TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

Guest Kagato Otaku

Tonight's Buffy kicked more ass than a team of ass-kicking ass-kickers. Good continuity and D'Hoffryn channeling the Master AND the honorable Richard Wilkins III.

Thought the opening bits were beyond cheese, but they were meant to be. Nice to see them finally get off their can and draw some real humanity out of Anya.

Guest Cavi

Tonight's show was like a continual markout for me. Huge props for all the stuff from past episodes (how apropos that "Becoming - Part II" was on FX this morning). I knew Olaf was going to make a cameo. When all those villagers were trying to drive him out - "Throw fruit and fresh meat at him!" I got a laught out of that. Same with how Anya helped to start the French Revolution. I also loved the part when Willow showed her heel self for like a second or two.

Great episode.

Oh man.....the whole "I killed Angel" speech was just....WOW. They actually went back FIVE YEARS to clear up an unresolved issue. Why can't WWE remember their storylines like these guys do!

Dames

That hint of Willow evilness that they showed I have a feeling will definitely come into play by seasons end. Did anyone else see the "sacrifice" at the end coming?

Dames

Guest Cavi

Just to correct myself, it was the Russian Revolution, not the French (duh). And the exact line about Olaf was "Hit him with fruits and various meats."

D'Hoffryn mentioning how one of his demons had a sketch of Warren's flayed body on the wall was funny.

I'm so hyped to see how this season plays out. More so than any other, I think.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Holy shit. Also: holy shit.

That episode was incredibly good. Just...awe-inspiring. I am flabbergasted by how good it was. When Buffy whipped out the Angel line...fuck. Mindblowing. And it was so cool seeing that lie finally get called out. I wonder if they're going to have anything happen as a result of that though, like Buffy getting really really pissed off at Xander. Gah...I could go on forever at how insanely great that episode was. When they flashed back to the friggin MUSICAL EP I was totally marking out. Is that song on the new cd that just came out? God, such a good episode. As much of a wrestling fan as I am, WWE will never ever ever come close to being as incredible as Buffy was tonight.

Guest Kingpk

I echo the sentiment that the show kicked ass.

It was about time they built up the Anya character too and gave her a reason to be so angry after Xander left her (she didn't really know who she was, but thought being Mrs. Harris would finally bring some meaning to her life).

Also, "Hit him with various fruits and meats" may be the greatest line ever.

Guest LaParkaMarka

The ep was chock full of wicked lines. For instance (paraphrasing)

Olaf - She is stout, like a Baltic woman. Not like you, Aud. Your hips are narrow, like a Baltic woman from a more arid climate."

GOLD

Guest Cavi

"The troll is doing an Olaf impersonation!"

Another funny line, during the musical. When the chorus comes around for the first time, Anya sings "Miss Anya [something, something, something] Harris." It was this long name. Second time around, she goes "Miss Anya lameass made up maden name Harris."

Guest Kagato Otaku

Another thing to love about this episode...the ending.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Some are going to call it a cop-out, but I really like that they killed Halfrek in the end instead of Anya. Vengeance wishes always work in twisted ways, with the intent to make the wishmaker suffer. So instead of ending Anya's pain, D'Hoffryn takes the life of her oldest friend to make her suffer that *much* more for her mistake (I'm REALLY starting to like this guy).

I am loving this season. It'll be a sad day when this show is over and done with.

Guest Cavi
When they flashed back to the friggin MUSICAL EP I was totally marking out. Is that song on the new cd that just came out?

It's not on the CD. I remember reading over the summer how Joss was planning to have a musical flashback for Anya, as he wanted Emma to sing again. The OMWF soundtrack still rules all though. So glad they included the Chris Beck scores.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Another line which I loved:

D'Hoffryn - *looks into the room with the bodies of the frat guys* "Wow, it looks like someone slaughtered an Abercrombie and Fitch catelogue."

Guest Vyce

Goddamn.

I just may love this season so much I forget all about the abysmal last season.

I mean, c'mon - week two had a stellar Spike episode, now a really good Anya episode. Hoffryn kicks ass. A bit of Dark Willow. Funny dialogue. The crowd goes wild!

Another good Olaf line, as he's chasing a villager: "You are small and toylike!"

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That Buffy CD came out?

Oh shit...

*stares at clock until best buy opens*

Guest Youth N Asia

As many of you know, I am always one of the first to reply after an episode as aired, alas, BUffy was pushed back here due to friggin Piston's preseason basketball...is there a dumber thing in the world?!

"From benieth you it devours"...I love how all the demon guys know about this and everyone else is clueless.

Halfrek was a lame character anyway, I didn't mind seeing her die.

Spike still crazy is great tv, you'd like to see him come out of it soon cause you want him to play a bigger part...but he's so good at the crazy bit you want to see more of that.

And I hope they continue to use D'Hoffryn a little more often. He could be a great character.

So far the season is off to their best start ever. I hope they can continue this for a while.

The episode though...

I was glad they did an Anya flashback episode, she really needed one, and she liked bunnies back then??? And very little Dawn, another good thing.

