TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Youth N Asia

Do Storm/Christian HAVE to lose the belts Monday

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Does anyone care about the Unamericans anyway? Its an old old idea and should really be stopped. If they lose the belts this week I think it'll be best all round.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

The Dudleyz were stale. I, for one, don't want to see them back together.

C&B, when they were champs, were treated as nothing more than a comedy team. Since losing the belts, they've put on some decent matches on SD against Helms/Moore and Holly/Venis.

Guest notJames

Forget ChuckaBilly... Rico's star is definitely rising. And if his match with Rey Rey is any indication, he's gonna be huge someday... provided they can quietly ditch the gay overtones, because you know how the general wrestling fanbase feels about them... ;)

As for the tag belts, I say keep them on the UnAmericans until they can establish some real competition on the RAW side (that might entail having the 3-Minute Offense do some, you know, wrestling) or allow contenders from Smackdown to join the fray.

As far as the anti-US gimmick goes, it's not working out well because they're not being built up as a wrestling threat. Cheap heat can only get you so far if you aren't allowed to back it up in the ring, especially when all the heat seems to center around Test and his blowtorch. And it's not enough to give them convincing wins; then need to make us like or hate them apart from the angle. They need to work on the dynamic of the three members (their singular motivations, their roles within the team, etc,) if this group is going to have any kind of future...

Guest Redhawk

They WERE stale, but I think some months apart gets rid of the stale-ness. Besides, stale or not, the fans would b more into "Whazzup" and "Get the Tables" and "3-D" than ANYTHING any other team does. I mean, Rock was supposedly stale before he took a long break and came back.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Well, if the Dudleyz would be going back to that, I don't want any. Serious Dudleyz = good, fun-loving Dudleyz = boring

I mean, Rock was supposedly stale before he took a long break and came back.

Apparently, the break didn't do anything, because he was *still* stale to me (and many others).

Guest *Slaps Pants, Big Boot*

Storm and Christian ought to keep the belts for a long time while Test fights for the RAW belt.

Guest Redhawk
Well, if the Dudleyz would be going back to that, I don't want any.  Serious Dudleyz = good, fun-loving Dudleyz = boring

I mean, Rock was supposedly stale before he took a long break and came back.

Apparently, the break didn't do anything, because he was *still* stale to me (and many others).

When will you figure out that you and the "many others" don't make up the audience that Vince is trying to please? Rock was over HUGE when he came back. So even if YOU think the Dudleys are stale, Vince isn't listening to you until you and your kind (smarks) make up most of the audience.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Being over huge doesn't equal not being stale. Rock came back essentially the same exact character w/ the same exact catchphrases, except he had bad/unfunny jokes (not sure who writes his material, though). In my view, Rock was stale.

Same w/ the Dudleyz. No doubt, they'll be over big-time, but if they do the same exact stuff they did 5 months ago, they'll be stale to me.

If you'll notice, not once did I say Vince should do solely what *I* want (it would be nice, though ;) ). I only expressed my views on the Dudleyz & Rock. Or is that not allowed since I'm not in the majority?

Guest HartFan86
I'd agree with you for the most part, but I just hope that Sept. 11 doesn't become a holiday. Why? Because in about 5 or 6 years, everyone will just look at Sept. 11 as "Cool, I don't have to go to work/school today." I mean, seriously, isn't that how we all look at President's Day, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, and the rest? Unless you have a relative or close who died during one of these events, it will eventually become just another day off.

Excellent, excellent point. And the thing is, he has proof to back it up. December 7. You guys remember that? No, probably not. Pearl Harbor. That was considered the first major attack on America and tons of people died but does anyone care about that? No. It happened 50+ years ago and it's forgotten. I mean, at school, it's just another day for everyone. No one ever brings it up. Wait in 30-40 years, September 11 will be the exact same way.

As for Christian/Lance/Test, I've got a bad feeling that they'll do the Ground Zero promo Monday. Not good.

BTW, I'm a tad bit of disgusted with this thread and you guys about Test. Sure, Test is....you know, Test. But saying stuff like "Hopefully Christian and Storm are okay" or whatever and not mentioning Test is crazy. He's a human being just like the rest of you. If all 3 guys did this promo, I'd be seroiusly concerned for all of their safety...including Test.

Then again, December 7th isn't a holiday.

To rebuke your point BH4Ever, most people take it for granted because up until recently, Pearl Harbor never had any substantial coverage probably due to the lack of technology at the time.

The events of 9/11 were captured on film, unlike any other tragedy or war that the US had been in. It's similar to the JFK assassination. That was captured on film and I'd say its a more poignant memory in people's minds than Pearl Harbor is. I don't think that the media will ever allow society to forget that day, so I have a feeling that 9/11 will never be just another day.

Dames

Guest Slingshot Suplex

I'd be a little surprised if they do anything at all with the Un Americans this week.

9/11 is obviously too fresh in everyone's minds and anything they do has potential backlash ramifications.With ratings down and attendance down,they can't do anything which might alienate any more fans than they've already lost.

A tag title loss is possible but would be written off much the same way as Angle winning the WWF title last year for some people.A way to capitalize on the events.

Guest HartFan86
Then again, December 7th isn't a holiday.  

That's my point. We shouldn't have a holiday where everyone gets the day off to celebrate an attack on our country. Ditto with Sept 11th.

To rebuke your point BH4Ever, most people take it for granted because up until recently, Pearl Harbor never had any substantial coverage probably due to the lack of technology at the time.  

