TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

Guest TUS_02

SMG lets them use her face is in game cover, but doesn't do the voice of the title character? WTF?

This game comes out on ALL systems, right?

So, in a flight of idiocy, I watched all three Jurassic Park movies last night. Remember in The Lost World, the British couple on the beach at the beginning? The father is Robin Sachs, aka Ethan Rayne. Now we know why all the dinosaurs are such kooky hell-raisin' customers after all.

I'm kinda interested in the game. I hear the first one was pretty solid. Anyone actually play it?

Guest TUS_02
I'm kinda interested in the game. I hear the first one was pretty solid. Anyone actually play it?

I played it for a little bit, but my roommate picked it up and played it for 3 days straight before beating it. It was alright, nothing spectacular... kinda pulling random shit out.

But this new one looks much better, as its based on an actual storyline, and you can actually be most of the Scooby Gang.

Just went through my Buffy season 3 DVD set. Watched Restless and Hush with commentary, as well as the extras. Definatly the best put together set so far.

And season 4 rules...no matter what yous guys say.

I have the first Buffy game on Xbox. It's quality stuff. I think it's the best beat 'em up of the past two gaming generations. I know that really isn't saying much at all considering what the genre has turned into, but it's a good game nonetheless.

It does not use the same engine as the Bruce Lee title. It uses the Slayer Engine, created and used exclusively by the game's developer, The Collective. It should be noted that they did not develop the new Buffy game though. Eurocom did. They used their own engine which can be seen in NightFire and Harry Potter. It is said to be very similar to the first Buffy title, and after viewing videos of it, I can attest to that. PS2 was the main SKU though, so the word is that Xbox version doesn't look as good as its predecessor. They should have just gotten The Collective to do the game again, as with a new developer, I kind of fear they might mess up the nice fighting engine.

Everybody except for Sarah and Alyson lent their voices to Chaos Bleeds. SMG didn't do the first either, but Aly did, so that is disappointing she didn't return. I have yet to hear Robin Sachs (Ethan) in any videos yet, but since they said everybody is in there...he better be in there.

I don't think Giles is in, as I have seen no mention of him. He was in the first.

The game is indeed coming out for all three consoles.

And I'm a fan of Season Four.

I heard that the Buffy Xbox game had the same engine as the Bruce Lee game... which really, really, really, really sucked. So I have yet to play it.

Um...where did you hear that?

Buffy was a great game with a great engine.

It would be wierd for a game that got universal losey reviews (Bruce Lee) and a game that pretty much got universal very good reviews (Buffy) to use the same engine.

If the reviews are good for the game, I will buy it. The only game I buy every year is Madden, but this looks like another game that I will get.

Guest Sakura

Yeah, the first is good. Not like a great game or anything, but it's better than other next gen beat em ups.

Now if they'd make 2 player co-op and get rid of all the RPG and Adventure elements they could be on to something.

I am sure that will come about someday.

Anyway I've watched the first 12 episodes of Angel season 4, so I have seen the whole season. One thing that I noticed about it is the fact that every single episode ends in a twist. I know season 1 wasn't like this, but was 2 and 3 like this too? It is pretty sweet and kind of weird at the same time.

One thing that doesn't make any sense is the whole deal with Cordy being the Beast's master. Cordy was acting like that because Jasmine was controlling her, but if Jasmine wanted world peace, then why would she want the Beast/Angelus to wreck havoc? That doesn't make any sense, unless I am missing something.

A small spoiler about Angel, something that was true about a certain character on the show.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

"Angel" (1999/I) playing "Harmony Kendall" in episode: "Conviction" (episode # 5.1) 8 October 2003

I am sure that will come about someday.

Anyway I've watched the first 12 episodes of Angel season 4, so I have seen the whole season. One thing that I noticed about it is the fact that every single episode ends in a twist. I know season 1 wasn't like this, but was 2 and 3 like this too? It is pretty sweet and kind of weird at the same time.

One thing that doesn't make any sense is the whole deal with Cordy being the Beast's master. Cordy was acting like that because Jasmine was controlling her, but if Jasmine wanted world peace, then why would she want the Beast/Angelus to wreck havoc? That doesn't make any sense, unless I am missing something.

I don't know. She said that they were all signs that were necessary for her being able to be born, so I guess that would make sense. The beast basically blotted out the sun, and took out Wolfrom and Hart...that all sounds pretty apocolypsey.

I took it as she wanted to bring more pain and misery on the city of LA so that the people would be more willing to bow down to someone offering a end to it all.

They should of just kept the Beast around, but with Jasmine being around it did get rid of Connor.

Connor might have been annoying as fuck, but he was a badass.

I liked Conner as a baby. Would have been interesting to see Angel try and raise a son in the world he lives in.

I wasn't into Conner after he grew up and became this little badass who takes on Angel. Wes, Gunn, and Groo his first day back and is able to hold them off...come on.

And he got Dawnnoying near the end of the season.

You can't look at it in the traditional sense of "each season has a big bad" - the storyline was the Connor Saga and Season 4 was the climax to it.

Jasmine would have gave the world peace, but at what price? People became slaves to her, they gave up free will. This, in turn, relates to fate.

Gotta go, think about it, I'll be back later.

He fucked Angel up a few times too. I especially loved in the previous season how he pretended he wanted to learn to fight from Angel, just so he could learn his moves for the double cross. Genius.

I liked Connor. I have never had a problem with a agnsty character if they have a reason to be angsty. Dude had a HARD life and it was understandable that he would be like that. On most other shows, they would have done the cop out where he would see that Angel was good and all would have been well. But he had been raised to hate this man. Everyone around him was full of lies. He lived in a hell dimension. Of course he would be full of self loathing. I found it really intresting that he was never under Jasmines spell but was ready to embrace it if it meant that he could KNOW that he was loved. It was sad really.

And Jasmine, although she might rank low on the big bad list, the questions that she poised were something. At the cost of a few thousand lives and servitude, the world would have peace. The second her spell was broken (yay?) anarchy was all over the streets of the once peaceful LA. That was the REWARD for beating her? Her storyline left the heros torn about if they did the right thing or not. Good TV if ya ask me.

And the last scene with Angel and Conner...GREAT TV.

Sign in to follow this