Make him one of America's best

He'll be a man they'll test one day

Have him win the Green Beret

Guest hardyz1

What I got you gotta give it to your mama

What I got you gotta give it to your papa

What I got you gotta give it to your dog

Til you do a little dance and then you drink a little water

OK, so that's not an appropriate song. All the good ones were taken.

I still get a little misty when I hear "God Bless the USA".

Hey, that don't make me gay, does it? (Dom Irrera reference)

Guest Retro Rob
What I got you gotta give it to your mama

What I got you gotta give it to your papa

What I got you gotta give it to your dog

Til you do a little dance and then you drink a little water

OK, so that's not an appropriate song. All the good ones were taken.

Hey, I like it.

:headbang:

Guest fk teale
"Heals and calms?" That's the last thing we need. We're too calm. We shouldn't be looking for "closure." We should have radical Moslems in our gunsights, and every time one says "Death to America," we should pull a trigger.

That's how you honour the memory of the dead.

That post doesn't belong in this thread.

Going way out on a limb here, but I'd guess Marney has a better idea of what belongs in a thread that she started than you do.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

"Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind." -- John F. Kennedy

Guest Cancer Marney
Like FK Teale noted, I started this thread, and I'll decide what belongs in it. And I'll decide what doesn't belong in it. Let's start, unsurprisingly, with a snotty comment by Chris:
Awhhhh....you all remind me of little kids joyously singing the praises of Mother America in 3rd grade, or kids singing Bible songs in Sunday school. Rather quaint, and I guess a old hippee like me can get the guitar out and sing "Kumbaya"... that is the only faith you need, in each other. God bless all those affected by 9/11/01
That doesn't belong in this thread: juvenile mockery at expressions of sorrow, fellowship, and love. "Rather quaint?" I believe the correct and adequate response to this is "Fuck you." Prayers for the hijackers don't belong here either - although surely they were "affected" by 9/11. Still, I'm not at all surprised that cfici wants God to bless them. It's consistent with his so-called thinking.
it was about 'MONEY'... Many people hate me, many people say that I'm a anti-american. I still feel, and I will die with this feel that it was AMERICA that this these attacks... they just want to take over the fuel from those countries over there, and what is the best way then by war... the World Trade Center was attacked... but what part of the pentagon was 'attack'? And who was the highest ranking officer that got killed in those 'attack'? Seems too perfect? Why is it that the fourth plane didnt hit the white house? Because then things will just get out of hand... that's why the plane went down. You think that was enough reason to go after them talibans and take over their fuel? ...I'm sorry to say, but the US doing anything to get fuel isnt over... Am I a anti-american? I feel that I am not...I just speak what I feel...but this is coming from a person that went a little bit through it.
That really doesn't belong in this thread. It's obscene filth; suffering obviously imparts neither virtue nor intelligence.

Whoever this... person lost, he's a stupid, deluded, and yes, un-American fuckhead, and it disgusts me that people like him are still alive, wasting oxygen, while 3000 others aren't. I won't dignify his insane, slanderous accusations with any response other than my utter contempt.

Guest bob_barron

At 11:50 on 9.10.02 I was feeling fine and ready to go to bed.

But once the clock hit midnight I realised what today was and just got really emotional and couldn't sleep. I played America the Beautiful and said a lot of prayers.

I cried again at 8:46 and had moments of silences at 9:03, 9:37 and 9:59.

I talked to my parents who live in NY like five times today and just reflected on the last year while I played America the Beautiful all day.

Again- my prayers go out to all the families of the victims of 9.11.01 especially the family of Lt. Charles William Garbarini.

Guest DrTom

And to think I missed the second half of "Perfect Bo's" post. The first part was so boring, I just skipped the rest. Now I see I should've soldiered onward.

they just want to take over the fuel from those countries over there

Yes, because we all know Afghanistan is full of crude oil... The most available "resourse" they have is opium, and the last time I checked, that wasn't a fuel source for anything we use. Perhaps you can pass this nugget along to whatever crack baby you learned your farcical conspiracy theory from, so that he can integrate it into his next batch of insane ramblings.

I don't think you're deserving of hate. I think you're deserving of utter, naked contempt for such ridiculous, absolutely stupid ideas.

Guest Cancer Marney

"What our enemies have begun, we shall finish."

