TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

And I got a friend hooked on the show by making him watch "The Wish" and "Hush"

I completely forgot about "The Wish"...still trying to get that off Kazaa. "Hush" is one of the few I haven't seen.

Guest Youth N Asia
And I got a friend hooked on the show by making him watch "The Wish" and "Hush"

I completely forgot about "The Wish"...still trying to get that off Kazaa. "Hush" is one of the few I haven't seen.

Duuuuude..."Hush" may be my all time favorite episode. You should get that one asap, it's from season 4.

Guest LaParkaMarka

I thought Hush was like required viewing for any Buffy fans. Course, this is coming from someone who hasn't seen any of season three, because he's waiting for it on dvd.

So yeah, Hush kicks ass, and you should really check it out somehow.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

As a relative Buffy neophyte who's still seen a helluva lot in a short period of time...yeah. "Hush" is top-notch. Season 4 has the best collection of stand-alones in my eyes; Hush, Pangs, Something Blue, A New Man, and Restless all rule, and can be appreciated with even only a minimal knowledge of the characters. Of course, the rest of season 4 is kind of lame...Riley is a bore, the Initiative largely is as well, but that 2-part season-finale is pretty sweet, I'll give 'em that.

"I like Helter Skelter."

Guest Kagato Otaku

Adam was cool. I don't care what anybody says.

Spike: "This all goes down, the chip comes out, yeah? No tricks.''

Adam: "Scout's honor.''

Spike: "You were a Boy Scout?!''

Adam: ..."Parts of me.''

Still on the low end of Big Bads though. Poor kinematically redundant, biomechanical demonoid. Never gets any respect.

Guest Cavi

Various stuff I would like to comment on.

James Marsters= Emmy...bottom line.  No ONE...and dammit I mean NOONE has done a better job on television than he has in the second show and last night.  PERIOD.  I know it probably won't happen...but dammit...Marsters is the MAN.
...Marsters is just doing phenomenal work with that role.  The ending of the 2nd episode just BLEW me away.  "Can we rest now, Buffy?  Can we rest?"  Holy shit that was heavy.

I totally agree that he (already) deserves an Emmy for this season. That scene in "Beneath You" was just freakin' incredible. My favorite scene this season, thus far.

...to appreciate the show you have to get the full jist of the backstory.

So damn true. Often times I'm chatting with people who have seen like one episode and they didn't like it, so they think the whole series sucks. You can't really judge a show, especially one such as Buffy which has quite the mythos, based on one episode alone. It surely didn't help that the episode this person saw was "The Body". That is one you simply cannot appreciate without being a fan.

The one where Angel became human and then gave it back.  I admit the ending makes me sniffle a little.

That would be "I Will Remember You". What a great storyline. That final bit is easily one of my all time favorite scenes.

Kagato, you're not the only one who thought Adam was cool. I got a kick out of him.

Buffy: "Broke your arm."

Adam: "Got another...*minigun pops out*...I've been upgrading."

Guest Youth N Asia
Adam was cool. I don't care what anybody says.

Spike: "This all goes down, the chip comes out, yeah? No tricks.''

Adam: "Scout's honor.''

Spike: "You were a Boy Scout?!''

Adam: ..."Parts of me.''

Still on the low end of Big Bads though. Poor kinematically redundant, biomechanical demonoid. Never gets any respect.

Glad someone agrees about Adam. His delivery was just great with his lines. People don't like 4 as a whole cause Riley and his little GI Joe squad.

Adam: What am I?

Boy: You're a monster.

Adam: I thought so. What are you?

Boy: Me? I'm a boy.

Adam: A boy. How do you work?

Boy: I don't know. I just do.

So Adam rips him open to find out how he works...creepy shit.

And James has been very emmy worthy this year...though he'll get shafted on it.

