TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve J. Rogers

Worst Series Finales of ALL TIME

Guest Steve J. Rogers

Note: This applies to series whoms final fates were in their OWN hands. The producers/cast/crew knew their time was at an end and went ahead with plans to end the series. Unlike shows that were left unfinished because of networks shutting down production on the spot, giving the show no chance to say "So long"

-Xena Warrior Princess

Seemed like they did a two-hour filler episode that would have made a great season premire/sweeps period two-hour episode/season finale with the next season premire being Gabby trying to get Xena back. No lose ends were mentioned, Xena and Gabby were the ONLY characters with multiple apperances on the show and therefore we were treated to a completely new story when they should have been wrapping up the one they had crafted for so long.

-Roseanne

I don't mind the fact that the reset button was used, but this was very Bobby Ewing of them to go off like that. Very dissapointing end to a dissapointing season

-Star Trek Voyager

Left with more questions than answers, and if they wanted to completely wipe out the future timeline, why spend SO much time in that time line, simple refrences would have sufficed. Also seemed very convienent to wipe out the Borg and have Voyager appear at Earth right as the episode was ending

Dames, is that pic from Godfather or Scarface?

Cuz both movies = Ratings.....yeah

You should be shot for even asking that question. Michael Corleone and Tony Montana don't even LOOK alike! *Ahem* Take a look at the scar on his face...

God Damn, I love Tony Montana.

Dames

Guest areacode212

NewsRadio - I've expressed my hatred of this episode in the NR thread already, but I'll summarize it here. The only good thing about seeing "New Hampshire" in syndication is the knowledge that they're about to start over with the first episode again. It's fairly unbelievable that EVERY character (save Matthew & Dave) would drop everything to leave NYC and follow Jimmy to New Hampshire, of all places. And it's sad to see the gang split up like that. Ugh

Star Trek: Voyager - Voyager, a series that had so much potential, but squandered it thanks to shitty writers, ended on an appropriately horrible note. I don't think it left me with more questions, but after 7 years of emotional investment into these characters and their voyage home, we deserved to see more of a homecoming than "Set a course for home" (or whatever it was). Yeah, I know it was also the final line of the first episode, but it still sucks.

Can't think of anything else at the moment...

Guest razazteca

Xena since it is the only one on the list that I have seen. set in the future with the spirits in different bodies, what was up with that? Did GLAAD petition to have the show end like this or what?

Guest MDH257
NewsRadio - I've expressed my hatred of this episode in the NR thread already, but I'll summarize it here. The only good thing about seeing "New Hampshire" in syndication is the knowledge that they're about to start over with the first episode again. It's fairly unbelievable that EVERY character (save Matthew & Dave) would drop everything to leave NYC and follow Jimmy to New Hampshire, of all places. And it's sad to see the gang split up like that. Ugh

They didn't know if they were being canceled or renewed when they filmed it. It was made to work in 2 ways: if they were canceled- then it was the final episode, if they were renewed- they fully intended to have the next season take place in New Hampshire.

It was the producer's angry reaction to a comment from an NBC executive. Something along the lines of "We've got too many shows set in an office building in New York".

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

My favorite part of Scarface was when the Cuban guy was yelling at Tony Montana for fucking up the hit they were supposed to do. "I told you a long time ago you FUCKING LITLLE MONKEY NOT TO FUCK ME!" I was thinking about saying that to a girl at work who had been stealing sales from me.

Guest areacode212

They didn't know if they were being canceled or renewed when they filmed it. It was made to work in 2 ways: if they were canceled- then it was the final episode, if they were renewed- they fully intended to have the next season take place in New Hampshire.

Yeah, I know, but I decided to ignore the rules of the thread and vent about that episode.

My favorite part of Scarface was when the Cuban guy was yelling at Tony Montana for fucking up the hit they were supposed to do. "I told you a long time ago you FUCKING LITLLE MONKEY NOT TO FUCK ME!" I was thinking about saying that to a girl at work who had been stealing sales from me.

Sosa was an AWESOME Character. He meant business....I mean think about it, the minute the reporter made his speech, he must have ordered the hit THEN, or else it would have been virtually impossible for all of those guys to have gotten to the mansion as soon as they did, coming from Bolivia.

