TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JAxlMorrison

Candlebox

Guest JAxlMorrison

I'm not sure how many of you guys will actually remember em, but I have their first CD and the songs "Far Behind" and "You"? I think it is called are pretty damn good. So my question was has anyone seen or heard anything from them in the past few years?

Guest tominator89

Candlebox's self-titled album kicked ass!!! I know they released another CD, Lucy, but I haven't heard any of it....Other than that, I an interested in what's become of them.

Guest Lethargic
I'm not sure how many of you guys will actually remember em, but I have their first CD and the songs "Far Behind" and "You"? I think it is called are pretty damn good. So my question was has anyone seen or heard anything from them in the past few years?

I hope they crawled back under the rock they came out from under the first time.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

From RollingStone.com

"Candlebox went on to sell more than three million copies; Lucy followed in 1995, but failed to produce a hit."

I guess their 15 minutes of FLAME were up -- HAHAHA I kill me, and after that line so will anyone who reads it...

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I heard a live version of "You" on the radio, and they did a breakdown and went into Voodoo Chile. I almost threw up. Butchery.

Guest evenflowDDT

People actually remember Candlebox? Geez... they were such a generic Seattle band, kind of like all the generic nu-metal bands that are popular now and will be forgotten once this fad ends.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

No, the Nu Metal trend is worse. At least some of that seattle fad had some talent.

Guest goodhelmet

i saw metallica in 1994. opening the show, candlebox. they sucked. i dig 'far behind' but the rest of their music is shite.

Guest Incandenza

Years ago, I was at a pool hall, having been dragged there by some friends in an effort to cheer me up over a recent break up. Anyway, in spite of their good intentions, I was still a miserable bastard. As I opted to sit out a round, I morosely sipped my Coke (I was 18, so no beer) and sulked, when "Far Behind" came on the jukebox. I hated Candlebox, but the run-of-the-mill grunge ballad spoke to me at that moment--it knew my pain.

Suddenly, I imagined the whole scene as it were in a movie, with me, the sullen protaganist looking forlorn while the heartfelt song played in the background. It took me only a couple of seconds to realize what an idiot I was being, but in that brief moment, I related to Candlebox, yes I did.

Guest Kinetic

Well, that happens. In some of my more miserable moments, I've been known to apply an obscene amount of significance to terrible songs. It's never been Candlebox-level bad, nor have I ever found myself thinking, "Y'know, I tried so hard and got so far but in the end it doesn't even matter" but it has happened.

I actually heard some longhaired guy cranking Candlebox at CD Warehouse a couple of weeks ago. It was weird, all thing considered. I haven't seen him since, so the forces of emo that control that store must have taken him out.

Guest Kinetic

I'm sure they did. Rather than playing air guitar, though, they'd practice their emoting in the mirror to "Far Behind." Once they discovered Weezer, though, it was all over. They decided that listening to anything more sonically adventurous would be a futile gesture. I really need to interview these emo twats. I want to find out what makes them tick.

Guest converge241

There are some emo bands that SOUND like candlebox!!!

piebald, when opening for Zao/Juliana Theory