TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Yugoslavia beats the US 81-78

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

But Again, I dont care. All I care about is the fact that Jeff Garcia is killing me fantasy point wise tonight..

Guest steelbell97

This team was did not have many of the top players like in the past.

No...Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Webber, Kidd, Marbury, Carter, Stackhouse, McGrady, Malone, etc.

This team barely got to practice together or play together before this tournament like the European countries and the USA-NBA teams in 1992, 1994, and 1996. Get the college players back into so they can practice together and have some pre-tournament games. The NBA season ends in late June and most players want a couple of months off. I don't blame them.

The other countries have also closed the gap on the USA. Look at the influx of European players in the last 5 years.

Guest Will Scarlet

Well...it looks like those gold medal hopes are fast going down the toilet.

EDIT: Scratch that. The US cannot finish higher than fifth. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :lol: How did Yougoslavia and Argentina become so good at basketball anyway? They just do not seem like the kind of places that would be basketball powerhouses.

Guest treble charged

Again, it's better than losing to Angolla.

And Jeff Garcia ownz you, and you know it.

Guest steelbell97

Another thing I would like to add. USA had the best players but did not have the best TEAM. Yugoslavia and Argentina played together as a TEAM, USA did not. Little practice time before the tourny may have something to do with it but still how many of these Yugo. and Argent. players are good enough to play in the NBA? Maybe 4 on each team.

USA frontline played like shit in the two loses, outrebounded 40-29. What a disgrace.

Why the fuck didn't Karl go to Paul Pierce in the 4th period. Play Paul Pierce the entire game. If Pierce was not on this team the USA may have lost another game or two.

Time to bring back the college kids. They actually care.

Guest Will Scarlet

The US should be thankful now, as, since they are eliminated, they now get face such luminaries as Brazil, Spain, and Puerto Rico in the massive dogfight for 5th place. The sad part is that teams like Spain or Puerto Rico could very well pull a huge upset of the US, if the US continues to play sluggishly. I personally would laugh my ass off if the US blew a game against Puerto Rico.

And, oh yeah, GO NEW ZEALAND! :D

Guest Youth N Asia
Time to bring back the college kids. They actually care.

Darn tootin! That's the way it should have been for the last decade

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Bwahahahaha....

I was watching the best darn sports show and John Salley (I think) was going on about how the U.S. would still bring home the gold...

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Bringing in college kids would be a bad idea since all the other countries use their professional players. Shit, using college b-ball players now would be tandamount to bending over and taking it up the ass from the rest of the world.

I say they should do tryouts for NBA guys who WANT to play for Team USA. The team this year didn't really give a shit and that's really what the problem is. Hold an open tryout for all NBA players and then get 12 guys you know WANT to play.

Guest Leena

I don't see how college kids would care more than pro players, it would still be a group of all-stars who will see this as easy exhibition games. The only difference is they haven't gotten their millions yet.

USA won't finish better than 5th. Wow. That's just pathetic.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

I don't see how college kids would care more than pro players, it would still be a group of all-stars who will see this as easy exhibition games. The only difference is they haven't gotten their millions yet.

Well, that's how it used to be, and it seemed like the college all-stars would trot out there and give a crap about not only this, but the Olympics too. To me, it doesn't matter either way, as long as the players wanna be there. The only people that seemed to shwo up durig this tourney were Paul Pierce and Michael Finley.

I was watching the best darn sports show and John Salley (I think) was going on about how the U.S. would still bring home the gold...

So YOU'RE that guy who watches Best Damn Sports Show. Wow, I was wondering who that was.

The US should be thankful now, as, since they are eliminated, they now get face such luminaries as Brazil, Spain, and Puerto Rico in the massive dogfight for 5th place.

Spain'll get 5th place. NOBODY seems to have an answer for Pau Gasol right now.

Another thing I would like to add. USA had the best players but did not have the best TEAM. Yugoslavia and Argentina played together as a TEAM, USA did not. Little practice time before the tourny may have something to do with it but still how many of these Yugo. and Argent. players are good enough to play in the NBA? Maybe 4 on each team.

Probably more than that on the Yugoslavian team. They've got four NBA regulars in their lineup, and their fifth starter could play if he wanted to. As for Argentina, theymight not have the talent, but they had the system and the game plan to get by the US. What do you do to a high-scoring, energetic young team? Clutch, grab, slow the offense down, don't turn the ball over. That's what they did, and that's why they won.

LUNATIC

- Pimpin' ho's and clockin' a grip like my name was Dolemite.

Guest Ripper

Ok, its one thing to be amuzed by them losing (which is weird to me but what ever floats your boat) but saying that those guys weren't trying to win is ridiculous. They LOST because the other teams out played them..there was no lack of heart, no lack of caring. Those guys were playing hard, some of them hurt(Miller) and came up short.