TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

Guest Kingpk

Nah, Joss knows how people's expectations would be high after this much foreshadowing so I don't think he'll have an underwhelming Big Bad (especially if this is the last season).

About tonight, fantastic episode. If next week leads to the slaying of Spike, I will be sad.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

No, next week will have Buffy debating whether or not to kills spike - maybe a confrontation but he won't be dying for at least 3 more eps. If that. They killed off Tara last year and Joyce the year before that (along with buffy) - making it three in a row? I dunno. But it probably will factor in big sometime in the future.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Spike certainly won't die this early in the season. Since this is probably the last season of the show, I'd say all bets on cast mortality are off come the last 4 or 5 eps, but nah, not yet.

It's pretty obvious to me that Spike's either being controlled, or that wasn't Spike at all. He hasn't been able to control the chip that well yet.

RIP, Jonathan. Fucking Andrew. I hate when nerds fight.

I guess we know why Spike was hanging out in that particular room in the basement, eh?

Dawnie impressed the hell out of me in this one, and whatever the black spectral figure that was crawling all over Joyce was scary as fuck. In addition, the First Evil actually getting down and taunting, actively manipulating people...it's very interesting. The First Evil is a frickin' huge bad, and I think we've got our eventual final antagonist for the season, unless Joss & Co. swerve us big-time for the big blow-out.

A thought: if the First Evil (who seemed to be embodying Warren, Cassie, and perhaps Joyce tonight, though that last one is def. up for debate) needed blood spilled on that seal in the basement...why drag Andrew and Jonathan up from Mexico? "Warren" did say that Jonathan was their last hope, so I'm thinking it had to be something special about Jonathan to either break the seal or whatever's going to happen, if it dragged them both up from Mexico rather than just get some other innocent to spill blood down there. Either that, or Mutant Enemy just wanted to really tug at our poor little heartstrings by offing the only non-Scooby character to run from Season 1 to now.

This was astounding, brilliantly acted and composed, and the best episode of an up and down (but mostly positive) season so far. Hints are starting to pay off, and we've got some answers but plenty more new questions. I'm excited.

Also, if any of you get FX, "Restless" is on tomorrow night at 6 PM, and season 5 is just starting up there. Great ep.

Foreshadowing to the season (series?) finale in November reeks of awesomeness!

I loved the bit where Ghost Joyce tells Dawn that Buffy "when it's bad, she won't choose you". Creepy, well the entire show was creepy but the continuous warnings the Scoobies have recieved lately are really building this season up as something special.

I'm sorry but if your mom died on your couch ... why keep the couch and use it every day? The scene with the black demon thing standing over obviously dead Joyce (with white contacts ... ewww) was uber scary.

As far as Spike goes, perhaps he didn't get his soul back but rather had the chip removed (although looking at previous episodes this season doesn't favor that angle much).

And it looks as thought the school is once again center to Sunnydale's problems (that funky circle design in the basement ... where Spike was for so long), although it's not clear as to how it ties in exactly - or why 2/3rds of the Triad came back for it.

For Christmas, I want the ability to turn inside out into nothingness ... that's pretty cool. Actually, for a moment or so I thought dead high school chick was trying to turn Willow into a vengeance demon.

Guest LaParkaMarka
I loved the bit where Ghost Joyce tells Dawn that Buffy "when it's bad, she won't choose you". Creepy, well the entire show was creepy but the continuous warnings the Scoobies have recieved lately are really building this season up as something special.

This kind of reminded me of something from last season's Angel.

*spoiler space for those who haven't seen the last season of Angel for some reason*

The whole fake prophecy that Angel will kill Connor reminds me of this. The good guys are being manipulated in Buffy in a somewhat similar manner. So does this point to Dawn pulling a heel turn on Buffy at some critical point later on in the season? Ooh, intrigue.

The whole fake prophecy that Angel will kill Connor reminds me of this. The good guys are being manipulated in Buffy in a somewhat similar manner. So does this point to Dawn pulling a heel turn on Buffy at some critical point later on in the season? Ooh, intrigue.

I hope not. They're just now making Dawn out to be a worthwhile character (flashbacks to last week's show in skimpy dress ... *drools*). Dawn needs to become a lot more powerful and prominent a character if / when that happens. She can't compete with Buffy as it is now.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I second that.

It would be a great way to introduce (or put heat on) a villain... (yes.. THAT'S it... For the Villain...)

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

yeah...

that's what I meant too...

certainly not for my own amusement...

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

As long as Dawn dances around a little in each episode, it's fine by me if she stays.

::cough::

Guest LaParkaMarka

Ok, Dawn's slutdance with RJ (the magic jacket guy) didn't do anything for me, but her waving her ass around to that mexican-sounding music was very cool. Wouldn't mind Dawnie doing more of that.

