TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest evenflowDDT

God, Rabbits, and Eddie the Echo

Guest evenflowDDT

Yo, not sure if this is another Kotz-induced trend yet (fo sheez, anyone?), but he's been doing quite a bit lady, and though I don't have as much to say, I've got a little bit...

Funny thing happened to me yesterday. As a prelude to this story, for UC Santa Cruz I have a summer assignment (for college? WHAT?!) where I have to interview someone at least twenty years older than me. Well, considering I move in next week and I haven't done it yet, I've been procrastinating a LOT. Thus, I made it clear to myself and to the people I talk to that I was going to write all the questions yesterday. Well... what should happen yesterday when I try and log on the internet (meaning I wouldn't be writing the questions) but that my connection goes sour and my phone line screws up within minutes. Well, this went on all day, and eventually I did my questions, and got 'em all done. I try and log on today and voila! I can connect just perfect! Now of course, being the fool that I am, I attributed this yesterday to a divine entity (maybe not "the" God, but "a" god nonetheless) screwing with my computer since it heard my promise to get the questions done and knew that I hadn't and wouldn't as long as I was online.

Now then, for something much less serious, cute commercial cartoon rabbit mascots! Has anyone noticed that the rabbit for NesQuik is simply called "Bunny"? I mean that's his name... isn't that demeaning? At least Trix's is "THE Rabbit" or even "The Trix Rabbit", implying that people care who he is enough to distinguish him from other rabbits. Calling the NesQuick mascot "Bunny" is like calling your wife "Woman" - grossly impersonal and implying that they can be easily replaced by any other of the same type. Anyone else agree with me on this?

Finally, finally finally, I saw my main man Eddie the Echo in a commercial yesterday. I saw my main man Eddie the Echo in a commercial yesterday. (j/k) It's not a new commercial anymore, but I was thinking about it for some reason. It's the one where he meets that cute girl who repeats stuff and has the glasses and is his "perfect match". Well, on their first date, they go to Paris and freakin' outer space (oh yea, and McDonald's). My question is... how the hell do you follow that up on the second date? The commercial makes it obvious that the two are soul-mates, so does that mean it doesn't really matter if they follow it up, as long as they're together? I have no idea, since I've never had a soul-mate or date to outer space (or McDonald's), but I was curious about this for some reason.

One more for the road that I just noticed... why was Word Association Thread unpinned? Too many posts off-setting the board's feng shui?

Guest Kotzenjunge

Word Association: survival of the fittest. If it's good enough, it'll stick around, and it has done so so far.

I didn't know I was a trend-setter...

(starts wearing peanut brittle underwear)

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest evenflowDDT

Peanut brittle underwear? Yech, I'd rather not follow that trend because:

a) Peanuts and brittle cost money, which I do not have

B) I wear boxers, not briefs

c) I'd never be able to walk my a squirrel again if I wanted to maintain any semblance of manhood.

But hey, THE MAN himself replied to my thread. wh00! So far he's the only one though... by the way, what's this in your sig about a Washington trip?

Guest Kotzenjunge

My belated graduation present. It was supposed to be in mid-to-late June. I'm FINALLY going to be able to see my favorite place on Earth ON MY OWN DAMN TERMS. No people holding me up, no one wanting to see what THEY want to see, just me, myself, and I.

Throw in the fact that the former First Lady lives up there, and it's a downright perfect trip.

The icing on the cake would have been a WWE event in Washington at the same time as my being there. Of course I'd be there Wednesday-Sunday, but even a house show would be great.

I'm honestly exploding with anticipation. I haven't felt this way since the buildup to Wrestlemania XVII. Sort of sad, but hey, give me some credit. The Rock/Austin build was the best EVER.

Me: Insane wrestling fan and lover of our Nation's capital.

I was kidding about the peanut brittle underwear. I meant none at all. Cheap AND comfortable!

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

(I'd like to see support for this Patrick = THE MAN theory.)

