TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

No mercy GLITCH! Is anyone genious enough to solve

on WWF no mercy (for n64), i think i have found a glitch that seems impossible to solve.

Play the european belt as the champion, and win every match. You will eventually get a first blood match againt Bradshaw in the pool hall.

The thing is, it is impossible to make him bleed. If you hit his head repeatedly against the wall, he will eventuallu do the animation as if he were going to bleed (i.e hold his head and falls over) but no blood appears and you cant win the match.

can anyone help?

Cheers

ChUnK!

I tried that one and no joy :-(

In one attempt at busting him open (and winning) i spent the first 10 minutes of the math ramming his head into walls, and the next ten minutes battering him with a chair (running attack), and he still didnt bust open.

There must be an answer to this (otherwise nobody would have been able to complete the game), however im buggered if i can find. He just will not bleed. I think its like the women in the game, he must be set to not bleed.

Maybe this is a programming error on the part of THQ, but as i say, that would mean that nobody would have been able to complete the game.

anyone else got any ideas?

ChUnK!

(Oh, i also tried resetting the game to get a different oponnent - as that often works - but due to the fact that the storyline is about a pool hall fight, you always get Bradshaw!)

Thanks for the help, thats a good idea, apart from the fact that i would have worked through this far for nothing (true its not a great deal of work) but it still a little annoying.

Plus the fact, that they would just give me Farooq, and i would have the same problem, LOL

ChUnK!

Guest permagrinning

I got down to the ring with him there and just kept using random moves that would cause a bleed. I think he's just a HOSS, a HOSS I tell you!

Guest evilhomer

Go to the Smackdown Mall and check Bradshaw's bleeding settings, if it's marked at never, then you'll have to go through as Bradshaw and bloody the substitute opponent. Otherwise, just make a CAW with a bunch of blood drawing moves. Also check your settings to make sure you have blood turned on. I'm not sure about NM but I remember with Revenge when you turned it off, they'd go through the motions, but no juice would spurt.

Blood matches are the most frustrating I find because you beat a guy half to death with a barbed wire 2x4 and it doesn't draw any, then a light punch to the head finally gets them going. I guess they just put a piece of programming in there to make it a totally random experience.

"permagrinning".. indeeeeed, he is a HOSS lol

I think the problem is that i have the PAL version of the game. I have recently (since posting) discovered, that there is no blood in the PAL version of the game.

If this is true, it completely sucks becuase why bother having a first blood mathc, if there is no blood in the game? It sounds stupid, but it wouldnt supprise me if THQ have done it.

I will test the theory with some weak guys (with blood sett to frequent) like you have suggested

thanks for the help

ChUnK!

Guest Mattdotcom

At least he doesn't, you know, rape you.

What? Somebody had to say it.

Guest The Czech Republic

I was using a created Chris Harvard in a match against Bradshaw and Bradshaw did a go-behind into the back-grapple position...and didn't do a move. He just stood behind me with his arms around my waist.

Guest Dr. Wrestlingphysics

The PAL version was released with a bug where the game saved, but at random times, you'd turn on the N64, and the game had re-set itself.

When the bug-free version was released, for some reason, bleeding was removed.

The first blood pool hall match isn't traditional first blood rules as you still need to pin to win after the bleeding, when I did it, I beat Bradshaw around the head with the pool cue until he did the bleeding motion (wiping nose, looking at hand, fainting) and then pinned him, and it worked.

Although there's no actual blood in the game, the bleeding motion seems to count.

Guest converge241

"At least he doesn't, you know, rape you."

lol

the baby oil on a pole match for the european title?

yeah you might not make him bleed, but hell make you :)

Guest NazMistry
The PAL version was released with a bug where the game saved, but at random times, you'd turn on the N64, and the game had re-set itself.

The first blood pool hall match isn't traditional first blood rules as you still need to pin to win after the bleeding, when I did it, I beat Bradshaw around the head with the pool cue until he did the bleeding motion (wiping nose, looking at hand, fainting) and then pinned him, and it worked.

Although there's no actual blood in the game, the bleeding motion seems to count.

The reason the blood got removed was because the original PAL versions with the bug were made from an original bugged copy in America.

When the new PAL versions were made they were made in Germany which has somewhat strict laws as it pertains to blood in entertainment.

For example, in Germany when a wrestler is bleeding on TV, the picture will go Black And White to censor the image somewhat.

Guest Si82

I've got an original PAL copy (with blood!) so does this explain why my entire game and all my CAW's were suddenly wiped when I was playing? Or I am I just unlucky as hell?

Guest NazMistry

I've got an original PAL copy (with blood!) so does this explain why my entire game and all my CAW's were suddenly wiped when I was playing? Or I am I just unlucky as hell?

Well you have a bugged copy so you are kinda lucky to have blood, but severely gutted to still posess a bugged version.

Guest Si82

Well you have a bugged copy so you are kinda lucky to have blood, but severely gutted to still posess a bugged version.

Too right!

I had a load of CAW's and my almost completed game. I've never really bothered to start the game over again. Maybe I will tonight. It must be crappy to have a newer (bug free) version with no blood. I suddenly feel the need to go and beat Bradshaw to a blood pulp. :boxing:

Guest NazMistry

Too right!

I had a load of CAW's and my almost completed game. I've never really bothered to start the game over again. Maybe I will tonight. It must be crappy to have a newer (bug free) version with no blood. I suddenly feel the need to go and beat Bradshaw to a blood pulp. :boxing:

Well at least I can save my progress.

No Blood is a big bummer though.

I remember loving WCW: World Tour because the wrestlers bled like a 1.0 muta everytime.

It can be a pain not having bleeding in first blood matches, or when fighting HHH, but, yes, I would rather save my game.

Before I stopped playing it properly, I got 100% on 4 belts and unlocked all the hidden characters. 3 Mick Foleys, what's the point when they are just clones with different clothes?!

does the blood look any good?

I originally had a bugged version, but i took it back and got a new one with no bugs.

I cant remember what the blood looked like though.

Ive never completed the game, because i would always have my game erased, and got tired of re-doing the same stuff again and again, so much, that when i got the new bug free version, i never really played the career mode that much. Well at least not until now anyway :D

ChUnK!

If you have a copy of Wrestlemania 2000, or one of the WCW N64 games, the blood looks the same as that (I can't remember offhand which of those games have/haven't got blood).

Guest permagrinning

eh, there's something to be said for making HHH bleed like a cow. I wouldn't pass that any day.