TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DGenr8n X

Dr. Tom and bps21 (Directed to Dames)

Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion

He got banned because of some bullshit comment in the WWE folder.

Bastard... :angry:

Guest Kotzenjunge

(sings the "Hong Kong Phooey" theme song whenever he sees an Alfdogg post)

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion
I hope that George Bush makes a speech and cuts off Smackdown because I feel so bad for anybody who is actually going to watch that Billy and Chuck bullcrap. George Bush is the President of the US and I would much rather see him then some fags who should die of ass cancer.

Guest DrTom
Dr. Tom isn't that bad, just a little pretentious in his posts. I mean, borrowing quotes from Associate Justice Stewart Potter?

im sory im so litterut adn no so mucch

I'd just like to clarify that I am DEFINITELY Steve Austin in this two-man power trip. BPS will have to be the one who poses and spits the water. :P

Dr. Tom isn't that bad, just a little pretentious in his posts. I mean, borrowing quotes from Associate Justice Stewart Potter?

im sory im so litterut adn no so mucch

I'd just like to clarify that I am DEFINITELY Steve Austin in this two-man power trip. BPS will have to be the one who poses and spits the water. :P

Bps as HHH?

that's sorta like casting Eminem as Moby in 'The Moby Story', isn't it?

Guest DrTom

No, Austin was the one who did all the cool heel things, while HHH posed, spat water, and tore his quad.

Is it just me, or are these guys just a *tad* overbearing? I'm surprised that Dames would pick people like Dr. Tom and bps21 to moderate the board, considering that he's a down-to-earth kinda guy.

But bps21 seems to have a major chip on his shoulder. I've been watching this board since July, and I'm really surprised at how he treats the members of this board. Every reply just screams, "I am better than you, I am smarter than you, I am a mighty moderator, so shut up."

I am all for the removal of trolls like Smarkzone, but the controversy over the infamous Ultimate Warrior thread kinda disturbs me.

I mean, I'm a long-time Ultimate Warrior mark, I have the Warrior in my sig...am I gonna be banned just for having non-smark tastes? Am I gonna be banned if I start a thread about the Ultimate Warrior?

I don't think that this board is "hypocritical" or "corrupt"...but I think that the moderators are getting a bit out of control.

Dames, you seem like a really cool guy, but on the other hand...it seems like the inmates are running the asylum.

You said to talk to you if anybody has any problems with the moderation, so I want to know where you stand on this issue. Maybe the board should vote for moderators?

Well, seeing how this thread was directed at me, it is now my turn to reply.

For the record, I usually get on at night and I just saw this thread and I'll answer all of your questions now.

When I came on board, I decided that instead of throwing the board into upheaval by discharging all of the old mods, I didn't see a problem with any of them so I wanted to keep them all on board. As a matter of fact, BPS was one of the mods that was chosen by the board in an election of sorts before I got here.

BPS has posted the same way he always has, moderator or not, so I don't think he's developed a sudden "chip on his shoulder" as you called it. I've never seen him abuse his mod privledges and as long as he continues modding the way he has, I don't have any problems with him whatsoever.

As for the Ultimate Warrior situation, I'll be pretty much reciting the same thing everyone else has said. He wasn't banned for the post, but rather because it was discovered that the poster had already been banned SIX TIMES and keeps trying to come back. If you like the Warrior and want to post about him, that's fine. Not everyone will agree, but it's not a bannable offense by any means.

As for the "inmates running the asylum", I am on the board every day and I try to stay aware of all of the situations. I have confidence in all of the mods and I only step in when I feel that there is something that needs to be clarified.

The mods ban on procedure and rules, not on personal preference, although trolls do get under everyone's skin.

If there's anything else, I'll be glad to answer it.

Dames

Guest Kinetic

What's the policy on gimmick posters? From what I can tell, it's not unlike The Gong Show where the unentertaining acts are gonged, but the entertaining ones are celebrated. I'm just sort of curious.

