TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

The Beast just totally owns the Ubervamps. Doesn't help that the Ubies turned into one-hit-and-they're-done-for jobbers in the final episode.

The Beast would have bowled over the Ubervamps. That also bugged me, it took Buffy forever to kill the first one, but the SITS were dusting them left and right in the final with the little training they had.

That didn't bother me too much because they didn't really know how to kill it at first. Then they did all of that training, and knew exactly how to kill them.

It didn't bother me that much because I could tell it was just the ME team finally getting to do that huge action finale they never really had the budget to do. Seasons 3 and 4 ended with some big fights, but they were both low on numbers and gloss. I was willing to concede a bit of internal logic for the chance to go out with a bang.

Still, I would have liked it better had there been, say, a mix of bringers and Ubervamps. The bringers are basically human, so I'd have no problem with the girls roasting and toasting them, with the Ubervamps maybe taking a bit longer. I still don't know why they were so dumb as to go down into the Hellmouth before Willow did the empowerment spell, aside from "it'll be much cooler if there's danger in the face of logic!"

And the girls weren't really dusting as many as they were kicking their asses. Anya dusting two was a bit of a stretch, but he, she deserved it after what was coming next.

And yes, the Beast did rock. I'll go on to say that the fight between the beast, angel, lorne, wesley and Gun was the best damn fight I have seen on either show.

YEAH! Wes and his GUNS! BIATCHES!!!

That was a killer sequence. It totally made the Beast into something big time. I mean, you'd think that Wes would like bring out something mystical or some shit like that...oh no... he brings out the guns.

It was the shotgun from no where that made me mark out HARD. There was litarally no where that gun could have come from. The 2 9's...that scene made me a BIG Wesley mark.

Nah, that's part of its charm. It's a frickin' juggernaut. We did open separate topics for the end-of-Buffy remembrances and the episode poll, but I think it's cool that everything else is crammed in here. The discussions go all over the place.

Oh, and Youth, I took the liberty of doing a final count: Passion had 13 votes, Becoming Pt. II had 3. DAMN YOU, JENNY CALENDAR'S NECK!

Oh, and Youth, I took the liberty of doing a final count: Passion had 13 votes, Becoming Pt. II had 3. DAMN YOU, JENNY CALENDAR'S NECK!

But Jenny's broken neck owned!

Well, yeah. But 13-3 owned. Poor, poor season finale. We hardly knew ye.

Sidenote: I've been watching Season 5 on the syndicated weekend re-runs, and I'm getting antsy for those DVDs. Has anyone seen any updates on what's going to be on them anywhere?

Yeah, I know it's coming out December 9th. I was just hoping somewhere would have some more info on the commentaries, see if they've added anything to the Region 2 sets.

Wes with a shotgun? Now I can't wait for my DVD to come.

Passion won the episode tournment.

What, no final score?

Sorry I was in a rush to post it, work is killing me this week.

Bah...Cordy was on Kimmel but I forgot about it. Fred (from Angel) was on Tom Green tonight and I happened to catch it. Although some dickhead rap group who was on earlier was still there and doing their best to get all the attention.

Sign in to follow this