TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7

Groo (short for Grusalog sp?) was Cordys boytoy. There was a 2 part eps. where AI is sent to find someone who was trapped in another world (Who turned out to be Fred). This other world was Pylia (Lornes homeworld). It turned out that Cordy was their queen/princess, or something, and had to fuck/marry/whatever the beast/grusalog. She was reluctant because she thought it was a hiddeous beast, while it turned out to be a handsome guy - who also was a great warrior. They picked up Fred and left Pylia, and a some eps. later Groo showed up in LA. This was about the same time Angel discovered his feelings for Cordy. Then it turns out that Cordy loves Angel, Groo knew it and left. In reality he's in another series.

FX always cuts out little bits here and there. I will be waiting for a specific line and then they skip it and I will weep. It's really bad when the edit is during a scene with some big musical piece, since it can obviously be heard then (like just yesterday at the end of "Amends" when Buffy and Angel are walking through snowy Sunnydale).

And the last scene with Angel and Conner...GREAT TV.

BUT, the end convo between Angel and Connor is FANTASTIC.  You have to watch it again to get a full grasp of it.

Word to that.

I remember in "Graduation Day Pt 2" they cut out when Buffy kicks the table and squeezes the helmet.

When does voting start for Thanksgiving Buffy Marathon?

I for one hated Groo. He was like a nice Anya. The only reasn Anya is so loveable was because she was a tactless asshole with a heart of gold...well...sorta. Groo was just ignorant, was cock blocking Angel, we KNEW the relationship was going nowhere, and his eyes were stupid...okay that isn't the most intelligent insult of the relationship but still.

I still wish they would have explained where he went though. And why Gunn and Fred never mentioned him again(they never saw Cordy to know that she and Groo broke up, so for all they know, Angel, Groo and Cordy just never came back to the hotel...yet no one said "Where the fuck is Groo?"

I liked Groo being a hapless idiot. He was a strong fighter, but just didn't get things (like Anya)

You telling me you didn't laugh when Cordy dressed him up to look just like Angel?

I liked Groo being a hapless idiot. He was a strong fighter, but just didn't get things (like Anya)

You telling me you didn't laugh when Cordy dressed him up to look just like Angel?

Yeah I laughed. I laughed at alot of his lines. But always just seemed like a Anya knock off only nicer and with BIGASS blue eyes.

18 Aug 2003

Carpenter Speaks About Angel

Charisma Carpenter, who won't be returning as a regular cast member on The WB's Angel, spoke for the first time about her abrupt departure in an interview with the Boston Herald and said she was as shocked as anyone. "I was not prepared," Carpenter told the newspaper. "I don't think you're ever prepared for that kind of situation."

Carpenter played the acid-tongued Cordelia Chase for three years on Buffy the Vampire Slayer before moving over to The WB's spinoff series. "Seven years, that's a long time," she said. "I started that show. To not be finishing it is a pretty big deal for me. They went back to work on July 24. ... On that day I thought, 'Oh, today is officially my first day of unemployment.'"

Last spring, Carpenter returned to Angel just 10 days after giving birth to her son, Donovan, and spent two long days on the set, wrapping up the season, the newspaper reported. She said she is absolutely willing to return to the series to provide closure to her character's story arc and bring Cordy out of the coma in which she remained during last season's finale. "I think it would be incomplete if it wasn't addressed but I don't know what's being planned," she said. "I haven't heard anything. As we speak today, there are no plans for me to come back."

---------------------------------

found this, thought I'd pass it along

Nah, for some reason I don't think that is true. Joss said he would love to have Cordy back, it was all up to her. Joss would want closure with her too, so I smell something fishy here.

Yeah, I read that the other day about Charisma. She also said that while she is quite upset over it, she believes Joss will not disappoint in terms of the storyarc. I wonder what the real deal is. I really hope she does return, as she can't go out like she did!

In other Whedonverse news, word going around the net today is that Eliza's new Fox show Tru Calling has been pushed back to midseason or later. There will be some more recasting (this is the third time, I believe) and the pilot and episodes filmed thus far will be reshot. Ouch.

Taking its fall timeslot is...none other than Marti Noxon's own show, Still Life.

What is Marti's show about?

I haven't read much on it, but I know the main concept is that a deceased member of the show's family is the narrator. Have heard that it's Sixth Sense-ish.

Why? Because there wasn't a post for one day? Grumble, grumble.

Um... let me add something that could liven the talk again.

Buffy's the first show, in television history, where the lead actress was hot BUT the supporting female characters were hotter. That's just unheard of, right?

I would say Blossum because Six was HAWT~! but I don't think anyone would consider Mayum Beachum hot. So lets see.

No...I can't think of any.

Why? Because there wasn't a post for one day? Grumble, grumble.

Um... let me add something that could liven the talk again.

Buffy's the first show, in television history, where the lead actress was hot BUT the supporting female characters were hotter. That's just unheard of, right?

Well it was almost off the first page, the farthest I've seen it in a while.

Sign in to follow this