Guest evenflowDDT

Patrick enjoys many good electronica artists, is reasonably intelligent and popular, is a true board trend-setter (fo sheez!) and was the only one to reply to this topic, which is somewhat ironically because its a shoddy knock-off of his "Random Observations" topics (I mean, you don't see the producers of Friday the 13th renting Bloody Murder do you?). Thus, Patrick = THE MAN!

Unless, of course you're not Patrick... in which case I'll say this empty water bottle is rattling on my desk and really bothering me, and I never got off my ass to watch Spiders today and I'm tired and a little pissed off and probably leaving right now, although I like to leave with an even post count so now I have to make 4 more posts!

Hmmmm... maybe that bitchiness and vastly uninformed quality is part of the reason nobody replies to my topics.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I am Patrick, and so people know, I'm not Metal Ed also. I'm singing his praises everywhere he posts because he rules. People idolize Guy Stokes, I idolize Metal Ed. ROCK BOX, BAYBEE~!

I responded to this thread partially out of pity, but when I saw the trend setter part and the question I was able to answer, I found a plausible reason to reply. Hopefully people will see the number tomorrow and respond. For some reason people are reluctant to post on a lot of stuff first. Guess they don't want to look stupid. Ehh.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest evenflowDDT

Well Christ, if I start a thread nobody else has to worry about looking stupid :rolleyes:

Anyway thanks for getting the ball rolling... usually my threads (not counting Smackdown! threads) die pretty quickly for some strange reason. I just don't have that longevity factor... maybe its bad karma. Have I done anything wrong lately? Of course, but that doesn't stop the bad karma from coming anyway...

Guest Kotzenjunge

Well, you were that Punk Princess person. Not many took a liking to that. I'm kinda disappointed that it wasn't a real person, I was looking forward to what the super-duper #1 Avril fan looked like. Expecting horror, but still looking forward to it.

Fo Evenflow's post count to be even,

Kotzenjunge

Guest evenflowDDT

Yea, the problem with the Punk Princess was I thought about it and thought about it and it kept turning out so good in my head that I never put any legitimate thoughts into how to actually DO it so it'd be good in real life.

But hell, at least I actually did it, as opposed to the hours of guitar I was supposed to practice but never did, songs I never wrote, films I never filmed, reviews and scripts that never left the safe confines of my skull.

Bah, bah indeed. I swear if college doesn't inspire me to do something I have no idea what will. As it is right now I'm heading off to go to sleep but instead of dreaming I'll probably just be "killing kittens" as we used to put it in the old Mission to 1000 thread. Anyway sorry for grossing you out with that fact of life, guess that's more bad thread karma for me... funny how I rack up so much bad karma on the internet when in real life I get so much bad luck I better get a poopload of good karma when I hit college. If not... well I guess I don't, I wouldn't be motivated to bother anyone with dumb little Jeff Hardy poems or pseudo-grungy songs. Heh... anyway my post count's even now, g'night Kotz (or should I call you Patrick? you [or anyone else for that matter] can call me Ed, I really don't mind and given that I plug my columns in my sig its not like I don't want anyone to know my real name ;))!

Guest Kotzenjunge

Call me any of the following:

Kotzenjunge

Kotz

Patrick

Spoon

The Spoon

There you go, everyone! Acceptable names to call someone who is THE MAN according to Mr. Ed here.

Fo sheez,

All of the above.

Guest J*ingus

Evenflow, you have no idea how much I empathize with what you just said.

And my name is Bryan. G'night, all.

I think your thread is pretty bitchin'. They really oughta name that rabbit. We had a rabbit once and couldn't think up a name for him, so we just called him Mr. Rabbit. He died after about six weeks of no one feeding him.

I can see why that hasn't happened to the cartoon rabbit, though.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Stuff evened out for me(socially) my Senior year of High School. Believe me, you'll hit the good times soon, you're just a few months younger than I.

As for you other people, you must have a lot of that bad stuff built up.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I'm in college now, and here's how I got through high school.

If something boring is happening, go to sleep.

I slept all fuckin day.

And the social thing is no big deal. Just find people like you and hang out with them. If you think there is no one else like you, you are deaf, dumb, and retarded. Happy Hunting!