TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

Guest LaParkaMarka
Another small thing about the episode.

When Spike dusted the vampire the band stopped playing, paused for a second, then started up again.

And when the singer was walking out "I hate playing vampire towns"

They just seemed so jaded to the whole thing. Gotta love the little things.

I wanted to mention that!

Anyways, good ep. Spike rocks, Big Bad is just SO evil, etc etc. Good stuff.

But the ending...yikes. I doubt Giles will be offed in this manner though. Seems too offscreen for me. At the very least, his corpse will show up dramatically to show everyone that the Giles they've been seeing is actually Big Bad.

That guy at the beginning of the ep just screamed Watcher. I mean, who else would have that many books and some handy dandy weapons and a young female around? I think someone is offing potential slayers, as well as whoever can/could be training them.

Guest Kingpk

Good show, next week looks pretty good too.

"Spike needs blood"

"Want me to kill Anya?"

".............no."

Guest Kagato Otaku

Kinda offtopic - I'm watching Harriet the Spy on HBO and its freaking the living heck out of me. I don't know why, because I remember seeing Eliza Dushku in True Lies and Mercedes McNab (Harmony) in the Addams Family movies.

But I can't go two seconds in this movie without seeing Michelle Tractenberg and going "AAIIIIIIEEE!! Dawn!!". Must be some kind of gut reaction I think.

Either that or I am very messed up.

Guest Cavi
I doubt Giles will be offed in this manner though.

Agreed. I doubt they would kill off Giles in such a low key manner.

Guest Max Danger

I know it's TV and they can do anything when they follow up on next week's show(if they even do), but I watched the ending in slow motion, and the ax is right at Giles' head. If it were lower, it'd be touching his ear. There's no way he'll be able to duck it, since he didn't even know the guy was there.

So, I'm sure he'll end up dead, and the Big Bad will pretend to be him around the end of the season. I really don't see how they can't off him with it looking stupid(the ax was RIGHT there).

If Giles dies, then it should be in the last episode of the last season. Anything else is not cool.

Very solid episode last night. I read an online article / interview with Tony Head a few days ago (sorry, no clue where it was) where the writer clarified that it was indeed watchers and potential slayers that were being killed. Tony said he's filmed 10 episodes thus far but it could always end up being more since they put the specifics on episodes as they go along.

Notice how dying watcher told Giles to gather them up because it has begun? Giles can't die, he must lead slayers into war.

When is Faith coming back? And will this season of Buffy have any bearing on Angel - ESPECIALLY since this may be the last season? I had heard rumors (no clue how credible) that many past characters would show up this season - of course all the villians that were used in the season premier but I believe Oz was mentioned as well. Don't quote me on it, it may just be wishfull thinking.

Just wanted to let you guys know, in case you weren't aware, that Kazaa has a pretty good selection of old episodes.

So far I've downloaded:

Once More With Feeling

Grave (season finale from May)

Selfless (Anya's episode from a few weeks back)

Smashed (Willow turns Amy back into a person)

Graduation Day Part 1 & 2

Tabula Rasa (Tara breaks up with Willow, feat. Michelle Branch)

Life Serial (the one with the mummy hand Buffy had to keep trying to sell)

and Enemies (Faith tries to turn Angel heel)

They're great quality but also about 400mb apiece, so keep that in mind.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

They have TONS on there. I still need to download the 3 episodes I missed last year. Ive seen them all on there...but never downloaded them.

Guest Youth N Asia
Very solid episode last night. I read an online article / interview with Tony Head a few days ago (sorry, no clue where it was) where the writer clarified that it was indeed watchers and potential slayers that were being killed. Tony said he's filmed 10 episodes thus far but it could always end up being more since they put the specifics on episodes as they go along.

Although I didn't want a spoiler...you'll note I was the first to guess Slayers and maybe the first to guess Watchers (when they started whacking old people)...although I didn't want a spoiler.

And like I've said and like other's have said...NO Killing GIles! Not unless it's the last or near last episode EVER!

