TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoreyLazarus416

Bdoy Count

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I've been listening to Body Count a lot lately...what the fuck ever happened to them? I know they released a second album after their s/t (which was only popular because of the song "Cop Killer," which the mass media and too many conservative groups misinterpreted), but I haven't heard about these guys outside of the VH1 specials about 1992 and Ice-T and such.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Beatmaster B (the drummer) died. I'm not sure if they stopped completely after that, but he is dead.

Guest Black Lushus

They came out with a follow up album in 1994, Born Dead, which was OK, then in 97 i think it was they came out with an album called The Last Days which was also OK. that's about the last I've heard from them. the first album is probably the best.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

"There goes the neighborhood" was a pretty good track.

If they did a comeback kind of deal, I bet they'd sell a decent amount of albums, since the whole rap/rock blend is still in vogue somewhat.

Guest converge241

I saw them live years ago @ the Strand

awful awful stuff

the 1st album is fun to throw on once in a while

except for "Voodoo Bitch"

"MY eye!!! bitch!" lol

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"MY eye!!! bitch!" lol

Oh, the lyrics to Voodoo -- such insight.

Funny enough, I bought Body Count after seeing "There Goes the Neighborhood" on MTV (I know I'm dating myself since MTV actually showed videos a decade ago). Anyway, I got it before all the Cop Killer debate, so when people found out I had "That Song" I was pretty much a God (Must have recorded a dozen or so albums).

Anyway, don't forget other classics like KKK Bitch (I feel in love with Tipper Gore's two 12-year old nieces -- lol) and Evil Dick.

Their next 2 albums weren't too good, imo...