TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest eiker_ir

Thw One & Only Raw thread for 9/16/2002...

Guest Big McLargeHuge
Smarky... don't make me pull out the MOD POWERS~! now.

But everyone loves Big. You ban me? A mass uprising will occur and my fellow posters will demand my return. It's a no win situation for all of us...except me as I will claim my place as the Smartmarks king and rule with an iron fist, dictate the board the way I see fit and be an all around bad ass mo'fo.

What?

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Sonofabitch... I wasted my 2000th post on a throwaway joke. Typical...

You wasted because of moi'?

Awww... how cute. :wub:

LOL, you were 1999, I'm afraid. Smarky got my 2000th.

:ph34r:

Guest cabbageboy

Guys, chill out. HHH is not remotely going to beat RVD with a fucking sleeper. RVD already tapped tonight, he is not going to do it on Sunday (at least I would HOPE NOT). No, I think what we have here is a possible Michaels run in of some sort, then at some point RVD will counter the pedigree by doing the splits (much like he did the X Factor, a badass spot)......then HHH goes for the sleeper. And from there we do the Wrestlemania 8 finish as RVD flips off the ropes and covers HHH for the win.

If RVD doesn't win at the PPV after jobbing to Jericho tonight I am going to be royally pissed.

And yes, I was almost choking on the olive I was eating when RVD made fun of the water spitting.

Guest JHawk

OK guys, if you want my thoughts on the show, my recap is up, so click the link in my sig. Or click it anyway and think I'm an idiot, I don't care.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Like I said, HBK will most likely interfere getting the match thrown out. It's the only rational solution, IMO. RVD shouldn't get the title this soon and at a meaningless PPV. HHH winning does nothing but further shove him down everyone's throats. In fact this match is pretty no win, unless HHH has to cheat like a motherfucker. Not gonna happen though. That'll be reserved for Jericho.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
And from there we do the Wrestlemania 8 finish as RVD flips off the ropes and covers HHH for the win.

If RVD doesn't win at the PPV after jobbing to Jericho tonight I am going to be royally pissed.

I still saying Rob winning at the PPV is a stupid idea and it won't draw jackshit. And RVD jobbing to Jericho was pretty much overdue since Van Dam had been making Chris his personal bitch the entire year.

Guest Flyboy
And yes, I was almost choking on the olive I was eating when RVD made fun of the water spitting.

Dude, I was literally laughing my ass off...

Anyhow, yeah.. what was the point of getting the IC title off of RVD? Obviously, to give the World Championship to him sooner or later... if not at Unforgiven then at a later PPV, I'm sure.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Who -hasn't- been making Jericho their bitch? You'd have to have the entire ROSTER job to him to get that back.

RVD jobbing to Jericho won't hurt his heat, but he should damn well be in line for a title. Screw "workrate". He's over, the crowd loves him, and they like to watch him. That's what counts. Not wrestling ability, not selling. The best worker in the world could put on 30 minute ***** matches, but if the crowd didn't care a bit, then they don't deserve to be champion.

Wrestling ability in the WWE has never really meant anything in getting to the main event. It's a helpful bonus, yes..but it dosen't matter. Hogan and Rock aren't great wrestlers, and Austin phoned it in a lot of the time. That said, I think RVD would make a fine World Champion..and at least he's not a leech like Taker, a political machine like Trips, or an unover, character-less, Vanilla Hoss like Lesnar.

Guest TheArchiteck

Contrary to what you guys said, I felt this was a very entertaining show.

But man, Jeff Hardy/HHH match was shitty.

At least HHH pulled out the SLEEPER for the win.

I love that move for a finisher.

They spawned off a hell of a lot of matches today.

Finally get to see R&J in action!

I also noticed Chuck humping Bischoff.

I think RVD was doing more heel tactics which caused him to lose a nice amount of heat near the end. I just hope HHH losses sunday. I feel he's more entertaining as a champ.

Booker is a funny man. Love his matches.

Stiener still didn't show up. :(

Lawler was pretty good today. He was actually giving info in the matches and appearing as a heel. Hell he even put JR in check. I love it.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Highlights of RAW were Billy's crotch chop to Bischoff, knowing that either Steph will make out with a chick or bare her ass, and Regal's stiff offense and bloody nose vs. Kane.

Guest eirejmcmahon

Is it just me or has RVD lost a lot of his crowd heat ?

I put the lack of reaction to his match against Benoit at the last PPV down to a strange crowd but tonight...well those RVD chants weren't exactly tearing the house down.

Guest bravesfan

Did anyone happen to catch CSI?

For those that did, did Trips make a cameo in the background? What about the A-Team repeats later on?

Guest The Electrifyer

I think over all, Raw lost a lot of heat, not just RVD. Croud was very silent for a lot of the wrestlers' entracnces, not just RVD's.

Guest humongous2002

Hey guys it was only one Raw where the crowd didn't seem to be that much into RVD or any wrestler for that matter ,except for the USA chants everybody else got decent heat. The HHH/RVD feud is pretty entertaining, RVD lost his IC title but i'm betting that he will definetely job to Cripple H because politics wont let him win a world title from the cerebral assasin. :firedevil:

Guest Brian

Well, parts of it were. Booker got a strong reaction.

Maybe they were so overwhelmed by RVD's MIC WORK~!