Very solid episode last night.  I read an online article / interview with Tony Head a few days ago (sorry, no clue where it was) where the writer clarified that it was indeed watchers and potential slayers that were being killed.  Tony said he's filmed 10 episodes thus far but it could always end up being more since they put the specifics on episodes as they go along.

Although I didn't want a spoiler...you'll note I was the first to guess Slayers and maybe the first to guess Watchers (when they started whacking old people)...although I didn't want a spoiler.

And like I've said and like other's have said...NO Killing GIles! Not unless it's the last or near last episode EVER!

Sorry about that. When I came across the article I had a big "Ooooooooh!" moment, so thought I might pass the info along.

Guest Youth N Asia

No problemo.

My UPN has been screwey with me...in the last 3 episodes on their website they've had Amber Benson listed in the credits for upcoming shows. I don't think they had it that way all season...but she's yet to appear yet in season 7.

I just found out that the Thanksgiving Day marathon is going to be 14 hours long.

Possibility of seeing Willow with the ultra sexy short curly hair = high.

Guest Mole

I just watched last night shows today, and wow, this is one of the best episodes I have ever seen. Granted, I just started watching Buffy this past year. (I've only seen seasons 1 and 2, and some of 6) I've seen some episodes from season 3-5, and found them very boring. I guess it is because season 2 was soo fuckin good, that it was a let down.

Anyway, this is the first season I've watched every week. From what I have seen, this is one of the best episodes I've seen. I was in supense the whole show, and this is a great build up to the Big Evil.

The idea it is a watcher is a great idea. And yes, Giles is going to die, which sucks because everyone loves him. However, they could always bring him back. How many times did Buffy come back? 3?

And yes, Giles is going to die, which sucks because everyone loves him. However, they could always bring him back. How many times did Buffy come back? 3?

Yeah but the same rules don't apply. Joss has done very well with keeping people dead going all the way back to Ms. Calander in Season 2 and most recently as Tara. If he dies, he stays dead. But I don't think it will happen because he was basically put in a leadership position by the dying watcher seconds before the end of the show.

...But I do love the fact that the show is so good that everyone is on the edge of their seat waiting to see what happened.

I'll agree with Season 2, it put the show on the map. 3 def had its moments. 4 was pretty boring; I hated Riley. 5 is much better but to understand it you have to start at the beginning - it makes the finale much more meaningful.

Truth be told, I only started watching last fall but thanks to FX reruns and DVD I'm fairly certain I've seen every episode - save for perhaps a few from early last season.

Guest Youth N Asia
I got an idea......maybe the guy swinging the axe...........is Giles? Maybe the Giles getting killed was a fake...another of the big bad's tricks?

Touche

Although Giles looks to be in impending doom...I don't think he'll die by what ended the last show.

Guest Ripper

Quite a great show...I was still staggering around from Angel on Sunday to appreciate it totally at first. But when watched again I must put in my points:

James Marsters= Emmy...bottom line. No ONE...and dammit I mean NOONE has done a better job on television than he has in the second show and last night. PERIOD. I know it probably won't happen...but dammit...Marsters is the MAN.

The Big Bad is just so freakin...bad. Thats all I can say about that.

And its time to start accepting the really bad thought. Rupert is dead. There is NO way he moved...unless the half dead watcher guy hit the robe guy with some swank ass spell at the last second... Giles is dead. If I tune in next week and they pull the old Duke Boys way out( they would fall off a cliff before the commercial and the guy would be all "Now them boys in trouble!" and after the commercial they jumped out before they went off the cliff...BULLSHIT) I am going to be PISSED. It sucks...but it will make for intresting television.

I am still the minority that says that if Giles was going to die, it would have to be on the old gas station counter in Season 5,,,

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Just a note for anyone driving by: The Body, probably the best Buffy episode ever, is on FX at 7 eastern.

Best in an artistic sense, I say; probably the best dramatic hour of television I've ever seen. It's astounding.