The references to past seasons were very well done, and the singing bit was great, even throwing in a "I'll never tell"...I actually was sitting on the edge of my bean chair ready to curse if they offed Anya.

Ok...since next week is a repeat we're going to have to keep the thread going so it doesn't get buried...feel free to comment on anything Buffy.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Why don't we use this Buffy lull to talk Angel? I'm really liking it so far this season. Yet no thread about it? Boo. The season premiere of Angel rocked in so many ways, and I marked out when Fred zapped the shit out of that monkey Connor. Anyone else been watching it?

Guest Youth N Asia

NO NO NO NO!!!!

Please no Angel, please start a seperate folder.

I don't have WB, so I'm having someone I trade with send me episodes when he gets a tape filled.

And I don't want to read a spioler while going through a Buffy thread.

So please start a new folder...? :huh:

Guest Max Danger

Sorry! :huh: May have a bit of spoiler. Not much, if at all. BUt a little something.

I missed the Vegas episode of Angel, but other than that, I've seen them all this season. I get the feeling, though, that they are going to cross Buffy over into Angel, or vice versa. Connect them somehow.

I mean, they are within the same universe, so with all the talk of an Apocolypse on Angel and the 'beneath you, it devours' stuff on Buffy(meaning The One, I assume), kinda gives you that impression.

The world can't end it one, if it doesn't in the other, and an apocolypse would probably get the people on the other show talking or involved, right?

Could be way off base, though. But I'm enjoying both shows immensely this season.

Guest Cavi
I marked out when Fred zapped the shit out of that monkey Connor.

That was too good. I'm a big fan of Fred.

I'm digging the show quite a bit thus far. Last night's episode gets the <thumbs up>

And with you know who coming back to do three Angel eps and like five of Buffy, both shows should be connected in that regard.

They are already showing reruns this early in the season? Blasphamy!

Don't know if anyone is aware but FX is going to have a Buffy Marathon on Thanksgiving Day. You can vote via the website on which episodes you want to be featured. Unfortunately, there are only three picks per person.

I chose Passions (Season 2 where Angel kills Ms. Calendar; just saw that earlier today on DVD...great episode), The Gift (Season 6 where Buffy kills herself to save the world), and the Christmas episode from Season 3 where Angel tries to kill himself via daylight but it snows for the first time ever in Sunnydale.

Guest Youth N Asia

New episode next week...so no worries.

My top 3

1. "Once More With Feeling," season 6, musical

2. "Hush," season 4, The Gentlemen!

3. "The Wish," season 3, Debut of Anya!

Although this list can change any time depending on my mood. "Amends" is the unofficial Christmas episode, great stuff.

Guest Cavi

I ended up voting for "The Gift", "Fool For Love", and "Tabula Rasa". I'm not sure if those are my top three of all time (well, "The Gift" is my all time favorite), but those are the ones I want to see. A shame that FX isn't showing "Once More With Feeling", "Two To Go", and "Grave". Guess UPN still has those.

Guest Lil Naitch

Spoilers

If you haven't seen it yet, the next episode of Buffy has guest apperances by both Amber Benson and Kristine Sutherland, as well as the return of the remaining Trio members. Looks like a kick-ass episode

Guest Youth N Asia
No love for Restless? That's probably my fave.

Riley: "I got here first, so I get to be cowboy guy." :)

And the thing with Spike and Giles swinging on the swings.

Spike: "Giles is gonna teach me how to be a Watcher."

Giles: "You're like a son to me"

The little scene with Riley and Adam was funny.

Xander trying to nail Willow and Tara...

I love Restless, I was debating on adding that one...if we decided to make a top 10 episodes list I'll add it for sure.

Guest Cavi

I get a laugh out of when Giles is singing - "Try not to bleed on my couch, I've just had it steam cleaned."

Chris Beck, composer extraordinaire, is actually playing the piano in that scene. Guess that Chris Beck Cameo Committee worked after all.

Guest Cavi

Haha, I really liked tonight's episode. That was some funny stuff. The little flashback Xander had to "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" was a nice touch. And Buffy bringing out the rocket launcher from "Innocence"? Awesome! The scene when Principal Wood was in his office listening to music and you see Buffy walk up in the background with the launcher was hilarious.

I have high hopes for next week's episode. Joyce! Tara!

Guest Special K

I agree. Really good stuff. I liked the scene.

Xander: Okay, so you know the plan?

SPike: Think I've got it.

*Steal jacket, flee*

Also when Buffy innocuously walked up with the bazooka and Spike tackled her, that was funny.

Guest LaParkaMarka

The first 25 mins was pretty sucky..Buff saved Anya from some demon D'Hoffryn sent, Dawn falls in love with some guy at school and proceeds to go all ANGSTY~! I think you basically missed the bad stuff and got to watch the awesome.

The flashback was wicked, the bazooka scene was brilliant, I really liked all the "But he has a penis!" comments towards Willow, and I very much enjoyed the ending. Spike and Xander made an awesome team. A nice little comedy ep. It was cool how Xander said it was the jacket right at the beginning of the episode. "Good times".

Buffy making out with RJ was still really weird though.

Sign in to follow this