- President George W Bush

Ellis Island, 2101 EDT 9/11/02

Today I saw the Pentagon site for the seventeenth time, the Pennsylvania site for the first time, and the New York site for the fourth time. At least now the months-old fires at Ground Zero are finally gone. I didn't have to look at them, but I still had to feel them.

The flames may be gone from Ground Zero, but they didn't go out. They just grew colder as time passed, and they passed through my eyes and spread into my heart.

The hideous devastation, the shattering loss of life, the terror and the pain of that day - these things can never be erased. But they can and must be given meaning, and so they shall, as we take deliberate but decisive action to ensure that such things will never ever happen again.

As I gazed at the lady of Liberty Island tonight, I felt not only her sorrow sweep through me like a tide, but also her anger. She is a saviour, but she is also a guardian, a judge, and a deadly warrior. Some of those who dared to strike at her have learned already the extent of her lethal fury, and the inescapable reach of her power. In the days to come, others shall also.

For the earth groans under the weight of her grief, and her full extent of her vengeance shall make every star in heaven tremble. And we who live under her guidance and protection - we who owe so much to her love, and love her so much in turn - we must do all we can to support her just war against the wicked, even unto our final breaths.

For the thousands that perished in blood and fire and smoke and ashes, we can do no less.

Never forget. Never forgive.

God bless the United States of America. May He grant peace to her dead, solace to those they left behind, and honour to their memory.

"And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"

- Revelation 6:10

Guest Anorak
"Heals and calms?" That's the last thing we need. We're too calm. We shouldn't be looking for "closure." We should have radical Moslems in our gunsights, and every time one says "Death to America," we should pull a trigger.

That's how you honour the memory of the dead.

Going way out on a limb here, but I'd guess Marney has a better idea of what belongs in a thread that she started than you do.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb myself in thinking that particular post was uneccessary and inaproppriate.

This thread doesn't 'belong' to one person, especially someone who spits the dummy everytime somebody doesn't agree with them. I don't think all those religious references sit very easily with the kind of sentiments often expressed elsewhere on the folder by her as well. Maybe its just unknowing ignorance on her part but either way its equal parts ridiculous and offensive. I ruled out irony quite a while ago.

"This is MY thread and I'LL decide what goes in it!!!! (it might as well have been typed like that).

Could THIS be irony? Somehow I doubt it. How sad.

Even you managed to resort from your usual half page troll of random insults so it wouldn't have been asking too much for Marney to keep her usual militant rubbish quiet while the rest of us payed our own respects in a dignified manner.

Guest Perfect_Bo

The person that started this thread...you're right, you dont know me...but who the fuck gives you the right to dictate other people's opinions? What I said is what I felt about the American Government and how currupt it is...now, I know I shouldnt have put that in this thread, this is for remembering those who have past away, my friends...my friend's family and people who die in vain...and I apologized. But who the fuck do you think you're talking to, talking about that I'm a waste of breath? Bitch, I lived through that shit, I was around the area, I've seen the people going in the hospital, gasping for air, burnt, hurt, looking for love ones...I gave up my bed for those who needed it more, and, with a bullet wound and all, I walked my ass from that hospital to the Bronx.

You have no fuckin idea what I went through, what I saw, so shut the fuck up...Talking about that I'm anti-american...no, I'm pro-open minded...

You are not the president, you dont run shit...you're just like one of us, speaking what they feel, speaking what is going through their mind...

Now, I would say that you're actin like a child, but I'm too old to go down your level, so grow up and respect other people's opinion...

Now, Rest in Peace to the friends that I have lost and to the family of my friends...and to all the love ones that have passed away in vain...may god be with you...

Bo

Guest godthedog
Now, Rest in Peace to the friends that I have lost and to the family of my friends...and to all the love ones that have passed away in vain...may god be with you...

Bo

why couldn't THAT have been your first contribution to this thread, instead of "i hate the government"? i myself don't agree with honoring real people who died by proclaiming our love for ideas, but i chose not to start an argument about it, because this is not a thread for debate. it's a thread to honor the people that died.

Guest DragonflyKid

Don't kid yourself, all this "honoring the dead" is just a bunch of sulf-indulgent tripe. Just like funerals are for the living all those memorials held yesterday were nothing but self-pity parties. All the touching words in the world don't bring anyone back, they are sappy means to self-narcotization.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
"And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"

- Revelation 6:10

Question: was your post Bush's actual speech, Marney, or was that writing of your own?

