TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobJohnstone

Why do they let Don West announce?

Guest RobJohnstone

Isn't Don West that guy who tries to sell sports merchandise at like in the in the morning? Why does he have a job? I'd rather have anyone but him announcing. Whats with the gold shirt and tie? Jesus Christ

--Rob

Guest RedJed

Man, if you think he is bad now.........you should have seen the first few weeks of TNA.

For what it's worth, I don't mind him. His excitement for the matches is good and at least he's trying his best to add to the action.

I could care less what he wears either, by the way.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

yeah...I don't care what he wears...

but when he called a powerbomb a bodyslam I cringed a little.

Thankfully Tenay is, quite honestly, the best pbp guy going today.

At least West is trying.

Guest RobJohnstone
Man, if you think he is bad now.........you should have seen the first few weeks of TNA.

For what it's worth, I don't mind him. His excitement for the matches is good and at least he's trying his best to add to the action.

I could care less what he wears either, by the way.

dude, I have only missed 2 weeks ever of tna because I steal cable. I always hated him, and I always thought he sounded real familiar. Then last night it just clicked, he is the annoying asshoile at 4am trying ro sell sports memorabilia. That pisses me off even more. if anything, why doesn't he call really good matches "Gem mint tens" or some shit, as a catch phrase :P

--Rob

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I used to hate when he said "This is the best match ever" or something along that line. He would say it about 10 times a show every week.

Guest The Notorious CRD

I think West has improved a lot by proxy of working Mike Tenay and (for a while) Ferrara. If nothing else, the man has a lot of enthusiasm for the product and sometimes that can make a bad match seem better.

Guest Slapnuts00

I'll take West's hyperbole and genuine enthusiasm for every match and every wrestler over Lawler screaming about puppies and HLA throughout the matches any day...

Guest Jobber of the Week
Thankfully Tenay is, quite honestly, the best pbp guy going today.

I couldn't put up with him during the Special X clip show. During several matches he was shouting at the top of his lungs so loudly it was getting apparent his pipes were going to wear out soon.

Guest pete

He has improved a lot since the beginning. He has a lot of negatives, but shows a lot of excitement for the product that he is watching. He does lose credibility(if you thought he had any) by saying this is the greatest match ever. I do enjoy when he counts the near falls in good matches because he seems to be into the match at hand.When I first heard him I thought he would last 2 weeks tops; but he has showm improvement each week.