Guest The Hamburglar

Grrr...Argh...Season Six put me right off Buffy, but the reports I've read on Series Seven sound soooo good. I still have to wait until January before they start showing it on Sky over here, the bastards. And Angel still good too? Looks like my Thursday nights will be taken up with the Buffy/Angel double bill they do. I suppose my one consolation is that I won't have to go through any of those heinous breaks without episodes that you poor Americans are subject to.

Oh, and on the subject of the Body, I agree that it's technically very good and well-executed, but to me it feels just a little too much like Whedon shouting "look! A really SERIOUS episode! It deals with real life stuff! Now gimme my Emmy you bastards! Gimme gimme gimme!"

I reckons the best Buffy episode ever is Passion. That rules it on every level and is what I would consider to be an example of TV working as a legitimately great art form. However, I think Angel's Reprise is equally as good. The level of quality over these two series over the years is really quite astounding.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Season 7 has been phenomenal.

Even season 6 haters and lovers (like me) are agreeing on this one.

Guest Youth N Asia

This is the absolute best they've started a season...EVER!

Who knows if it can hold up through an entire 22 episode season, but I am very geeked to see how this all turns out.

I try not to hate too much on season 6...but I wasn't digging it as much as the others...although some great episodes.

Oh, and on the subject of the Body, I agree that it's technically very good and well-executed, but to me it feels just a little too much like Whedon shouting "look! A really SERIOUS episode! It deals with real life stuff! Now gimme my Emmy you bastards! Gimme gimme gimme!"

I reckons the best Buffy episode ever is Passion. That rules it on every level and is what I would consider to be an example of TV working as a legitimately great art form. However, I think Angel's Reprise is equally as good. The level of quality over these two series over the years is really quite astounding.

If I had to pick one singular show for a non-fan to watch, it would def be 'Passions'. Very...for lack of a better word, poetic. My other faves like 'The Gift' or 'Once More with Feeling' or even the more recent 'Conversations with Dead People', to appreciate the show you have to get the full jist of the backstory. 'Passions' can stand by itself as a great episode.

I loved 'The Body' and caught it accidentally while flipping through channels tonight. The first half hour is tremendous. Once they get to the morgue it slows down a bit.

Guest Kingpk

Eh, season 6 started ok, but it REALLY hit a rut in the middle with the "single parent Buffy looking for a job while banging Spike" crap before all hell broke loose with Willow at the end.

I'll go with that. How Angel shows Giles what he did to Jenny is just perfectly evil.

For all of you who have Buffy Season Two, watch the Joss Interview where he talks about killing Jenny. He just drives home the right reasons for killing Jenny and how they did it.

Dames

Guest Vyce
James Marsters= Emmy...bottom line. No ONE...and dammit I mean NOONE has done a better job on television than he has in the second show and last night. PERIOD. I know it probably won't happen...but dammit...Marsters is the MAN.

Oh, I agree, it won't happen.

But Goddamn, it SHOULD.

Spike's my favorite character, so I'm biased, but really, Marsters is just doing phenomenal work with that role. The ending of the 2nd episode just BLEW me away. "Can we rest now, Buffy? Can we rest?" Holy shit that was heavy.

Guest Kingpk

I'd also throw in a vote for The Replacement, but probably only because I'm a bit of a Xander mark.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I like Becoming part 2 but it obviously doesn't stand alone.

Honestly...my favorite episode wasn't even on Buffy...it was on Angel.

The one where Angel became human and then gave it back. I admit the ending makes me sniffle a little.

Then they killed Doyle the very next ep.

Damn them

Guest Youth N Asia
For all of you who have Buffy Season Two, watch the Joss Interview where he talks about killing Jenny. He just drives home the right reasons for killing Jenny and how they did it.

Dames

Yeah, I have the season 2 set on VHS with the 6 main episodes about the Buffy/Angel deal...and they just lifted the interviews off those for the DVD

Angel should have used his human face, dammit!

And I got a friend hooked on the show by making him watch "The Wish" and "Hush"

Sign in to follow this