TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobber of the Week

Go figure

Guest Jobber of the Week
the Dupp Cup segments on recent NWA:TNA broadcasts were thought up by Jerry Jarrett and not Vince Russo.

In one production meeting, Russo was overheard saying:

"You know everyone is going to blame me for this…"

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

:blink: :unsure:

I normally don't go into conspiracy theory mode, but why are we hearing about this now and not the first week the Dupp Cupp was introduced? Looks like Jarrett is trying to defend Russo by leaking some info.

Dames

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's a good point.

The disaster that it was...no one said anything about it not being Russo.

Then they did it again the next week...with midgets...

Still...nothing.

If it was Jerry...then I'm scared...cause if this is the case...neither one of them knows what to do.

It seems like Russo is always trying to pass the buck on bad booking issues. For example, it was just revealed a few weeks ago that it was Tony Schiavone who suggested Arquette as WCW champ. You figure that all this time, Russo would have stated that it wasn't his idea right? Now when he's back in a booking position, he's not taking responsibility for his lack of a brain.

Dames

Guest Jobber of the Week
It seems like Russo is always trying to pass the buck on bad booking issues. For example, it was just revealed a few weeks ago that it was Tony Schiavone who suggested Arquette as WCW champ.

I kind of figured it was Bischoff's idea, since he always love to hang out with the stars (see Jay Leno, Pro wrestler.)

Either way, this is all kind of scarry.

Guest Tony149

Nobody's perfect. If Jerry thought of it, Jerry thought of it.

The Arquette rumor was out for months. It was reported somebody pitched (Terry Taylor's name was the target) Arquette winning the WCW Title in the production meeting and Russo thought it had shock value. Then again, nobody brings up the fact Time Warner asked WCW to do something to promote the "Ready 2 Rumble" movie. Blame Time Warner for the Arquette shit. If they hadn't told WCW to promote the movie, nobody suggests Arquette winning.

I wouldn't blame Jerry for leaking info about this being his idea. People don't like Russo at all. And they're using it against TNA. That's the wrong way to think about a product, if you ask me.

Guest J*ingus
Jerry is from Tennessee, isn't that how they live?

::slaps OSW with his gee-tar, goes to drink some moonshine::

Guest Mole
the Dupp Cup segments on recent NWA:TNA broadcasts were thought up by Jerry Jarrett and not Vince Russo.

In one production meeting, Russo was overheard saying:

"You know everyone is going to blame me for this…"

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

:blink: :unsure:

Okay, call me stupid, but what is the Dupp Cup?

Guest nikowwf

A company this is supposed to be about "wrestling" and whose best feature is a dynamic cruiserweight division hires Russo, who is the antithesis of "wrestling", a man who writes stupid gimmicks and thinks wrestling should be a bad variety show.

They deserve to be panned for hiring him. It was just idiotic. The fact the shows after him contained something that sucked is not a coincidence. Its funny how ever bad idea he ever had (and since he left wwe its been all bad) has an excuse somewhere just waiting to let him off the hook.

Russo sucks. it pisses me off massively that NWA hired this moron to screw up there show.

Niko