*BACK ON TOPIC NOW*

I used to watch Felicity, ok. Shut up, I didn't watch religiously. Anyway, the way the show ended was such trash man. Since most of you guys have never seen it, here's a quick rundown. Felicity goes to NYU. She went there because she was in love with some guy named Ben from her HS that didn't even know she existed and she was basically stalking him. When she gets there, she falls in love with her RA, a guy named Noel. First season, they're going out, all is good. Towards the end of it, Ben wakes up, likes her too and she has to make a choice. Cliffhanger.

She dumps Noel and goes out with Ben. Not a likeable character, IMO. Oh, by the way, she was Pre-Med. After season one, she changes her mind and goes into another field.

Anyway, fast forward to the last season. Noel moved on and he's going to get married but always thinks about Felicity. 4 episodes til the finale and it seems like the show SHOULD be over. Everyone graduates college, Felicity ends up happy with Ben, whatever. Next episode is where shit gets all weird. She goes to Med school after deciding that WAS what she wanted to do and Ben cheats on her. She goes back to NY for Noel's wedding and she makes a wish that she can go back in time to fix things and be with Noel instead. So, of course, it happens. She tries to change the future and she ends up in a mental hospital and all sorts of bullshit happens and Noel ends up dead. Last episode, she makes it back to the present and takes Ben back. The End. GARBAGE.

Dames

Guest Daredevil21
The Seinfeld series finale was pretty weak.

Yeah, it was a bit disapointing, but I think it was more disapointing not because of it being a weak show (it was pretty good with all the cameos and what have you), but because I knew that while I watched the episode that it was the last new Seinfeld that there was ever going to be. People bash the last couple seasons of the show, but I loved them just as much, if not more than the "prime" seasons.

I think a reason that so many people consider that episode to be weak is because of the ending. The way I see it, they made it so that there was an opening if they decided that they wanted to start it up again. They were sent to jail for a year, and this way it was like if Jerry decided that during the first season it was off that he wanted to go back to it, they could just start up the season after, as if they were just getting out of jail. Too bad that never happened. I'm still hoping for a Seinfeld reunion some day.

Guest Mattdotcom

BOLD Prediction~:

No matter what, the series finale of The Simpsons will be hated by most fans.

Yes, I did a tilde/colon combo.

Guest Flyboy

You rule, Matt!

Anyhow, Spider-Man (the animated Fox series) had a weak ending... Spider-Man meets Stan Lee? What the fuck?

Guest godthedog
BOLD Prediction~:

No matter what, the series finale of The Simpsons will be hated by most fans.

well probably, cause...how do you end a show like that? how would YOU end it?

Guest kane3212321

I'd have simpsons finish but making fun of other shows final episodes and just have them end up the same way they start every episode and have them wondering what situation will happen next.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I didn't like the X-files series finale for some reason.

I hated the Xena finale.

Dido for Newsradio.

Guest Mattdotcom

I agree with two things, three really:

Yes, I rule, Flyboy. As do you.

You can't end a show like The Simpsons.

My dream finale has always been just a regular episode.

Guest DARRYLXWF

Hate to turn this into another Simpson thread, but I wanna say it.

I'd either have the final scene being the Simpson family together, so you can have that message of unity at the end (It was good how the older Simpson episodes actually had morals to them, unlike today).

The other one is to have the final scene being a huge broadway style song in Springfield with all the characters singing it.

Guest geniusMoment

x files wasn't really a finale though because they already have two movies in the works therefore they couldn't tie up all the loose ends for you

Guest Retro Rob

I am a huge X-Files mark, but using flashbacks for an hour and a half didn't really impress me. The last 15 minutes of the finale were great, the first hour 45 was nothing more than restating how past storylines culminated. I did mark out big time for CSM though.

Guest Addy

They should make the Simpsons finale an hour long. They couldn't wrap it all up in half an hour.

Guest cynicalprofit
Anyhow, Spider-Man (the animated Fox series) had a weak ending... Spider-Man meets Stan Lee? What the fuck?

Oh please, that was a great ending, a nod to spidermans history, and an insanely great animated episode. They went out with class tied up most of the loose angles, and had stan freaking lee in it, IT FN ROCKED!

Guest BorneAgain

Married with Children had a dissapointing series finale although to be fair the cast didn't know it was the last episode.