TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

An odd question

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

When I was...maybe 16? Shawn Micheals won his first world title at WrestleMania from Bret Hart.

And I marked.

I was an HBK fan...he wasn't my favorite wrestler, but a wrestler that I was happy to see win the world title, fake as it all may be.

So my question is this (and this IS THE question that the WWE should be asking itself RIGHT NOW)

Is there a wrestler, on the roster now or not, that has NEVER won the world title...that yuo would legitimitely be happy for?

And why are the two titles being defended against KAne and Taker instead?

Guest El Psycho Diablo

..*pointy*..*pointy*..*pointy*..

..and Eddy. That is all.

Guest BaldFish

RVD, Benoit, Edge, Rey. And Bautista, if he's as good in the ring as his look is intimidating.

Guerrero would be up there too, but he's doing much too well as a tag wrestler right now. Los Guerreros por todos tiempo!

Guest Repo Man jr

RVD. He has good matches, gets a good reaction. If they really let him loose like his overly cocky ECW days it would be great. And something new!

As much as I hate to say this the new tag scene is good for Los Guerreros since I don't see Eddy being pushed to World Title status just yet and other than that he's finished his feud with Edge.

RVD, Edge, Eddy, and Benoit haven't held the WWE Title yet as was said before.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I should have prefaced this by saying that my personal markout moment of the year was Ron Killings winning the NWA title.

Just that simple.

A guy who I connected with and wanted to see succeed, afforded the chance to do so.

It took only 2 months for him to go from nothing, to something that I was really into.

With all their recources, TV time and money, why can't the WWE make me feel that way about one guy?

Instead they seem to take a lot of time making me beleive that the people I like aren't in the same league as HHH and Taker.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Shane Helms. Not Hurricane. Shane Helms.

But also Eddy, Knoble, Booker, Benoit, Chavo, Kidman, Rey

EDIT: add Chuck Palumbo to the list.

Guest DJ Jeff

RVD, Benoit, Mysterio, Booker T and Edge.

Those superstars deserve to be pushed to be the World Champion or WWE Champion one day, and I would mark out if one of them won the title.

Guest HartFan86
BretHart4Ever is that a pic of Bret Hart putting the sharpshooter on HHH? That's awesome!!

Yes. *Dr. Evil Laugh*

Guest goodhelmet

eddy f'n guerrero.

seriously, his winning the world title would be cool on so many levels. it could be a story of a wrestler who battled his demons and came out on top. it's a story of a wrestler who was pigeonholed w/ a stereotypical gimmick and overcame that obstacle. the story of a cruiser who battled he monsters and came out on top. the guy who was left cold when stone cold packed up and went home.

if eddy won the world title, it would work on so many levels. there was a reason the man got a standing ovation last week. maybe because he IS THE wrestler of the year and has made everything he touched turn into solid gold.

Guest midnight_burn

Definately Eddy Guerrero. Benoit as well, he's had a 1 day WCW title reign and 2 phantom WWF title wins, i'd certainly like to see him get a decent run as champion.

Guest Trivia247

Eddy certainly got the experience and should get his first Worlds title for Smackdown.

RVD certainly deserves his first Worlds gold as well on Raw.

with Benoit waiting in the wings.

there isn't too many great wrestlers on the roster that hasn't won a World title to get the World title.

Guest SP-1

Assumming we're talking about something with a good story, and good buildup here . . .

Benoit, Eddy, or RVD.

What I'd really like to see is, and I may get lambasted here, is a feud between a face Benoit and an incredibly heelish Angle, or a hardcore Heel Eddy. Give them at least forty-five minutes, and a very, very close finish. Keep me guessing.

I'd mark out if Benoit won regardless, but I'd likely sprint around my neighborhood naked screaming, "BENOIT IS THE CHAMP!" at the top of my lungs if I got something along those lines.

SP

Guest TheHulkster

Rey Misterio, Booker T, and Kane (Come on, he held it for a freaking day)

Guest Muzz

If the WWE ever regain their senses, I'd love to see Eddy win the thing. My faith in the WWE would be restored if they gave it to him, and not some one day reign where he loses it to Triple H the next night on RAW...

And I love that picture for some reason Hulkster.

Guest nikowwf

Id dance a happy dance if Booker T or Chris Benoit won the world title. (The real one, Brock's belt)

Id also dance a super happy dance if Angle won the world title (i know, hes won before) in a meaningful way over Brock.

Niko

Guest HartFan86

Oh, and BTW...for some reason I would totally mark the fuck out if a Face Chris Jericho won it again (ala against hHh, but for a longer time)

Guest Ram

Not to sound like a bandwagon hopper or anything, but Eddy. I've always marked for him.

RVD would probably rank equally to Eddy, and Benoit would be one half-step below them.

I'd mark if Malenko came back and beat up Knoble and challenged him for the title, but that's just me with false hopes. :(

Guest Youth N Asia

Out of guys who haven't won it...

Tommy Dreamer

Dean Malenko

Eddy

Rhyno...ICW! ICW!

RVD...the only likely one in my group

Benoit

And of course...Mikey

Guest humongous2002

If RVD wins I'll be a happy man, just think about it RVD winning at Wrestlemania the undisouted WWE title(unifying both belts) erasing the brand extension era and starting the 4:20 era.

Guest notJames

In a perfect world, Owen Hart would have been the World Champion. :(

Other than that, nothing would give me more pleasure than to see 1-time... uh, yeah, the 1-time WW_ Champ Booker T holding high the 15 lbs. of gold. Not that he's my favourite wrestler or the most deserving, but he seems like the guy that it would give the most pleasure to win the belt.

Benoit winning it would make the Canadian expatriate in me explode like some kind of exploding Anime cartoon character (Explodey is his name, I think), but I think seeing the look on Booker T's face would give me the same feeling I got when Savage finally stepped out of the Goblin's shadow and won the big one at WMIV.