest Incandenza

Work's doing nothing, but I'm sure my school has various things going on, though I haven't noticed any advertising around campus.

Guest Marshall

A couple of weeks after it happend we had a two mitutes silience at work. These two girls where in the corner giggling. To be fair, they weren't giggling at what happend or anything, they are always together giggling at stuff.

Anyway, I don't they'll do anyting this time.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I'm not in school anymore nor do I work, but I will be FLYING on September 11th, to Washington of all places. I hate the reason why it's cheap to fly that day, but it was the best opportunity to finally go on my Graduation present trip. The New York leg of the trip was nixed due to costs.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Marshall

I wouln't fly on that day. I don't anything will happen, but it would just be wierd.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Hey, at least I'll have plenty of room to stretch out on the plane and run around the airports with so few people around.

(imagines Hartsfield International being empty, head explodes from images of sheer desolation)

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest HBK16
I wouln't fly on that day. I don't anything will happen, but it would just be wierd.

I wouldn't either. There will be way too much security but still it would be very weird to fly on that day

Guest Will Scarlet

I know I probably would fly that day. I figure that flight would be cheaper, and the security would probably ultra tight, so it would probably mean a safe trip. That would be a plus.

As for what my school is doing, probably nothing. I am in Canada. Last year, when it happened, I had to go to my Technology & Values class anyway. It was kind of weird going to class on that day though. Everything seemed so normal on campus and such, meanwhile, in the US, everything seemed to be mass chaos and fear. It was a weird feeling.

Guest Kotzenjunge

(imagines people panicking and chaos on one side of border, peace and calm on the other)

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

If I coulda gotten one of those free tickets, I woulda gone somewhere on airplane for free.

Sadly, our airport isnt serviced by the company that offered the free flights..

Guest Kotzenjunge

Oh, mine isn't free. Just a SWANK~! deal from the good folk of expedia.com.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Breetai

I'm gonna shed a tear for the large amount of totally innocent civillians killed in Afghanistan (more than were killed last 9/11 in America), reflect on how the supposed "good guys" with superior technology are more destructive of innocents when they try not to be than when the "bad guys" don't give a fuck, laugh at the irony of Bush setting up yet another shaky puppet reigime like he did in the 80's which PAVED THE WAY for the taliban, not to mention the fact that Bin Laden was CIA FUCKING TRAINED, and bemoan the unconstitutional way that Dubya is protecting freedom from the outside by eroding it on the inside.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Keep the oh-so-trendy cynicism in Current Events and get to stepping.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Ravenbomb

I wouldn't fly anyways, I have nowhere to be that wouldn't require walking or asking for a ride.

School's doing a half day

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

My school will do nothing, which is normal. However, I'm sure lots of people will stay home to protest just like last year when we didn't get Martin Luther King Day off. However, most likely there will not be people walking around in homemade KKK outfits, so it won't be quite the same.

Those were good times man.

Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion
My school will do nothing, which is normal.

Mine too. Though, as far as I know, no one around here has walked around dressed as KKK members.. Though they don't know who Martin Lurther King even was, basically.

I don't really know why our school would do something, anyway. I see all this false sentiment and I question the motives of some of these jerks...

Uhm, hell, anyway.

Personally, I'm probably going to be paranoid all day of just.. anything.. happening. Dunno why, but uh... Yeah. That's me.

Guest Michael Joel Benoit
I'm gonna shed a tear for the large amount of totally innocent civillians killed in Afghanistan (more than were killed last 9/11 in America), reflect on how the supposed "good guys" with superior technology are more destructive of innocents when they try not to be than when the "bad guys" don't give a fuck, laugh at the irony of Bush setting up yet another shaky puppet reigime like he did in the 80's which PAVED THE WAY for the taliban, not to mention the fact that Bin Laden was CIA FUCKING TRAINED, and bemoan the unconstitutional way that Dubya is protecting freedom from the outside by eroding it on the inside.

You have no idea how happy I am that you said that.

It looks like I'm not alone in my viewpoints.

Let me add something else to this even though you may not think this but I do:

FUCK THE U.S. GOVERMENT!

Fight The Power.

Guest Kotzenjunge

(musically) Let's all rebel... for no reasons... at alllllllllll!!!!!!!

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

You're lucky you sang that or people would be pissed at you. :lol:

When I was a kid I said the government could blow me too. Of course, as I got older I learned that the government and I really have nothing to do with each other, and so now I don't care.

I still don't vote though. ~RaGe AgAiNsT tHe MaChInE~

Guest meanmaisch

Knowing Rutgers University- Camden, they will probably either totally forget about it or have some overwraught ceremony that will waste a lot of time.

Guest HBK16

My school is always doing ceremonies for stuff like this. I mean we have one if someone dies even if they didn't go to the school or anything. Some teachers and students even traveled to New York last year to interview a bunch of firefighter and even the mayor.

Guest J*ingus

Being as how the only things even vaguely resembling employers that I claim are 1.A wrestling company, and 2.This board, I doubt that a helluva lot will be done on either front.

Being unemployed and not in school, I can't really answer that. However, I know that day, I'll probably try to keep my composure as I still have nightmares of that day. For those of you who didn't know, I was a fucking eyewitness to the entire debacle that day and it was probably the worst day of my life....and I didn't even lose someone. I can just imagine those that did.

Dames

Guest Agent of Oblivion
For those of you who didn't know, I was a fucking eyewitness to the entire debacle that day and it was probably the worst day of my life....and I didn't even lose someone. I can just imagine those that did.

Dames

No shit, Dames? Wow. Even after a year, you are the first person I've heard personally who said they actually saw all that happen. I don't know what I'd do if I were there, probably the same thing I did watching it on TV, sit there in awe, occasionally saying "...fuck..."

After it sort of sunk in a little, I got amazingly blazed and listened to World Coming Down, by Type O. I'll probably do the same thing on wednesday, just because.

I remember being on campus that day, and that afternoon I went walking around, because it was gorgeous outside, and the ENTIRE CAMPUS was dead fucking silent. There were people out and about and everything, but there was NO ONE talking loudly at all, and I didn't even hear any stereos blaring, which was fucking eerie as hell for Ball State, which usually has this constant hum of distant chatter and bass rumbling from cars and the dorms.

Guest saturnmark4life

well, i'd assume there'd be a moment of silence somewhere along the line, but it's my friend's birthday so i'm getting mondo drunk first and foremost, just like last year.

Guest Leena

Nothing will be done about it where I work.

I really hope I don't have to do anything on 9/11 in any of my classes. I understand doing things like to show respect, but everyone knows what happened, we've grieved, and I think it's better just to forget and move on.

Guest HBK16

I am glad I wasn't an eyewitness. It destroyed me enough just seeing on TV. I don't know how I would have reacted seeing all that in person.