TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dmann2000

40 Licks

Guest Dmann2000

Having never owned a Stones album I figured this was a pretty good bet to get. Nice easy way to get all my favorite tracks by them in one collection under 20 bucks

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I'd rather pick up the remaster albums (though it's too bad only the Abco ones got reissued...I'd die for a fancy schmancy copy of Exile or Sticky Fingers.

However, when compared to the ridiculously overpriced Hot Rocks, this collection does look a solid deal, albeit somewhat burdened with unnecessary recent tracks. Nothing after Some Girls needs to be on there, period.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I've got a copy of Hot Rocks on vinyl somewhere.. Really good album, although I'm not a huge Stones fan.

Guest Matt Young
Pick up the Doors greatest hits instead, you'll thank me later

I agree. The Doors are one of the greatest bands of all time... I practically have a shrine to them in my room. Example Uno (pic from a year ago):

Matt%20sitting%20down.jpg

The Stones are overrated. They have a few good songs, but I just never cared for them much. I guess this is not the topic to discuss that, however, as I do not wish to start trouble.

Guest El Satanico

I won't get it. I already have a double disc best of album...i think it's Hot Rocks. It's only the early stuff which is their best stuff so it's all i need

Guest goodhelmet

don't purchase 40 licks. instead, find a copy of beggar's banquet and then let it bleed. your stones search will be complete and you will die a happy man.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

40 Licks is a good start. I'd pick it up if I didn't already have half the songs on their already.

And since the doors were brought into this conversation, I might as well say that I don't know how any Doors fan can say the Stones are overrated. The Stones practically define Rock and Roll. IMO, the Doors are one of the most boring bands ever. I know I just opened up a huge can of worms, but I just had to say it.

Guest mesepher

greatest hits are overrated, why let someone else tell YOU what songs are the best a band has to offer