Guest The Hamburglar

I liked Adam, the actor was good, the concept fairly cool, but they just didn't fucking use him properly and he was brought in way too late. On another note, I was just thinking that the three episode run on Angel last year of Loyalty, Sleep Tight and Forgiving(The whole Angel loses his son storyline) is the best cluster of high quality shows in either show's history and just a really great achievemnt. With an absolutely devastating Angel-Wesley coda. In case you can't tell I thought Angel series 3 ruled it mightily.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I liked the concept of Adam and felt it could have been better exploered and much better done without the initiative and Riley shit bogging it down.

I mean...a being created out of all the worst things that Buffy faces should be gold...but that seasons storyline suffered from characters I couldn't stand.

Guest Ripper

I still the the Inititive and Riley could have worked...they just made Riley/Buffy so damn in front of everyone else that season. From the show where they finally hook up and know about each other it dragged...because before then season 4 was kicking ass. Hell, I liked the premiere...the show about Kathy the roomate (the scene with Oz and Buffy patrolling was hi-fucking-larious). There was just TOO much Riley Buffy. Every show was about them. Hell, look at season two...they didn't shove Angel/Buffy down our throats nearly as much which is why people don't hate Angel. But season 4 started off with the Freshmen, Living Condidtions, The Harsh Light of Day, Fear Itself, Beer Bad(yes I liked that show...sue me" , Wild at Heart, The Initiative(which wasn't a bad show...very good actually) Pangs, Something Blue, and Hush....now that is quite the freaking run. Not the RUN OF PERFECTION at the end of season 5 but quite the run.

By the way. I was just watching my season 2 DVD today and watched Becoming part one. After watching that, I wish even more that Xander had smacked Buffy for getting all high and fucking mighty on him on "Anya" this season. "I Killed Angel... blah blah blah..." but when it was Angel, everyong acted like Xander was being a ass.

Guest Youth N Asia
By the way. I was just watching my season 2 DVD today and watched Becoming part one. After watching that, I wish even more that Xander had smacked Buffy for getting all high and fucking mighty on him on "Anya" this season. "I Killed Angel... blah blah blah..." but when it was Angel, everyong acted like Xander was being a ass.

I hear ya, completly took Xander's side...Angel killed Jenny, some chick outside the bronze, and led to Kendra getting offed (which I didn't mind), and another nameless chick... thus Angel had to die...as simple as that.

I just dubbed the last 4 episodes of season 6 for a friend...good stuff, Willow kicks ass.

But season 4 started off with the Freshmen, Living Condidtions, The Harsh Light of Day, Fear Itself, Beer Bad(yes I liked that show...sue me" , Wild at Heart, The Initiative(which wasn't a bad show...very good actually) Pangs, Something Blue, and Hush....now that is quite the freaking run. Not the RUN OF PERFECTION at the end of season 5 but quite the run.

I loved 'Beer Bad', just for cavegirl Buffy...

"Buffy...want...beer" (makes Willow-esque resolve face)

Guest Youth N Asia
But season 4 started off with the Freshmen, Living Condidtions, The Harsh Light of Day, Fear Itself, Beer Bad(yes I liked that show...sue me" , Wild at Heart, The Initiative(which wasn't a bad show...very good actually) Pangs, Something Blue, and Hush....now that is quite the freaking run.  Not the RUN OF PERFECTION at the end of season 5 but quite the run.

I loved 'Beer Bad', just for cavegirl Buffy...

"Buffy...want...beer" (makes Willow-esque resolve face)

I'd say Beer Bad is one of my 10 least favorite episodes. Having Paker in it didn't help much either, a very lame storyline in the series.

Though I loved in the "Conversations with Dead People" episode how the vamp said he heard Buffy was into chicks from Parker.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I didn't mind the Parker storyline as it at least showed Buffy as striving for something. It made sense that she would allow herself to be taken advantage of because she desperately wanted something normal. In fact, that's one thing I think the show has gotten away from that I liked (and getting a job selling fast food will never count).

Plus...I dug the part where she wondered aloud if all men turn evil after you sleep with them.

It could have been followed up nicely...but instead she slept with Riley for the rest of the year, and everyone hated it.

Guest Youth N Asia

The thing that bugged me about the Parker deal is that she just kept going on and on about it...I mean come on, she didn't cry that much when she whacked Angel.

