TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

Guest RavishingRickRudo

They dedicated WAY too much Caleb-time to First-Buffy-time. I mean, they TEASE us with all the incarnations of the big bads at the beginning but get fuckin cheap and just have Gellar do double duty. Sup wit fuckin dat?

Guest Youth N Asia

I liked Caleb...seemed too rushed though. I would have liked him to show up earlier...maybe in a smaller role

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

They didn't tease anything in the first episode.

As you'll recall the first morphed back from Warren into all the people...and ended with Buffy.

It pretty much told you right there in the first episode.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

If Caleb had shown up earlier (I just had this conversation minutes ago...that's funny) he would have gotten old. He would have either been standing around doing NOTHING for episode after episode OR would have been made to look incredibly weak by not beating Buffy for months on end.

Guest Youth N Asia

I think Caleb could have worked earlier if they'd just waited a little while to show his real power. Where you know he's evil...but you don't know he can kick serious ass.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

No, it seemed like inserting Buffy as the last morph was a cute lil spin, not a "ok, this is who the first will be the whole freakin time"

"The First can represent all of Buffys past enemies" was a TEASE. I mean, did he/it become Glory _at all_ after that?? Glory, the woman responsible for Buffys death and Dawns birth.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Why would it become things that Buffy's already defeated?

Why would that intimidate her?

It became Drusilla to fuck with Spike and the Mayor to fuck with Faith.

Doing those for Buffy wouldn't have done jack shit.

Now...becoming Buffy for Buffy makes more sense since being the slayer is the only thing that Buffy could never defeat...and it's also what gave her the idea for how to defeat even that and end the show.

I have to side a bit with RRR here. Glory could have fucked with Dawn...

Plus, I'm sure Buffy would have been intimidated by the person who killed her. You saw how she wigged out way back in Season 2 when she thought that Master was going to be brought back. People who kill Buffy....intimidate her.

Dames

Guest Cavi

I have said it before, but FE as Jenny messing with Giles would have OWNED.

One idea that I thought would have been pimp was if it had shifted through various people in the final battle. Like one minute it was Master, and then the next it was Joyce talking shit to Buffy.

Guest BorneAgain
I have said it before, but FE as Jenny messing with Giles would have OWNED.

One idea that I thought would have been pimp was if it had shifted through various people in the final battle. Like one minute it was Master, and then the next it was Joyce talking shit to Buffy.

I had this great idea where at one point the First would morph into all the people the scoobies lost as a friend, family member or lover. First Jesse (Xander), then Ms. Calendar (Giles), Halfrek (Anya), Joyce (Dawn), Tara (Willow), and to finally top it off it would appear as Angel (Buffy). Man that would have ruled.

No one would have remember Jesse though, unless they were DIE HARD fans from the beginning.

Also, I heard somewhere (it might have been this thread) that Amber Benson was asked to be The First in CWDP, but she declined because she said that it would have been too cruel for Willow.

Dames

Guest BorneAgain
No one would have remember Jesse though, unless they were DIE HARD fans from the beginning.

True, but they could have somebody like Spike ask who Jesse is and then have Xander or Willow explain it. Contrived I know, but it could have worked.

The reason I chose Jesse was because Xander hadn't really lost anybody important up till then. Well Buffy died, but that didn't count.

Guest Cavi

That definitely would have ruled with those people. If anybody, I thought FE would have turned into Angel. Would have been a nice little swerve of sorts.

Guest Lil Naitch

Didn't Joss want to bring Tara back for real, but Amber declined because it would have demeaned Tara's death?

Guest Youth N Asia

Xander didn't mourn Jesse's death too long, but you knew he was going to get it. He wasn't in the main credits.

Guest Ripper

Also, I heard somewhere (it might have been this thread) that Amber Benson was asked to be The First in CWDP, but she declined because she said that it would have been too cruel for Willow.

Dames

Nah, her and the contract negotiations fell through around the time when they were supposed to shoot the show so they had to go another direction. But it did allow for that girl (I can't remember her characters name) to be on the show again. That girl was one HELL of a actress.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Nah, her and the contract negotiations fell through around the time when they were supposed to shoot the show so they had to go another direction. But it did allow for that girl (I can't remember her characters name) to be on the show again. That girl was one HELL of a actress.

Cassie, as played by Azura Skye. I'm glad they ended up having to use her instead of Tara. There was already enough going on in that ep--Tara would have been overload.

The First was underused as a psychological attacker for sure. The moments it did bust out as Jonathan or the Mayor were great, but for a villain whose main hook was that it could do that...well, disappointing, as has been said. It's the standard problem for season 7--though a lot of the stuff the writers did was GREAT, it could have been even greater.

Guest Youth N Asia

It would have been much better had they used Tara...seemed like it just had to happen, but didn't

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I loved that Willow wasn't allowed to see Tara because she'd killed people.

It also made the firsts' atempt to get Willow to kill herself better.

Guest Ripper

Fuck Holden, and The Dawn experience...even the whole Willow scene. When Cassie hits the switch and goes from caring friend to God damn evil, she stole the show.

Guest Youth N Asia
I loved that Willow wasn't allowed to see Tara because she'd killed people.

It also made the firsts' atempt to get Willow to kill herself better.

Well that was just The First anyway...who's to say that it was a legit reason. I'm pretty sure that's the only Xanderless episode ever.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Holden OWNED Cassie. OWNED her like a bread box.

With The First and its morphing power they had near infinite possibilities. The ghosts of Buffy's past haunting her reminding her that she will never be free from being a slayer and that it's never really over. They could have done some really cool stuff with that...

But instead they just have MORE BUFFY~! YAY!

Guest Mole

This is something that everyone will argue about forever.

The First could of done so much more, but like bps said, everything fit the overall storyline pretty well.

Guest Youth N Asia

Yeah, for the First friggin Evil you'd think it could have done more. And wouldn't have kept need time to regroup as it did on the show.

Guest Cavi

I don't like how the FE mythos changed. In "Amends", they made it clear that it was like everything evil, everywhere, etc. But then this past season, it had to like regroup and whatnot, like Youth pointed out. And at times, it seemed like it could see and hear everything (like when it knew Andrew was wired and then appeared as Zombie Jonathan to the Scoobies), but then in the next ep, it would just be like chilling out or whatever. Wouldn't it have known what the Scoobies every move was?

Maybe we will see more of the Holden actor on Angel this season since he is one of the lead scientists at W&H.

Sign in to follow this