TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Badd Company

Randy Savage has gone completely senile.......

Guest Badd Company

From the Torch website................

"Sources report that WWA owner Andrew McManus initially offered Savage a percentage of the company rather than meet Savage's $5 million per year asking price."

Savage thinks he is worth 5 million a year?  Somebody really needs to shoot this guy.  Sure, I grew up watching him and admiring his work, but he needs put out of his misery when he is asking 5 times the amount Hogan goes for. Sad, sad, sad.......

Guest Tony149

Damn! That's a lot of money for a guy who can't take his finisher right because it hurts his hip. The WWA was smart not to give in.

Guest Shaved Bear

does any wrestler come close to making that much...and to expect so much from a non-WWF fed right now is just plain idiotic

Guest Some Guy

$5 MILLION!!  my freaking God!  I am a Savage mark but shit this guy is about 50 years old and his knee is all messed up.  He was hurting guys with the elbow (that's where DDP's taped ribs came from in 98)  because he needed to protect his knee.  

I admire how tough he is and how good he was, but he just ain't gonna draw enough to cover his salary.  McManus would have been really stupid to give it to him.  $500,000 is more appropriate IMO.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

I'm guessing Savage already has $$$'s, doesn't especially want to wrestle again, and just threw a figure at the WWA on the chance they might accept.

Props to the WWA for not paying him, but I'd go further and not employ him. If they seriously want to be a WWF alternative, signing old WWF 80's stars is *not* the way to do it.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"What's next? The Warrior calling the WWA for $6 million? "

No, he would want $10 million.

Guest dreamer420

That is a ripoff.  Savage was probably hoping that he would have to work one show, the company would tank, and he would collect his money for sitting at home.

Guest Risk

Maybe these old guys should use their money to start their OWN promotion.  I'd like to see Savage and Steamboat start a promotion as co-owners, it would be great.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

What's Ricky Steamboat doing at the moment? Actually, that gives me an idea for a thread :)

Guest Human Fly

I give him credit for throwing that insane number out there just on the off chance that they would accept. Savage should take what he can get (I wouldn't give him much) and retire. Whatever happened to that challenge he threw out at Hogan on 1Bob? Hopefully it's in the toilet where it belongs.

Guest Tony149
Whatever happened to that challenge he threw out at Hogan on 1Bob? Hopefully it's in the toilet where it belongs.

Hogan declined. Saying his Dad was ill and he wanted to spend time with him. Savage still gave a lot of money to charity even though the match never was accepted.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

*sniff*

It's so sad to see my all time favorite slipping like this!

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"*sniff*

It's so sad to see my all time favorite slipping like this! "

I know.  Its happening to Bret Hart too.

Guest muswp1

Randy has truly lost his marbles if he thinks that he's worth $5 million of anyone's money.  As for Eskimo's question about Ricky Steamboat, I saw on smarks.com last year that he owned a gym in Hawaii and had no plans to return to wrestling.

Guest SteveIrwin

Ah, so Steamboat is Hawaiian.  I've always thought he was South-East Asian.  Thanks, I've been wondering that for a long time.

Guest Rabies

Steamboat's gyn is in NC. I think Savage really had no intention of wrestling at the WWA PPV in the first place. He just a threw a number out there to see if by chance if they would agree. He knew it was a million to one shot. Almost similiar to what Bret did in 96 with Vince. In the Wrestling with Shadows doc., he said he threw an insanely huge figure at Vince, and he said Ok. And we all know what happened afterwards. And the rest is history.

Guest Slapnuts00

The worst part about this is, the WWA was counting on Savage being one of the main draws, and led them on till the very end, leaving them with no main event and having to rework and slap together part of their show. No class at all, if you have no real interest in working for them, tell them straight out, don't lead them on and then throw out 5 million dollars a day before when you have a verbal agreement, essentially blackmailing them. Low Savage...

Guest Rabies

Weellll, Slapnuts00, that's the biznuss for yuh. Being a wrestler is not like some civil service job or someting.

Guest Risk

I think my Savage/Steamboat idea would be really good.  They had THE ***** of this century at WM III.  Savage represents flamboyant while Steamboat represents the purest of the technical wrestler.  That would be able to topple McMahon and make him better.  If not S/S than maybe Foley and Austin.

Guest J*ingus

$5 million per year is more than any wrestler in history has ever been guaranteed.  Hogan might've made that much money in WCW including merchandise, PPV revenues, and so on, but nobody has EVER had a contract for $5,000,000 a year.  Savage is either delusional, or doesn't want to wrestle anymore unless someone makes it REALLY worth his while.

Guest goodhelmet

i'm glad savage requested that much money. if he keeps it up, it assures me i'll never have to see him wrestle again. his best years are behind him and hasn't had a good match since 1997 (against ddp) and even that was just watchable.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I think what Savage was doing was hoping Vince would see that he was supposedly headling the event and since he was not under contract, would steal him away at the last minute.  It never happened and Savage basically got a little bit of weird publicity for the second time in the last few months (the first being the Hogan challenge).  He's trying to keep his name out there so he can land one last fat contract that entails the least amount of work possible.

Guest Choken One

Well, I'm sure that Rock gets well over 5,000,000 but that includes merch,movies and endorsements. Same for Austin, Flair, and maybe HHH.

Guest Just call me Dan

Damnit I'm really getting aggrevated at all of these once glorious superstars getting reall bad sendoffs.

Bret Hart - lost respect and went down as bitter and got nothing.

Savage - never got a proper sendoff, is throwing insane numbers at everyone, will probably never wrestle his last good match.

Hogan - Should have given up years ago.

Hall - Will probably neer win the workld title, and get canned and retire quietly.

Taker - screwing up his legacy with bad matches and an even worse gimmick.

Flair - may even wreslte the big idiot at WM, and that could be RIC F'N FLAIR'S last match?!? Please no.

It just sucks not everyone can have a decent retirement at least like Foley's.

Savage still rules.

Guest buffybeast

The Rock reportedly made $15 million last year, but as you said, that includes a lot of things.

There is no one right now who gets more than 1-2 million base a year.  Savage is madd!