Too much Riley hate here...granted he was lame, but he'll probably never be back again. Although he could come back evil?

When Jonathan isn't safe, anything can happen

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

She did go on and on about it...

but that's just how some chicks are.

That may sound sexist or whatever...but there it is.

Angel's was more complicated as for one...it dealt with her calling, especially after he turned and for two...she was so distraught that she couldn't sit around and cry about it...she straight up left town.

Guest Vyce

Xander should slap her NOW, after last week's episode.

Anya caused those kids to get killed, sure, which prompted Buffy to go attempt to kill her.

But what about Spike?

Of course I love the character and would never want anything to happen to him....but by last week's episode, it was pretty evident that he'd been munching around. Did Buffy dust him? Her argument of course would be that he was being controlled, it wasn't necessarily his fault, but if he can be controlled once, he can be controlled again.

Regardless, if I was Xander, I'd be all: "....waittaminute! Weren't you about to ice my ex a few weeks ago? And you're letting this asshole live? IN MY HOUSE?!?!"

Guest Max Danger

Just bumping this up so people can make their comments on tonight's show.

UPN Buffy Site Preview says...

Never Leave Me

After giving Spike a brutal third degree about his recent malevolent deeds, Buffy and the gang then kidnap and grill Andrew in a desperate effort to learn more about the growing evil forces that surround them all.

Guest Mole
Just bumping this up so people can make their comments on tonight's show.

UPN Buffy Site Preview says...

Never Leave Me

After giving Spike a brutal third degree about his recent malevolent deeds, Buffy and the gang then kidnap and grill Andrew in a desperate effort to learn more about the growing evil forces that surround them all.

Sounds interesting...

Guest Ripper
By the way.  I was just watching my season 2 DVD today and watched Becoming part one.  After watching that, I wish even more that Xander had smacked Buffy for getting all high and fucking mighty on him on "Anya" this season.  "I Killed Angel... blah blah blah..."  but when it was Angel, everyong acted like Xander was being a ass.

Xander should slap her NOW, after last week's episode.

Anya caused those kids to get killed, sure, which prompted Buffy to go attempt to kill her.

But what about Spike?

Of course I love the character and would never want anything to happen to him....but by last week's episode, it was pretty evident that he'd been munching around. Did Buffy dust him? Her argument of course would be that he was being controlled, it wasn't necessarily his fault, but if he can be controlled once, he can be controlled again.

Regardless, if I was Xander, I'd be all: "....waittaminute! Weren't you about to ice my ex a few weeks ago? And you're letting this asshole live? IN MY HOUSE?!?!"

And not even Spike...she tried to win the argument with the whole Angel thing. Angel killed Miss Calender, Killed host of people around town...AND...I don't know...tried to destroy the freakin world...got Kendra killed and tourtured Giles. ANd she was still all " We have to try the cure"

For all they know, Anya punished men that had scorned women...sure. But besides that, she has nearly died trying to protect the world... well mostly Xander... plenty of times, and since she had come back to the vengence fold, she hadn't done much...according to Halfrek. It was just to much hypocricy in one scene for me.

By the way I am still kind of pissed that they killed off Halfrek without Spike getting a chance to beat the shiot out of her at least once. Or telling her how he bad she had hurt him or something. They just let her die.

Guest Kingpk

If Joss (or Marsters) doesn't get SOME recognition for this season, I will have lost all faith in Hollywood.

I REFUSE to sit through reruns until this season picks back up, I REFUSE!

Guest Youth N Asia

Another good episode.

The Big Bad has been established, The First Evil. From the season 3 Christmas episode "Amends."

This could be a good one...cause The First Evil can pretty much have anyone/anything do it's work for it.

I'd like to see a huge buildup though and have the final final showdown in season 8...if it makes it that far. They could carry this one over 2 seasons, but people will have to die to keep it going. The possibilities are really endless with this one.

Next week is a rerun though. Thoughts?

Guest Cavi

I agree that this was a good episode. Drew Goddard is showing he is up to the task in regards to writing (the first ep he did was "Selfless" earlier this season).