I didn't have the television on much yesterday, and thus missed it. The Revelation quote just struck me as odd, if it was a part of the president's speech.

If your own, then hey, nevermind.

Guest fk teale
Even you managed to resort from your usual half page troll of random insults so it wouldn't have been asking too much for Marney to keep her usual militant rubbish quiet while the rest of us payed our own respects in a dignified manner.

If I've understood your point correctly (and I'll concede that I may not have, because I got kind of lost at phrases like "spits the dummy" and "managed to resort from"), I think we're in basic agreement: bringing up contentious foreign policy matters and personal disagreements in a thread commemorating last year's attack is, shall we say, somewhat uncouth.

That being the case, take a look back at the beginning of this thread, which Marney started by paying her own respects in a dignified manner. People responded in kind, and all was cozy and serene. Then FZM chimed in with his appeal for us all to commence with the calming and the relaxing and the dicks in the ass and such, which is precisely when everything began to swirl rapidly down the shitter, as tends to happen when he involves himself in a thread. Again, I'm cool with keeping political ideology out of a topic like this, but saying we should all roll over like calm, docile little sheep is just as much an advocation of policy as saying we should whip out the armalites and get on with the ass-kicking. Marney kept the latter to herself until Frank introduced the former. This leads me to two conclusions:

1) You're okay with the "usual militant rubbish", as long as it's your kind of militant rubbish.

2) You harbor some jewish internet vendetta against Marney and your forehead gets all flushed and lined and throbbing with ANGRY VEINS every time she posts.

FZM posted, Marney offered a rebuttal. Nobody said a particular policy didn't belong in the discussion until you came along. And now you're bitching out Marney for her dictatorship of the thread and unwitting hypocrisy? Jesus, you suck.

Guest godthedog
Don't kid yourself, all this "honoring the dead" is just a bunch of sulf-indulgent tripe. Just like funerals are for the living all those memorials held yesterday were nothing but self-pity parties. All the touching words in the world don't bring anyone back, they are sappy means to self-narcotization.

what's so self-indulgent about acknowledging that thousands of people died & acknowledging that it was horrible?

Guest DragonflyKid

I was just saying that memorials and such are for the benefit of those participating in them and not for those who's memories were supposedly being honored.

Guest Some Guy

what's so self-indulgent about acknowledging that thousands of people died & acknowledging that it was horrible?

Nothing.

He is obviously an unfeeling and uncaring piece of shit who can't grasp the concept of respect. Those who were murdered on 9/11, simply because they were American deserve no respect of honor according to him because that won't bring them back. Don't you think we realize that nothing will bring them back?

It's self serving of us to honor those who were murdered? How so? Because we care, perhaps? Because we love our country, may be?

Guest Cancer Marney
I was just saying that memorials and such are for the benefit of those participating in them and not for those who's memories were supposedly being honored.

Funerals and memorials have always been for the benefit of the living.

Guest Cancer Marney
while the rest of us payed [sic] our own respects in a dignified manner.
Like you're doing now?

Enough of this... let's get back into the proper spirit of things with the superb Marines' Hymn, which is both stirring and amusing, as it slaps two other branches of the armed forces right across the face. That always makes me laugh.

-------

From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli,

We fight our country's battles in the air, on land and sea.

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean;

We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine.

Our Flag's unfurled to every breeze from dawn to setting sun.

We have fought in every clime and place, where we could take a gun.

In the snow of far-off northern lands and in sunny tropic scenes,

You will find us always on the job, the United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps, which we are proud to serve.

In many a strife we've fought for life and never lost our nerve.

If the Army and the Navy ever look on heaven's scenes,

They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines.

-------

Anyone who wants to see my response to these cretins should read this thread in NHB. They can continue to spew their anti-American hatred here if they please, but I won't continue to answer it here.

Step outside, gentlemen.

Guest Cancer Marney
Question: was your post Bush's actual speech, Marney, or was that writing of your own?

I didn't have the television on much yesterday, and thus missed it.

The only part of the President's speech that I quoted was at the very beginning: "What our enemies have begun, we shall finish."

