TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

The one and only FWA: British Uprising thread

I thought i would start a thread for the new FWA: British Uprising PPV!

The show takes place at York Hall, Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green, London E2 on Sunday the 13th of October

The card so far is as follows:

*FWA Title Ladder Match: Jody Flesich vs Flash Barker

*Doug Williams vs Jerry Lynn (former ECW World Champ and WWE Cruiserweight Champ)

*Hardcore Rules: Ulf Herman vs Balls Mahoney (former ECW Tag Team Champ)

*FWA Tag Title Match: The Pitbulls vs The New Breed

Plus Ulf Herman, Nikita, Wonderkid Jonny Storm and many more stars of the FWA

Ticket prices are as follows:

Tickets from International Promotions: 01920 485328

Tickets (Floor):

Gold Ringside (Sold Out)

Silver Ringside £35 (second row plus photo with superstar);

Bronze Ringside £25 (third row); Floor £20, Standing £10

Tickets (Balcony) :

Gold Balcony £40 (includes photo with superstar and limited edition t-shirt)

Rest of Balcony £15, £20, £25

Personally, i have never been to an FWA event, but my interest in this show has been steadily increasing over the last few weeks. Does anyone know if the show will be on Portsmouth TV? If so, will anyone be able to capture it and get it online for d/l? Unfortunately, i do not live in Portsmouth, so i will not be able to see it.

Any views, thoughts or popinions on the show? Post them here?

Plus how many of you are going? Have you been to an FWA event beofre? And are they worth the (seemingly expensive) tickect price?

ChUnK!

Guest BionicRedneck

Its not for a month so why make the thread now?

FWA is not especially good. Certain members of the FWA go on the radio and so forth and sell it like its the best thing since sliced bread, but its not the case.

Jody/Flash will be a crazy stunt/spot fest (which I don't really like). Ulf/Balls will suck. Lynn/Williams should be very good however. I hear they are trying to get Juventud over to wrestle Storm.

It certainly won't be a PPV, but it will probably be shown on TV a few weeks later. If you miss it, I doubt you will miss that much.

right, i thought it a bit strange that someone from outside the uk would have heard of the fwa promotion. Do you live in or near Portsmouth? I was just wondering because i heard that the FWA is broadcast on Portsmouth local TV.

cheers

ChUnK!

Guest BionicRedneck

I live the other end of the country from Portsmouth.

I dunno about the TV, try goin to their official website. StrongStyleTapes is the official distributer of FWA tapes, so they will have it in a few months I would think

Revival (which was FWA last event of this size) was shown on Bravo, on Sky.

Guest BionicRedneck

It was a good show (overrated by some). The Eddie Guerrero/Doug Williams match was really, really good an the best match of the night. Williams/Fleisch was good too. Alex Shane/Scott Parker had an entertaining brawl. Johnny Storm and Jody Fleisch had the usual stuntfest. Ulf Herman/Grandmasta Sexay was watchable enough. Fleisch/MacDonald absolutely sucked, and thats all I can remember.

eddie gurrero and gm sexay? wow, im impressed with those names? was it when eddie was coming back from rehab then?

ive heard they had chris harvard for a little while aswell? Did he wrestle on any shows with them?

Whats their best show to date then (i.e. if i where to buy a tape - which would be the best on to buy)?

seen as you seem to be the resident FWA Smark, lol :-)

ChUnK!

Guest BionicRedneck

Actually, I don't know that much about FWA. The only show I have seen was Revival, as it was on TV. I believe Nowinski wrestled in the FWA not long after Tough Enough I took place, I think he wrestled under the name Chris Harvard.

right-o! it sucks that we dont get more british wrestling on tv. (well any actually lol).

talking of tough enough, we never go that over here either did we. (past the 1st series i mean! - there on series 3 in the states arnt they! :angry: )

ChUnK!

Guest The Son of Sting

The prices are a bit high. £25 for a decent ticket? How big is the arena?

(as i said above) i was thinking the same thing. Im not sure on the size of the arena as ive never attended before. The thing is, being in the UK, you dont have a lot of choice when it comes to live shows.

ChUnK!

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I've been to 3 FWA shows (well, WrestleZpress was mainly FWA stars) - very good wrestling the majority of the time. Best matches I've seen were Johnny Storm v Jody Fleisch TLC (MOTY 2001), and Doug Williams v Chris Daniels (amazing match).

My friends are into it now as well, and were all looking to go to Bethnal Green in a few weeks. If you can go, do it - its well worthwhile. I've not seen FWA TV as I live in Ipswich.

Of course, nothing will ever beat the FWA show we went to the day after SummerSlam when a 12year old kid took a chair shot accidently and ended up with what can only be described as a golf ball bump on his head after waking up from being knocked out.

Guest Last Warrior

If you have any questions about British Uprising or the FWA in general then direct them to me. I know a lot about the british wrestling scene and I write the majority of the FWA reports for the Sun Online website (Which can be found here). I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the show.

Guest kebab
FWA is not especially good. Certain members of the FWA go on the radio and so forth and sell it like its the best thing since sliced bread, but its not the case.

Actually, I don't know that much about FWA. The only show I have seen was Revival, as it was on TV.

Isn't this a contradiction ?

I've seen 2 full shows and their first 12 weeks of TV, and I think it's pretty crap. As you say, they go on and on about how great they are, which is nowhere near the truth.

