TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

The one and only FWA: British Uprising thread

Guest MideonMark

Was just listening to TalkWrestling. AJ Styles was on the phone and has been confirmed as the opponent for Jonny Storm. Should be a great match

I listned to the show, its good news i think. I would have liked to have seen Ron Killings over here though :( They say hes eager though, so we may see him after all.

The AJ Styles announcement pushed me to buying tickets for the event. SO i bought my tickets this morning :D Im really looking forward to the show, i got 3rd row standing for £10

Il post the new card soon, unless someone else wants to do it.

Does anyone have any predictions or opinions on the card? Post them here!

ChUnK!

Guest Last Warrior

AJ Styles should be a good opponent for Jonny Storm. Their styles should compliment each other well. I get the feeling that the FWA will ask them to do a spotty match rather than a more mat based match with spots. If you know what I mean. Little bit of a shame but I hope I am wrong. The Card at the moment is as follows.

Jody Flesich vs Flash Barker (FWA Title)

-Very exciting match. With these two you are almost guarenteed a good finale to the show.

Doug Williams vs Jerry Lynn

-A smart marks dream. Two of the all round best wrestlers in the world today and will almost certainly be a MOTYC.

Jonny Storm Vs AJ Styles

-See above for my thoughts on this match

Hardcore Rules: Ulf Herman vs Balls Mahoney

-Will do exactly what it says on the tin. A solid hardcore brawl that should be very entertaining. it wil be interesting to see how far the FWA let these two go. Could be brutal if they let them do whatever they like.

FWA Tag Title Match: The Pitbulls vs The New Breed

-I am not a fan of the pitbulls or the new breed really. The main aim of this match will be to keep it short and lt the new breed hit all their trademark spots to keep the fans happy.

Drew McDonald vs Robbie Brookside - (TWA sanctioned)

An old schol british match. Dont quite know what to make of this one. Brookside is a very good wrestler and McDonald has been improving as of late. Should be quite good.

Hade Vanson Vs Zebra Kid (FWA All-England Title)

-Two extremely promising rookies. I am really looking forward to this match. It should be very entertaining.

Nikita vs Paul Travell

-A rematch from the hotwired show. Paul Travell is one of themost underrated workers in the FWA and Nikita has come on leaps and bounds since Revival and so we should be a very entertaining match.

James Tighe VS Rajah Ghosh VS Jack Xavier

-Not really big names these three but all are good wreslters. I have never been that impressed with rajah ghosh but I am assured he is getting a lot better. Tighe is a superb technical wrestler and Jack Xavier is one of the rising stars of the FWA. Should be another good match and proabably an excellent start tothe show.

This is shaping up to be a very good card and should be great night.

thanks for posting the card curry man, at least 1 other person in the forum is interested in FWA lol :D . I think its pretty safe to say that us english are in the minority here :D

I decided to just go for it and get tickets to the show, so ill be at British Uprising. Im really looking forward to it in a big way now :D

Do you know if anymore matches will be added to the card, and if alex shane will be wrestling or just present (i know he broke his neck, so i was just wondering if he is fit enough to wrestle yet).

Also, do you know if the no piledrivers rule has been lifted for the Lynn match, and also how far do you think that herman/mahoney match will go in terms of "hardcore"?

cheers

ChUnK!

Guest MideonMark

The piledriver is legal in the Lynn/Williams match and the Brokside/McDonald match

cheers mideon mark, the match is sure to be better if we know that lynn can use his full offence.

does anyone have any preditions for the show.

I cant really comment as it will be my first fwa show. I would have thought that the americans would lose though, as it will help get the fwa talent over, but will never be seen in the us, so the americans have little to gain.

I hear that the main event is a re-match aswell, so i would have thought that Jody would win. Similarly, i would have thought Nikita would win, for the same reason. I could be completely wrong though lol :D

ChUnK!

Guest Last Warrior

PREDICTIONS:

Jody Flesich vs Flash Barker (FWA Title)

-Jody

Doug Williams vs Jerry Lynn

-Doug

Jonny Storm Vs AJ Styles

-Jonny

Hardcore Rules: Ulf Herman vs Balls Mahoney

-Ulf

FWA Tag Title Match: The Pitbulls vs The New Breed

-New Breed

Drew McDonald vs Robbie Brookside - (TWA sanctioned)

-Brookside

Hade Vanson Vs Zebra Kid (FWA All-England Title)

-Zebra

Nikita vs Paul Travell

-Nikita

James Tighe VS Rajah Ghosh VS Jack Xavier

-Love to see james tighe win this but i think it will be jack xavier.

Some of these matches are just awful to predict nd cold really go either way. The only slight worry that I have is that the FWA might continue to simply push the people that are already popular and hae name recognition. i thought one of the main points of the show was to highlight all the talent that they have available to them. But I guess that is why they added the last three matches to the card.

my predictions are the same as yours, even though i have little to know knowledge of the fwa. Am i right in thinking that the home talent will always go over the americans? It seems sensible to me as the Americans really have little to gain, but the home talent could get a good deal over from a win over the american "superstars".

ChUnK!

Guest Last Warrior

In my opinion it seems likely that they will put the americans over because this is a show to highlight what british wrestling has to offer and so why have one of your guys lose to a foreign worker. The other matches are genuinely difficult to call though and could really go either way.

I can't believe that today is sunday and it is only 7 days until uprising. I haven't even got my tickets yet!. It seems like there are only two people on these forums interested in vritish wrestling. I am just curious, is there anyone else on this board who is going to uprising or goes to fwa shows.

Guest FWA Fan

Also been confirmed is Christopher Daniels for London Calling.

I think Jodie will win as he and Daniels could put on a classic match, also if Jodie wins then I think the Old School will gradually fall apart and that will mean some new storylines as the Old School storyline has been going for a year. Also can not wait for Doug vs Jerry and am looking forward to Storm vs Styles. Also will Paul Burchill continue his reign of terror.

Guest FWA Fan

I absolutely love the FWA, I have my tickets for Uprising and for the show after (London Calling) I also post on the FWA fan Forum as Heyyyyyy.

If you want any news, views or just to have a laugh then go to

www.frontierwrestling.com

Guest Andy

I'm a big FWA fan, and British Uprising will be my fourth show.

I can see the British wrestlers going over (Doug is huge in the US indy scene anyway, after being in the four-way at RoH no. 5).

If Chris Daniels is at the next Walthamstow event, I'm definitely going.

Thanks,

Andy

I'm a big FWA fan, and British Uprising will be my fourth show.

I can see the British wrestlers going over (Doug is huge in the US indy scene anyway, after being in the four-way at RoH no. 5).

If Chris Daniels is at the next Walthamstow event, I'm definitely going.

Thanks,

Andy

do you have any FWA tapes that you would be willing to trade with me. In particular i am looking for the revival show that they had on Bravo TV! BUt i dont want to pay a lot of money for it as it was on tv for free lol :D

Thanks

ChUnK!