TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

PS2 Online

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Is anyone here plugging in and playing the PS2 online?

I have become addicted to SOCOM online...

and I put Madden in every so often...to get my ass handed to me...

so...anyone else?

BPS, as someone who doesn't own any of the new generation of systems, do you think that the online gaming system is worth the purchase of a PS2? I know there's a way to play Halo online, so I was leaning more towards an xbox.

Dames

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Well....I have a shiny network adapter waiting for me at Babbages....but I haven't picked it up yet.....because well I don't have broadband....how am I supposed to play SOCOM?

Oh well is it true you get Twisted Metal Black Online for free?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Damaramu...you get Twisted Metal for the price of the stamp you need to send in for the free game.

Dames...I think the XBox vs. PS2 online thing comes is a tough call.

Right now I can play these games for free...and it won't be until more indepth rpgs come out for PS2 online (FF 11, Star Wars Galaxies) that they start charging for individual games.

X Box's plan is to pay a flat fee that will allow you onto the servers for all games.

If you have an XBox...I'd say wait for XBox live and get that...because if Xbox's are going to drop in price as I've read...PS2 inevitably will as well.

Sooner than later...it'll be too cheap to pass up.

Guest KoR Fungus

I'm not playing online because I still have dialup, and because there hasn't been anything compelling enough to make we want to buy a network adapter. That might change down the road, especially if SC2 conquest mode has some sort of online support. *Dreams of the possibilities...*

Using Gamespy and an Ethernet connection, you can play Halo online with up to 16 players RIGHT NOW....but me and my friend are too stupid to figure out how to get behind the damned firewall.

Dames