If that is the policy, it's pretty bitchin'.

In terms of gimmick posters, as long as they aren't breaking any rules, they can stay. However, if this place starts running around with too many of them, then something will have to be done about it.

Metal Ed is pretty bitchin'.

Dames

Guest Cerebus The Aardvark

Anglesault's rehashing of his Nu Blood gimmick broke the statute of limitations on repeating a gimmick less than a year after the previous time. If that made sense.

That said, bps is a glorified troll, Dr. Tom is my brother from another mother, Kotz rules for bringing a smile to my face with every post, Metal Ed is mildly amusing, Smarkzone is/was a fucking moron, and I am still better than Anglesault. Not that it's a difficult accomplishment.

That is all.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Sheesh, at least give me a mention for bringing smiles to the faces of all the straight male posters here.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I post like that because I am, in fact, better than you.

Dames is right, I have not changed my posting style from when I first joined the board. And I make no apoloies for it, unless I am wrong.

In which case I have issued apoligies for comments or attitude as recently as three friggin days ago to BDub.

So...whatever.

Don't like it...don't come here.

Your comment is about me as a poster and not a mod...and being the poster that I have been put me in the position of a mod.

So...don't like it, don't read it.

I generally don't read your posts, bps...largely because we don't post in the same threads very often.

I stated before you ever became a mod anywhere that I felt you were merely a glorified troll. Additionally, I never said you changed your "posting style"; it's been the same paragraph break for one sentence (or fragment) for as long as I can recall. Maybe you're like good old Choken One, and feel the need to have a distinctive "style" that is different from anyone else so maybe more people will read your posts. No clue. But if being a mod on a message board is really that big of a deal to you, well, more power to you. As it is, you're still a glorified troll to me.

However...

If posting like this...

Makes you better than anyone...

In your mind...

Then by all means...

Don't let anyone tell you...

Otherwise...

Fight the good fight, bps...!!!!

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I was replying to the original post and that poster beleif that I have a gruff attitude with everyone.

I didn't even read your post.

OMG I'M SO SORRY MR. BPS!

PLEASE DON'T SKIP MY POSTS!

I'LL DO ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO READ THEM!

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!!

Your reply could have been taken as a response to either, really.

Just saying.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That was a little overboard.

I simply stated the fact that it was in reply to the first post, and not yours, which I didn't see.

Why do people think I have such a high opinion of myself?

I don't abuse power, I don't walk around saying "Hey I'm a moderator on a message board"

I come here, I post, hand out custom titles and take care of problems when they pop up.

that's it.

But people have this perception of me anyway.

I haven't cared before...but now I just have to know...why?

Guest alfdogg

I just think it stems off of all the anti-HHHate bias that runs through this board.

I mean, you know I've wanted to be a mod for a while now, but since I'm a HHHater, no one will take me seriously.

It's fuckin' bullshit, but that's the way it is around here.

Guest BionicRedneck
Why do people think I have such a high opinion of myself?

Eh. Don't worry about it. As Bill Murray said in Groundhog Day:"People are idiots"

Guest Some Guy

::Makes accidental eye contact with BPS and begs not to be banned by the most oppressive Mod in the history of Message Boards:: :)

This is really stupid. There area million other boards to post at, if BPS or Tom or Dames or whoever really bothers you go find another board to post at where they don't have power. It's really easy, actually.

In fact there are 2 links in my sig to boards where none of them have any power.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Well...if the HHHating has anything to do with it...people need to move on.

All my recent posts about HHH were about his improvement, and I even said I didn't care if he beat my guy at the ppv...because he did as much if not more to make RVD look like a player a week ago than anyone.

I always said that once he stepped up in the ring, I would lay off.

And I have.

So I hope it's something else.

Guest BionicRedneck

I disagree with people saying if you don't like Bps then leave. I mean what if someone likes everyone else on the board except Bps? I would say if you don't like it shut the fuck up coz there is not much you can do about it.

:headbang: