TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RickyChosyu

A Request for the moderators

Guest RickyChosyu

In the puroresu forrum, there are constantly people posting "recomend me some matches" threads, and it's gotten repative. To remedy this, Black Tiger posted a thread called "Matches to Check out" which saw a bunch of people who frequent the board post a boatload of matches that people need to see. The problem is, the post is just going to get lost with all the other topics, so it would be very nice if someone could pin the topic at the top so that (hopefully) some people will read it and use it as a reference point before they ask the questions that have been answered millions of times.

Thanks in advance.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Here's a more important question (before I go pin the topic)

do any of the mods/admins even go into the puro folder regularly?

I'm just curious, cause if not someone who does should be given mod powers up in there.

Guest RickyChosyu

If the question was aimed at me, I'm afraid I have no idea. However, I hardly ever see them post there, which isn't a very good sign.

If you want to make someone there a mod, there's plenty of guys there who know their stuff, but I would recommend Jubuki, as he's the most knowledgeable one. Whether he, or anyone else there, actually wants the responsibility is hard to say.

Guest MrRant

I would do it as I go and read a lot there but I am no expert. And that would mean Dames would have to give in and give me POWER~!

Guest cobainwasmurdered

*hears "give mod powers. Perks up ears*

Puro? Nevermind

*slinks off to wait till he can make a power grab in a REAL folder*

(jk)

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Yep. I keep my HHHate bottled up inside where it won't hurt my political ambitions.

Guest alfdogg

Yeah, but that was when it was just you, AS, Yodeler and Teke. Trust me...I got no shot in hell now.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
That's a myth.

I'm a HHHater and I'm a mod.

Yeah but no one pays attention to you BPS.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Maybe if I start abusing some power I'll get noticed around here.

Guest Midnight Express83

ABUSE! OF POWER! ABUSE! OF POWER! YOU CAN'T BAN ME! YOU CAN'T! I'M ALREADY BEEN BANNED! IT'S AN ABUSE! OF POWER!

Guest DrTom

I go there a couple times a week to see what's going on. It also helps sate my passing interest in puro and desire to learn some more about it. While I wouldn't be opposed to making one of thr regulars there a mod for that forum, I don't think Jubuki is the best choice. He's obviously knowledgeable, but he's also far too abrasive whenever someone asks a question that might have been answered six months ago.

Guest bob_barron

DJ Jeff mode on

As someone who has never been in or posted in the puro foler before- it would be an honour if I was made a mod. :unsure: :rolleyes: :stupid: :wacko:

DJ mode off

Guest RickyChosyu

Jubuki seems to get the most annoyed when someone asks where they can find a certain type of informtion when pretty much every link that one needs for puroresu knowledge can be found in the "read and don't forget" forlder. I would have to say that I often feel the same. It's just ridiculous that so many people develope a constipation of the brain that forces them to make the three millionth "where can I get *such and such* tape?" thread when there's a link to someone who carries it in the pinned thread.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Jubuki is also the only person I have ever received a complaint about from that folder.

When I asked him to tone it down a little he responded by saying that idiots sill be dealt with idiotically or something like that.

I'd vote no on that one.

Guest Leena
DJ Jeff mode on

As someone who has never been in or posted in the puro foler before- it would be an honour if I was made a mod. :unsure: :rolleyes: :stupid: :wacko:

DJ mode off

:stupid: is my face for Jeffy. Stealing is wrong.

Guest RickyChosyu
Jubuki is also the only person I have ever received a complaint about from that folder.

When I asked him to tone it down a little he responded by saying that idiots sill be dealt with idiotically or something like that.

I'd vote no on that one.

There are a whole lot of idiots there, and to his credit, he still tries to help people even, though he usually gets nothing but a face full of ignorance for his troubles. He's not the most well tempered individual, but he's ridiculously smart and he insights into puroresu that are as intelligent as I've ever seen. Still, I can see your point since he's gotten complaints in the past, even if they are ill-founded complaints.

There are plenty of others who you could give powers to. Tim Crooke, Wolverine, Coffin Surfer, Rolling Chop, and PlatypusFool are definitely knowledgeable and helpful enough. Some of them get into sqabbles with the usual idiots, but they're all reasonable and do their best to educate others.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Round up a list of the regular non-idiot users and then let them vote for the mod.

Guest RickyChosyu

This isn't he definitive list, or anything, but the following guys seem to be regulars and attend the board often enough to deserve say in who gets to moderate it. Just because someone isn't on here doesn't make them an idiot or a non-regular, by the way; more likely, I just forgot to include them:

PlatypusFool

BionicRedneck

RollingChop

Jubuki

wolverine

Evil Ash

Tim Cooke

goodhelmet

XdojimeX

Black Tiger

Dangerous A

Agent of Oblivion

Coffin Surfer

Poll them and see who they'd most prefer, I suppose.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Alright then.

I'm going to send a pm to all these people, and you.

Then I'll add up the replies and see if that person wants to do it.

This should be easy...

let's see where I fuck up.

Guest Midnight Express83

CWM you will NEVER EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER be mod.

By going by that list. Tim, AoO, Redneck, and even you Ricky would make good mods. You all seem to be level headed enough and know alot about he puro side of wrestling.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
CWM you will NEVER EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER be mod.

By going by that list. Tim, AoO, Redneck, and even you Ricky would make good mods. You all seem to be level headed enough and know alot about he puro side of wrestling.

COUGHiamamodjustnotaSUPERmodCOUGH

Guest Midnight Express83

coughIknowbutImeanSUPERmodoverboardandnotjusttwofoldersofmajorpostwhoringcough.

Damn, i need to see a doctor about that.