TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

Even though Jasmine didn't get world peace, she did give Connor something that he would never have; a nice family life. I know she didn't do it, but the events leading up from the whole season with her caused it to happen.

I believe in life that everything happens for a reason, and everything in Angel works like that. That is why I like the season so much, even though Jasmine was kind of a weak Big Bad.

I liked the season finale. It was kinda "restless" in a way as the main arc was over and there was this show left.

Ahh...season 5.

The fourth best of all the seasons.

*Ducks things lobbed at him by various people*

Dunno, I might agree with that...although I'm a major mark for season 4...so people tend not to take me seriously.

5 loses points cause the debut of Dawnnoying.

After rewatching season 4 on DVD I have become a big fan of it too.

I guess season 5 is technically the one I'm least familiar with...but I've still seen all the eps...most more than once.

I'll have to wait until the DVDs are released to give it it's fair shake I suppose.

I mean...season 4 got a hell of alot better this time through.

1) Season 5 Buffy owns everything ever. You shall all understand that when the DVD comes out, or I decide to do the Season 5 write-up...

2)Dawn got really annoying in Season 6 - the early Dawn was supposed to be annoying so in that case -job well done- but by the end in The Gift her character had evolved into something more tolerable. In The Body you (or at least I) felt for her as Buffy told her the truth, plus her and Spike had good chemistry and it really helped mold his character. Add that to the brilliant overall arc of Glory/Ben and how Dawn and Ben parallelled eachother and were created because of Glory - yet it was Dawn who was willing to give up her life to save the world she had every reason to hate rather than Ben who did a big heel turn and was in it for himself.

3)The Season 4ngle finale was the end to a story-arc, it just wasn't your typical big bad story-arc. It was the end of the Connor-arc, and it was awesome. It deals with Fate and Free Will, and if we are bound by fate do we really have free will? Angel, the show, gives us different messages about this and it's really quite the head-scratcher (probably the deepest moral/meta-physical question the Whedonverse has ever given us).

Connor is the personification of fate as everything he is and does has been decided for him - from his birth to his death to his child. This is much like the Dawn/Ben scenario, but a bit deeper and more enriched, where Connor has a hard time coping with his 'mystical' existance and ultimately is unable to live that life (whereas Dawn was able to, and Ben really, really, tried to). This universe that Joss has created is a very strange and very fictional one, but it still lies in truth. How would any of us handle anything like this?? It's no coincidence that both Connor and Dawn were teenagers when all this happens to them as that's traditionally the most confusing time of life where you're developing who you are - throw in "Everything I know is a lie" and you have two fucked up characters. This, in turn, relates to Buffy as she is the ultimate survivor of fate who was able to rise above it all and also deal with growing up. Dawn was able to, but Ben and Connor were not - it's a nice lil message from Joss to all the boys ;)

...there's more, I'll get to it later.

Edited by RavishingRickRudo

GOD DAMN. I just became inspired to finish my season one, the unplagerized version, write up just because of that post.

That is why RRR rocks. he 0wns each and everyone of your faces (I have to keep it going until Dangerous A gets back)

You haven't finished season 1 article?

Well, I didn't exactly write the summary parts and Dames is all "I don't want to get sued" (pussy) so I have to redo most of it. It won't take long, but noone seems to be in a hurry so I've been loafing.

You haven't finished season 1 article?

Well, I didn't exactly write the summary parts and Dames is all "I don't want to get sued" (pussy) so I have to redo most of it. It won't take long, but noone seems to be in a hurry so I've been loafing.

Where'd you get them from?

Sunnydaleslayers.com

They never update, but it was the site that got me caught up when I first got into my Buffy love. I gave them props at the bottom of the thing I wrote for all of you that did read it.

There are better sites, but I like that one as it served its purpose for me. Now I REALLY have to write a real write up on season one, and since Ihave seen RRR writeing style, and knows that there will be competition, I am about to BRANG IT!!

I didn't like Connor much either, cept for the Faith eps. where he and Gunn were chumy - but overall he annoyed me greatly.

BUT, the end convo between Angel and Connor is FANTASTIC. You have to watch it again to get a full grasp of it.

..the same could be said for season 4ngle. It's main problem was that it had too many twists and turns - it went from The Beast, to Angelus, to Cordy, to Jasmine in a very short time frame, so it's hard to get a full grasp of it all in one showing. They really didn't need Angelus and Cordy, Jasmine and The Beast would have done just fine on their own. Though Angelus was a delight.

Guest TUS_02

Going back to Buffy...

Helpless is on right now on F/X and they completely cut out Giles injecting Buffy with that potion. Does FX normally edit shit out like that?

Sign in to follow this