I got a laugh out of the stuff with Xander, Anya, and Andrew (especially when Anya slapped him).

Needs to be said yet again - James Marsters is god. I liked his scenes with Buffy tonight.

When I realized who the baddies who broke into Buffy's house were, I marked out. Cool to see those guys again. I'm not surprised that it's The First. I, along with some others, were thinking that since the season premiere. Good nonetheless.

Whoa @ the Watcher's Council building blowing up. I didn't see that coming. That baddie that was raised up at the end looked like some severely messed up, uber version of the Master. And what's up with Principal Wood? We thought he was going to be evil at first, and it looks like he may really be just that, but who knows.

As you pointed out, Asia, they have a lot of stuff they could do here. Sucks that we will have so long for the next episode, though.

Guest Youth N Asia

I think I called him first on being evil :)

Anyway I like the idea that he could be bad...hiring Buffy so he could keep tabs on her...although he might be a good guy, who's doing the same, just keeping hush hush about Jon. He knows more then he leads on, good tv.

The Watcher bulding caught me offgaurd too...now the faces don't appear to stand a chance.

The First, they can bring back EVERYONE that died, like the possibilites of that...I like that they're playing to the die hard fans who've been into the show a while.

They've killed off a few b characters so far this year.

how long are they on hiatis? I might go through withdrawls.

Guest Cavi

Yeah, they do seem to be playing to the long time fans with this stuff.

The next episode isn't until the first week of January. The 7th, I believe.

Guest Ripper

I think they are outta here until January like Angel (the Holidays are going to SUCK for my TV watching)

Yep. Drew Goddard has more than proved himself. He has done Selfless, co wrote Conversations with Dead People and now this one...3- for freakin 3 in my book.

Week after week Marsters has given me more and more to be excited about. Of course I am a Marsters mark (I still thought that he deserved SOMETHING for his "I might be loves bitch" speech in season 3) but dammit, that guy is the man.

I don't think that Robin Wood is evil. I think he is up on the Hellmouth activity and was just burying Jonathan (Jeebus, I never thought Danny Strong was THAT little...that guy is the ) . He went down stairs with a kinda not again look on his face. He knows there is evil and his doing his part to keep it covered up...Snider style(Snider wasn't really evil...well not in the hellmouth sense...he was hired to keep quiet the happenings in Hell High and did his job).

Yes, the Watcher building going up was a "Holy Hell" moment if I had never seen one. Right after Travers big, "Its On MO-FO" speech to the troops...I do like how they used all the same watchers from that season 5 episode when they were there testing Buffy. Continuity...it seems to be this years theme.

And the New and Improved Master...thank God. I say thank god because I just couldn't really believe that the Master, the same one that a 16 year old unexperienced Buffy took out in about 20 minutes, was a viable threat. Now you get a new and improved one...I can take that...BTW...whats with all evil must wear leather rule? I mean seriously..."You want to see what a real Vampire looks like?"... out he pops all leather clad. I guess it was to get the point that it was The Master over but jeebus. Faith and Angels pants, Evil Willows outfit...Spikes coat... Leather= EVIL.

Awesome episode. Does this confirm Giles' death?

Also, I've got a question. My tv went on the fritz after Buffy called the Watcher's Council, what was said immediately after the phone call?

Ironic that the next new episode of Buffy is the same day that Season 3 is released on DVD. I know that I'll be watching "Amends" over again that day.

Dames

Guest Max Danger

So is that new Vampire that the First brought up, The Master? That's what I was thinking as it was happening and after he said "You want to see what a real Vampire looks like?", but it didn't look the same. I'm going to assume it is, but it won't be the same without the same person doing the talking for it(if it can even talk).

But I dunno if I'm going to be able to handle the next month. No Angel or Buffy. Jesus. Far too long.

Guest Madmartigan21
Also, I've got a question. My tv went on the fritz after Buffy called the Watcher's Council, what was said immediately after the phone call?

I believe you UPN screwed up, because the exact same thing happened to me.

Sign in to follow this