Is it just me or did she look Vampy when her face was slashes and the blood was coming out of her mouth?

Guest Kingpk

Whoa, let's not let this thread fall TOO far down.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to have The Body air on Syndication on Sunday and Fool For Love on FX tonight. Both damn good episodes.

Guest Cavi

Speaking of "Fool For Love", I hate how they edit out that cool slow motion shot of Spike, Dru, Angel, and Darla during the Boxer Rebellion flashback. Classic episode nonetheless.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

He got a spell up in time...right?

Guest DawnBTVS

I damn sure hope so otherwise I'll be one pissed Buffy fan...poor Giles and damn Joss for teasing us so :angry:

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

SO NOT FAIR

He's contracted for more eps this season...I hope...

Great episode, as we're really moving forward with the plotline, and should be next week as well, and I love anything that's Spike-centric...but good GOD no no no no no no no no no no.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I read that Giles is contracted for more than 3 eps...

but with a demon or whatever impersonating people...

well...it doesn't have to be Giles does it?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Not at all. I think it'll be interesting however they do it...but NOOOO GILES DUCK, DUCK DUCK DUCK!

My guess is that we won't see any more Giles till around the end of the season, when the insanity is really picking up...and then he comes back to Sunnydale, and who the hell knows if he's him or not. Something in that vein.

This season has been very well-plotted so far, and it looks like we're getting 3 big-story-based eps in a row...definitely feels pretty epic. I have faith.

LIIIIIIVE, YOU COFFEE MERCHANT, LIIIIVE.

Guest Youth N Asia

My boner-biting UPN screwed me out of last week's Buffy and I had to go to a friend's house to watch it on his computer today...long story.

Last week's episode was one of the best. This week's was pretty good, but not as good as last week's.

Sucks that they offed Jonathan, I liked the character. To be killed by Andrew is kinda lame though. And that shit with Joyce last week was spooky as hell

"Anchovies, anchovies, you're so delicious, you're the most tastey of all the fishes." Damn Dawn finally made me laugh with that last week...although might not be word for word.

I don't know if I really like or really hate the idea that I don't know who the big bad is this season...it's been very well done so far.

Now with the robe guys killing middle aged people that kinda messes with my Slayers theory...maybe it's a Slayer/Watcher thing...

They still have so many possibilities that they can go for this season...so who knows what's up.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'd bet that they offed Giles so that when he appears later to guide the Scoobys they won't suspect it's the big bad in his form.

Of course...for that to work Giles has to die...and I'm currently not accepting that theory.

Guest Youth N Asia

Giles, dead=bad

Jonathan, dead=bad

Dawn, dead=hmmmm....

They still gotta off her...I know she's growing into a lovely little thing, but she must die.

I don't want Giles to die unless I know as a fact it's gonna be the last season. he can die, but he must stay till the end.

Guest Kagato Otaku
LIIIIIIVE, YOU COFFEE MERCHANT, LIIIIVE.

You're buying me a new keyboard, you saucy bastard.

Some folks drink while they read these forums, y'know?

Guest Cavi

"Oh, my God! They killed Giles!!!

You ********!!!!!"

David Fury, over at the Bronze. Heh.

Good, enjoyable episode all around. I'm really digging all this stuff with the Big Bad.

Guest Kagato Otaku
"Oh, my God! They killed Giles!!!

You ********!!!!!"

David Fury, over at the Bronze. Heh.

Bah.

If pop culture has taught me anything, it's that the ax was deflected by the scar tissue from Giles' many head injuries in the past.

Guest Vyce

I doubt they killed of Giles.

Especially what with the possibility of his own "Ripper" spinoff still up in the air.

Guest Youth N Asia

Another small thing about the episode.

When Spike dusted the vampire the band stopped playing, paused for a second, then started up again.

And when the singer was walking out "I hate playing vampire towns"

They just seemed so jaded to the whole thing. Gotta love the little things.

I refuse to recognize the possibility that they have offed Rupert the magic man. To me, Giles and Spike are untouchables.

DON'T ASK ME WHY THEY JUST ARE!!!

*ahem* Sorry about that. Anyway, good enough episode since it was Spike-centric. I don't quite get how the little Irish song or whatever it was not only overrode Spike's chip while also brainwashing him into thinking Buffy wanted him to bite people. Highlight was Anya putting her "move" on Spike only to get angry and depressed when he says no.

"Souless Spike would've had me upside-down and halfway to Happyland by now!" :D

Looks promising next week as well with more fun with Spike, and if my eyes didn't deceive me Andrew in Buffy's house?

Sign in to follow this