TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Angel_Grace_Blue

My high school's "Battle of the Bands."

Guest Angel_Grace_Blue

Well, I just got back from my high school's "Battle of the Bands." It was okay, since it was only a buck. And, seeing as you don't know any of these people, I will describe/review each band, of which there were five, but only four were judged.

Band One: Bedford Chord (I think this is the name. I'm not really sure.)

Pretty good band, kind of a punk-type group, and since I'm not really a punk fan, they weren't to my liking that much. Actually, I take that back, they were pretty good, except that the mics supplied were crappy and you couldn't hear what they were saying.

Overall rating: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of 5

Band Two: Quick, Save Johnny (Once again, I'm guessing.)

Okay band, sorta. Much more of a punk band, and not that good since they only had written/practiced their songs yesterday. Not to mention that the lead singer seemed to have stage fright and wouldn't face the crowd.

Overall rating: :headbang: :headbang: out of 5 because they played the TNMNT song.

Band Three: (I have no clue as to the name.)

I didn't care for these guys that much. Probably since the lead singer had a terrible voice.

Overall rating: :headbang: out of 5, because I'm generous tonight.

Band Four: Hot Tin Roof

Pretty decent band. One of the member's dad was the drummer/lead singer, so uh, bonus points for that. Or something.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of 5.

Band Five (Not judged by the judges): Marcus George and John Bar

Just two guys, for filler. John on drums, Marcus on bass, and DAY-UM, Marcus is a great bass player. No singing, just two guys playing.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of 5.

Winners: I think it should have been Bedford Chord, but supposedly they were disqualified because three of the five members don't go to my school. The winners were Hot Tin Roof.

Overall reaction: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of 5. I'm just glad that it only cost $1, because if I paid more, I'd have felt gipped. And as I stated above, the mics weren't that great as the Quick, Save Johnny lead singer, guitarist, and bassist had to share a mic.

Uh...that's it, I guess. Yeah...

Guest Insane Clown Dan
Band Two: Quick, Save Johnny (Once again, I'm guessing.)

Okay band, sorta. Much more of a punk band, and not that good since they only had written/practiced their songs yesterday. Not to mention that the lead singer seemed to have stage fright and wouldn't face the crowd.

Overall rating:   out of 5 because they played the TNMNT song.

TNMNT, eh? That's odd... a local band at my school (the Skrubs) plays that same r0xx0ring song. Is that somewhat common?

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"You stole this from that Diablo guy!

But since you've been around longer than him, and wrestling is all about polotics, let's say he stole it from you.

That unoriginal bastard.

Mothernature says..."