Everything that followed comprised my own feelings and reflections.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

This is a few days too late, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

"Long Road" by Pearl Jam:

And I wished for so long...cannot stay.

All the precious moments...cannot stay.

It's not like wings have fallen...cannot stay.

But still something's missing...cannot say.

Holding hands of daughters and sons,

And their faiths are falling down.

I have wished for so long...

How I wish for you today.

Will I walk the long road? Cannot stay...

There's no need to say goodbye...

All the friends and family.

All the memories going round.

I have wished for so long.

And the wind keeps rollin',

And the sky keeps turning gray.

And the sun is set...

The sun will rise another day.

Will I walk the long road?

We all walk the long road...

"I Am a Patriot" by Jackson Browne:

And the river opens for the righteous (5 times)

Someday

I was walking with my brother

And he wondered what's on my mind

I said what I believe in my soul

Ain't what I see with my eyes

And we can't turn our backs this time

I am a patriot

And I love my county

Because my country is all I know

I want to be with my family

The people who understand me

I've got nowhere else to go

And the river opens for the righteous

Someday

And I was talking with my sister

She looked so fine

I said, Baby, what's on your mind?

She said, I want to run like the lion

Released from the cages

Released from the rages

Burning in my heart tonight

And I ain't no communist

And I ain't no capitalist

And I ain't no socialist

And I ain't no imperialist

And I ain't no democrat

And I ain't no republican

I only know one party

And it is freedom

I am, I am, I am

I am a patriot

And I love my country

Because my county is all I know

Someday

And the river opens for the righteous...

Guest Cancer Marney

After the President's remarks yesterday, this old song from the Great War has been playing a lot here.

~

Over there, over there,

Send the word, send the word over there -

That the Yanks are coming,

The Yanks are coming,

The drums rum-tumming

Ev'rywhere.

So prepare, say a pray'r,

Send the word, send the word to beware.

We'll be over, we're coming over,

And we won't come back till it's over

Over there.

Johnnie, get your gun,

Get your gun, get your gun,

Take it on the run,

On the run, on the run.

Hear them calling, you and me,

Every son of liberty.

Hurry right away,

No delay, no delay,

Make your daddy glad

To have had such a lad.

Tell your sweetheart not pine,

To be proud her boy's in line.

Over there, over there,

The Yanks are coming,

The drums rum-tumming

Ev'rywhere.

Over there.

Johnnie, get your gun,

Get your gun, get your gun,

Johnnie show the Hun

Who's a son of a gun.

Hoist the flag and let her fly,

Yankee Doodle do or die.

Pack your little kit,

Show your grit, do your bit.

Yankee Doodle fill the ranks,

From the towns and the tanks.

Make your mother proud of you,

And the old Red, White and Blue.

Over there, over there,

The Yanks are coming,

The drums rum-tumming

Ev'rywhere.

Over there!

Guest HVilleThugg

Marney,

That's a real cock thing to say. I've known Bo a while now, and he's nothing but genuine in his belief and his life. You don't know what he's been through...and, unless you lived through the tragedy, in NYC like Bo, or in DC like me, you really have no right to say how people should feel or respond. I am sick and tired of people claiming a thread as their own and trying to cesnsor what goes in it. This is a forum for free speech and everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if you don't agree with it.

The things you said about Bo are completely uncalled for and very childish. You don't know what it was like on that day, and you don't know how it felt to watch it happen minutes from your house.

So, how about you shut the fuck up and let people say what they want to say.

Guest bob_barron

HVille-

Just because Bo lived through it or whatever doesn't make his opinions anymore valid or worth more then anyone's else.

He couldn't even back up what he said and didn't know what the fuck he was talking about. Fuel in Afghanistan??? Ummm yea okay-try again next time.

Guest Cancer Marney

Afghanistan does have some fuel, but nowhere near significant amounts. Its main resources are minerals and gemstones, neither of which we have any pressing need for.

Hell, we don't even have a pressing need for oil. The President has wisely forced the DoE to keep the SPR filled almost to capacity - about 600 out of 700 million barrels, last I checked.

Guest bob_barron
I never said his opinion matters any more than anyone else...however, you all are making it seem like his opinion matter LESS than everyone else's because he happens to be less than accurate on a few minute details.

Actually since he doesn't know what he's talking about his opinion does matter less.