TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob Edwards

Ronaldo is an asshole

Guest Rob Edwards

Well I held off this a few days but it needs saying.

I know Ronaldo is the most talented player in the world and all but what he has done to Inter is disgusting. The team sticks by him through 4 years of injury troubles paying his (huge) pay packet for nothing in return and as soon as he's fit and on form he hides behind his agent who organises him a transfer to Real Madrid just so he can make more money (as if he didn't have enough already) I know you could say he's playing for a bigger club and you can't expect loyalty in soccer nowadays but still

What are your thoughts on the situation?

Guest Anorak

There's not a lot more I can add to what you said really. The whole thing pretty much sums up what's wrong with the modern game at the moment. Its an especially cruel blow to an Inter team who went so agonzingly close to the title last season and would have really fancied their chances both domestically and in the Champions League this coming season. It must make them sick that Ronaldo overcame the nagging doubts and lingering uncertainty about his overall game/fitness and establish himself as the world's most valuable player again just in time to dump them for Madrid.

Inter made enormous sacrifices to support him through the past few years and it has to leave a bitter taste in the mouth when he repays them by leaving so quickly and ungraciously. Players such as Vieri and Recoba, who took pay cuts to ease overbearing financial strain last season must be gutted their teammate, a player they and the rest of the club's staff have bent over backwards to support, couldn't wait to leave as soon as he was fully fit again. I'm not surprised by what has happened but I'm just a little bit more disheartened at how utterly cynical and greedy football has become from top to bottom.