Guest Cancer Marney

Board Policy Question

Guest Flyboy
::Wants to see Marney and her girl in HLA:: :D

HEY, BUDDY!

Take a number! :D

*holds a piece of paper with the number "1" written on it by a marker*

Guest Some Guy

You're underage Flyboy, you should leave the viewing to the real men. Now step aside son.

:)

Guest Marshall
It's no different from blacks calling each other "nigger." White men can't ever do it, but it's fine between friends.

As far as I'm concerned, no one, black, white or whatever should use the word...but that's just me.

IMO, that is bullshit! It's just a word, anyone can say it. I don't believe any word should be censored. Its a matter of free speech, because as the end of the day it is just a word.

Guest Some Guy
-_-

Damn you!

*goes back to Kazaa to download 'educational movies'*

LOL, how's Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch doing these days youngster? :)

Davy, Papacite is black and if he and most other black people take offense to people saying "nigger" then it ceases to become just a word. It is a hurtful slur as are "spic", "guke", and whatever else. Out of respect for the other posters just don't use the word unless it is clear that it is meant to be a joke.

Guest Flyboy
Davy, Papacite is black and if he and most other black people take offense to people saying "nigger" then it ceases to become just a word. It is a hurtful slur as are "spic", "guke", and whatever else. Out of respect for the other posters just don't use the word unless it is clear that it is meant to be a joke.

Yeah... what Some Guy. Also, words like "cracker", "redneck", or "wet back" can also be hurtful to minorities, so keep that in mind, too.

Guest Some Guy

I've yet to meet a white person, myself included who takes offense to "cracker," "redneck" possibly but I don't care about those shit kicking hicks anyway. :P

Guest Marshall

I would never use the word to offend anyone.

I have a few black friends who use that word all the time, I hear it so often that it doesn't really mean anything to me.

Guest Retro Rob

The whole nigger vs. nigga debate is one of the things that boggles my mind, so I won't go into great detail because I'll definitely piss a few people off.

Guest papacita

First off, let me just make clear that my post was a response to Marney's saying that it's ok for blacks to say nigger but its wrong for white people to say it. While that's true with A LOT of black people, I was just trying to point out that it's not always the case, because personally, I take more offense to black people calling each other "nigga" than I do to whites saying "nigger", because the word is disrespect to our race and culture. That's the way that I was brought up, but at the same time, I'm not gonna throw a fit anytime someone says it. I hear the word enough to where it doesn't bother me. I don't use it (a lot) myself, and I'd rather no one use it, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm offended by it...but again, that's just me.

Guest Incandenza
I've yet to meet a white person, myself included who takes offense to "cracker," "redneck" possibly but I don't care about those shit kicking hicks anyway. :P

When I was in high school, an issue of our school's newspaper featured the use of the term "redneck." Someone complained, and they had to print an apology in the next issue. Some people are that sensitive.

Guest Marshall

I think all white people start calling each other "cracker"

"Cracker what!" "That Cracker owes me 5 bucks."

And so on and so forth.

Guest DrTom
I don't believe any word should be censored. Its a matter of free speech, because as the end of the day it is just a word.

Free speech doesn't exist on internet message boards. There is no First Amendment here. The board administrators are free to set up any words that should not be used, and any boundaries that should not be crossed.

I have no problems with the addition of gender-based epithets to the ban on those based on race or sexual orientation.

BTW, I think "Nigga please" is a really cool-sounding thing to say. :) I first heard it on Stern one morning (though I'm sure it didn't originate there (and, no, I don't regularly listen to Stern)), and it immediately caught on among me and my friends. We only bust it out occasionally these days, but it's obvious we don't mean anything by it, and just say it because it sounds spiffy.

Guest J*ingus
BTW, I think "Nigga please" is a really cool-sounding thing to say. :) I first heard it on Stern one morning (though I'm sure it didn't originate there (and, no, I don't regularly listen to Stern)), and it immediately caught on among me and my friends.

The first time I ever heard it was in the movie The Last Dragon, but it could very well go back earlier.

And SG, "guke"? What the hell is that?

Guest Retro Rob
I first heard it on Stern one morning (though I'm sure it didn't originate there (and, no, I don't regularly listen to Stern))

You say that as if there is something wrong with listening to Stern on a regular basis. :)

I think he means gook which is a racial slur towards Asian people I believe

That is correct.

Guest LooseCannon
BTW, I think "Nigga please" is a really cool-sounding thing to say. :) I first heard it on Stern one morning (though I'm sure it didn't originate there (and, no, I don't regularly listen to Stern)), and it immediately caught on among me and my friends. We only bust it out occasionally these days, but it's obvious we don't mean anything by it, and just say it because it sounds spiffy.

It is a cool sounding thing to say. My friends and I use to bandy that phrase around as well.

Guest Midnight Express83

First time I heard gook used on TV was Big Show last year. Which was not only funny because I was sure he would get fired, but sad because the guy has a lisp and was saying goofs that sounded like gooks.

As for the whole "nigga" and "nigger" issue, I am one to think that the word is wrong in both views because there is no difference. But i understand those who try to take the hate meaning out of it to make it less of a weapon. Even though I am black, I still fall with the way Boston Public did it last year. Because I agree with both sides.

Guest Some Guy
And SG, "guke"? What the hell is that?

Whoops! I misspelled a racial slur, somebody shoot me.

"Nigga Please" goes back a long way. Probably to at least the 70's during the Superfly and Shaft era. Maybe longer.

Guest Retro Rob
And SG, "guke"?  What the hell is that?

:firing:

Guest The Czech Republic

I remember Big Show having to defend himself after calling Kaientai "gooks"

Guest Some Guy
And SG, "guke"?  What the hell is that?

:firing:

I'd like to offer a belated thank you.

::Is dead::