The events of 9/11 were captured on film, unlike any other tragedy or war that the US had been in.  It's similar to the JFK assassination.  That was captured on film and I'd say its a more poignant memory in people's minds than Pearl Harbor is.  I don't think that the media will ever allow society to forget that day, so I have a feeling that 9/11 will never be just another day.  

You do make a strong point as far as technology goes, but I think people will slowly forget about 9/11 eventually. Soon or later, the constant coverage of things concerning 9/11 is going to have to stop because there is still people who are actually still trying to move on with their lives (I'd imagine yourself, Dames.) and seeing it on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News everyday must not help (ala "The Ticker").

I think eventually people are going to say on September 11: "Oh yeah...I remember that." but nothing more. Then again, neither of us can predict the future, so bleh.

Anyways, the point I'm saying with all of this is basically September 11 shouldn't be a holiday where everyone stops working to "remember" the victims and take the day off.

Guest KANE

I don't think anyone has off on 9/11. There are plenty of "holidays" or "special days" where people don't get off: Columbus Day, Halloween, Valentine's Day, D-Day, St. Patrick's Day, April Fool's Day, Groundhog Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (some places have off, not all), etc. Of course I realize I named a lot of "joke" holidays, or days where calling it a "holiday" is a stretch of the term, but I'm saying that 9/11 can be a reverent day without having a 3 day weekend. I don't think anyone should have off on 9/11.

Maybe however, we can have a quiet reflection time between the hours of 8:50 and 10:28 a.m. where people reflect.

To keep this on topic so it doesn't get moved...yeah, keeping the belts on Storm and Christian isn't helping anybody. Not even Storm and Christian.

Guest Ace309

I think that flag burning was protected as a form of protest, but due to the way the opinion was written, it legalized *all* forms of disrespect toward the flag. If I'm wrong, forgive me... I haven't read Texas v. Johnson in over six months.

And, unfortunately, Mr. W has declared September 11 "Patriots Day." One more step on the way to "Cool, we've got Patriots Day off."

Guest Ravenbomb

this may be a bit off topic, but did the WWF know that the Westboro Baptist Church used the upside-down flag in their protests? Anybody? Just curious

Guest Redhawk
I don't think anyone has off on 9/11. There are plenty of "holidays" or "special days" where people don't get off: Columbus Day, Halloween, Valentine's Day, D-Day, St. Patrick's Day, April Fool's Day, Groundhog Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (some places have off, not all), etc. Of course I realize I named a lot of "joke" holidays, or days where calling it a "holiday" is a stretch of the term, but I'm saying that 9/11 can be a reverent day without having a 3 day weekend. I don't think anyone should have off on 9/11.

Maybe however, we can have a quiet reflection time between the hours of 8:50 and 10:28 a.m. where people reflect.

To keep this on topic so it doesn't get moved...yeah, keeping the belts on Storm and Christian isn't helping anybody. Not even Storm and Christian.

1. That's the point. I'm saying that it shouldn't BECOME a holiday where people get off.

2. Halloween, Valentine's Day, April Fool's Day, and St. Patrick's Day are merely days to sell merchandise.

3. Most places have MLK day off.

4. Japan (or at least Hiroshima) still does a "moment of silence" on the anniversary of when the USA bombed them, but it doesn't last two and a half hours.

And to keep it on-topic, putting the belts on some other team now wouldn't really make a dent, unless it was a reformed Dudleys. No other babyface team is very popular besides Booker T-Goldust.

Guest dreamer420

I really doubt the WWE is going to have the Un-Americans do something about 9/11 on Raw. The WWE is too pro america right now to let something like that go on.

Also why would Lance Storm and Christian HAVE to lose the belts on Monday? That is the most retarded question I have ever heard. Remember, they don't actually hate the US and don't want to burn the american flag. Having an american team beat the un-americans for the titles on Raw isn't going to win any wars.

Guest Olympic Slam

Storm and Christian keeping the belts shouldn't have anything to do with 9/11. The only thing I could see happening is the Un-Americans cutting a 9/11 promo or finally doing something to the flag, only to lose the belts to a face tag team in one of those "feel good moments."

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

If it wasn't for 9/11, Storm and Christian wouldn't even be a team in the first place. This is just a really cheap way to get really cheap heat.

The'll do thier usual shtick on monday, going out of thier way not to mention 9/11 in any way, and then lose to BookerDust at Unforgiven.

Guest mister foozel

yeah it gets tired really quick, i agree

the WWE ruins another stable by making them look like pussies

damn kane should have joined em or something

usa should not get the advantage everytime

get rid of bradshaw and fire his ass

i hate his stale old gimmick and how theyre always talking about him being a big rough texan

bradshaw is so damn boring

ack damn you wwe

Guest OlympicHeroY2J

I don't think 9/11 should be a holiday we get off for every year but I do think there should have been an exception this year. It's one of the worst days in this nation's history and I feel that people should have the chance to stay together with their families during the day and just reflect on what happened one year ago. I mean, in the upcoming years, things will gradually ease up. We won't have entire-day coverage remembering the events of 9/11 or marches in the streets of Manhattan, but I don't think 9/11 will ever be forgotten. And I DEFINITELY don't think 9/11 will become a day where people go "Cool ! We got the day off !"

To summarize, I think everyone should have had the day off this September 11th to remember the events. In the upcoming years, maybe not. But the one-year anniversary is something that must not be forgotten.