Guest Last Warrior

All I will say is that I have been going to FWA events for over a year now and have never been to a bad show. Sure some shows have been below the quality of others but there has always been at least two matches per show that are worth the admission price and there are usually more than two. If you have yet to see the FWA in action then Istrongly suggest that you try and get to the next show in Bethnal Green, London. This is called "British Uprising" and I can pretty much asure you that you will rate it as high as any ring of honour, NWA:TNA or even WWE show that you have seen this year. I appreciate that this is a huge show for them and that they will probably be pulling out all the stops, but if you go any of thir shows you will see how good they are.

Any criticism is that they have around four really good workers and that they carry the promotion. I assume that the five they are talking about are Doug Williams, Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm and Flash Barker. Granted that these are four extremely talented wrestlers and they would be four of the top wrestlers in any promotion that you put them in. But to say that they are all the fwa have to offer is completely wrong. There is a lot of young talent that continue to put on very entertaining matches. I am talking about people such as Jack Xavier, James Tighe, Mark Sloan, Scott Parker, The New Breed (two members), The Family (four members), Zebra Kid, Hade Vanson, Robbie Brookside and many more besides. There are ven rookies such as Paul Birchall who look set to make a huge impact when they finally debut. They even have tworeal good women's wrestlers in Nikita and sweet saraya, and before any comes one here insulting me for calling nikita a good wrestler after her match at revival, if you watch one of here recent matches you will see how far she has progressed.

I am not completely blinkered and if something is bad then I will not say it is goos just to keep up the FWA's increasingly glowing image. To those of you have seen the FWA and don't like it, I would question how much of it you have seen and urge you to check out some of their recent shows or upcoming shows. To those of you who have not seen any of the FWA, then give it a go. Get to a show if you can. You will not be dissapointed.

British Uprising takes place on October the 13th at the York Hall in Bethnal green in London. You can find all details at their official website.

I am not an FWA employee, I have no benefits to come out of the FWA doing well, I am just a wrestling fan who hugely enjoys this promotion.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Does anyone know if there are any Jody Fleisch matches on the net? I've heard so much about him. And am to cheap to buy tapes unless I know it'll be worth it.

Guest RickyChosyu

I really like what I've seen of Williams, which is admitely limited. However, he shows a really insane amount potential for his experience levle, and I might consider getting the Revival just for the Guererro match.

Fleisch is ok, from what I've seen, with lots of great spots but little holding them together. Keep in mind, I'm basing this off my some-what limited viewing of him in his stints with Michinoku Pro, but he just seemed like another Daniels to me. The Spaceman SSP, the Phoenix DDT and Wakka Wakka Moonsault are just sooooo indy sleaze, though. Can't help but love 'em.

Guest kebab
However, he shows a really insane amount potential for his experience levle, and I might consider getting the Revival just for the Guererro match.

He's been wrestling since 94/95, so his experience isn't exactly limited.

Guest Rob Edwards

It should be a good show, Williams/Lynn has huge potential and aswell as the matches listed above Robbie Brookside (who is an excellent performer without the look) and the useful Zebra Kid should be on the card. It should be a contender for the British card of the year

Guest RickyChosyu
However, he shows a really insane amount potential for his experience levle, and I might consider getting the Revival just for the Guererro match.

He's been wrestling since 94/95, so his experience isn't exactly limited.

Even so, he has a great aura and precision in the ring that make him seem experienced beyond his years. Yeah.

does anyone have any FWA tapes that they are willing to trade? Im talking of the stuff thats only available to ppl with portsmouth TV (and the bravo show)

I know you can buy them at strong style tapes (before some one says that" but

a) Im reluctant to buy something i has seen nothing of before, and

b) Ive been hearing bad things about Strong style tapes recently.

I have a about 50 wwe tapes (small-ish collection i know) but i am willing to trade all i have.

If you do have any tapes, then PM and ill send you a list of what i have.

Cheers

ChUnK!

update: I hear that the gold ringside setas have all sold out for this event now.

It has been said that you are advised to book tickets instead of turning up on the night (in order to avoid disappointment).

ChUnK!

Guest FWA Fan

FWA is one of my favourite promotions, as you can say. I would reccomend going to British Uprising, I got my tickets at Hotwired and hope that it will be a great show. :headbang:

ive never been to an fwa event my self, i must admit that although im very interested to see what its like, the tickets seem a little over priced to me.

ChUnK!

Jonny Storm is still without an opponent for British Uprising, so does anyone have any ideas on who it will be?

Bearing in mind that Balls Mahoney and Jerry Lynn have allready signed for the show, the following names have been mentioned for the match:

Super Crazy

Masato Tanaka

Low Ki

Sean Waltman

Brian Lawler/Grand masta Sexay

or a number of other guys that i can think of at the moment LOL

So who do you all think it will be?

ChUnK!

Guest Last Warrior

I can officially confirm that Jonny Storm's opponent will not be Sean Waltman. He is on a tour of Japan when the show takes place. The FWA did make enquiries about bringing him over as he holds quite a bit of name value but it is a no go. My sources tell me that it is also extremely unlikely to be Low'Ki. I have a good idea about who it will be, but do not want toruin it for anyone. Listen to talksport this saturday night 20:00-22:00 (british time) to hopefully hear them announce who it will be. if you live in america and want to hear the show (give it a try) you can listen to it via the website.