TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dmann2000

2002 MTV Best Video Award

Guest Dmann2000

I know it's 11 months away but I think Keep Fishin will at least be one of the nominees next year

Guest swan

By the time next year roles around it will be forgotten. Trends on MTV change every few months. Whatever is hot at the time will get the nominee's. But honestly, it's the MTV awards. Totally worthless. Based on teenybopper trends and not the music.

Guest Incandenza
I know it's 11 months away but I think Keep Fishin will at least be one of the nominees next year

I fail to see why this merits a thread. And swan's right; one year from now, disco polka could be all the rage, and it'll be disco polka dominating the MTV awards.

Guest treble charged
I fail to see why this merits a thread. And swan's right; one year from now, disco polka could be all the rage, and it'll be disco polka dominating the MTV awards.

One can only hope...

Guest Kotzenjunge

Hey, I HOPE FOR THAT!!!!

Anyways, I consider "Cleaning Out my Closet" an early contender, as well as whatever Kylie's video is for "Come Into my World." Hasn't been released yet, but I know it'll be AWESOME, not to mention Sophie Ellis Bextor's video for "Music Gets the Best of me," which is going to start filming in November. If it's got Kylie or Sophie in it, it's GOLD.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest mesepher

Pearl Jam is the only band to actually know the value of the MTV awards... they received one once, went on stage.. Ed commented that 'this award really means nothing to us' then trashed the award later that night and sent it back to MTV.

Guest redbaron51

and they were probably one of the last good bands to actually receive an award that was good.