TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

best of the best or tourney of death?

i have the choice of either getting:

CZW: Best of the best 1: Junior Heavyweight tournament

or

CZW: Tournament of Death

I know nothing about CZW, and so i dont knwo which to get. Can anyone help?

Which is the better show?

Also, is "CZW: Best of the Best 1: Junior Heavyweight Tournament" actually the same as CZW: Best of the Best? And how many best of the best tournements have their been?

cheers

ChUnK!

Guest Youth N Asia

UH...well, if you want blood get "Zandig's Ultraviolent Tournament of Death"...and if you want cruiserweights get the 2001 or 2002 "Best of the Best" shows...

Blood n guts or jr heavyweights...

Guest Sandman9000

I bought both BOTB2 and TOD at the same time.

Talk about polar opposites.

Anyway, it all depends what you are looking for.

Junior, highflying wrestling, BOTB.

Blood, blood, and more blood, TOD.

And I would go with BOTB2 before BOTB1.

Guest ShooterJay

Really, I actually liked BOTB 1 better personally, maybe because I was more familiar with the wrestlers involved than in 2. I'm an unabashed mark for the SAT crew and the Briscoes, that's probably why.

BOTB 2 though, made me a huge Trent Acid mark, if he improves his moveset a little, he's the one guy from CZW I could see in WWE someday. Fleisch/Storm is about the most perfect spot match you'll ever see though.

TOD, from what I've heard, is for the most vampriric of gore fans- if it wasn't pro wrestling, these guys would have gotten the cops called on them (actually that did happen to CZW once a year ago- Stretched in Smyrna right?). I haven't seen it personally, Funk/Sabu Born to Be Wired is as gory as I'll go.

Guest Sandman9000

Yeah, TOD is pretty vicious.

The first round is relatively tame. Hatred/Zandig lasts all of 30 seconds before run-ins R us take over. Hatred did come out with a wicked anarchy symbol made out lightbulbs and barbed wire.

Beater/Necro is tame for both men, but understandable since Beater had to work two more matches. The staple gun and final spots are nasty, though.

Gage/Klein is interesting, since I've never seen carpet tack strips used in a match before. Ending kinda came out of nowhere, IMO.

Mondo/Jimmy would be uneventful, had the two not taken a mindblowing bump. Assault driver off the top of a Ryder truck through a lightbulb log cabin and four tables. Holy shit moment.

Gage/Beater is short and brutal. The pane of glass spots were just nasty, especially Gage kicking Beater's head THROUGH a pane of glass. I wanna say that Gage just kicked over Beater's head and broke the glass with his foot, but it looks so convincing.

Mondo/Messiah is the same. Overall, the semis were probably the best matches of the night. Fans Bring the Weapons, so lots of lightbulb combinations. Messiah takes a vicious bump, as does Mondo, before more run-ins.

Beater/Mondo in 200 Lightbulbs isn't even wrestling. They just slaughter each other with the lightbulbs and dump salt on Mondo before Beater (and this is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen in wrestling) slices Mondo's stomach up with a MOTHERFUCKING WEEDWHACKER to get the pin. Honestly, that was the first thing I've ever seen in CZW where I flat out didn't want to see it again.

Man, I need to review that and BOTB2 sometime.

Guest Youth N Asia

That weedwacker shot was fucking sick! You just see the blood on Mondo's chest shoot out...and he pinned him with a Chokenstein after the ww shot.

And Mr Insanity is the man...didn't have a great outing at the show, but he's an excelent hardcore wrestler. He's probably my favorite here in Michigan.

I liked Best of the Best 1 better...even though they brought in Juvi JUST to put over Acid...Briscoe vs Briscoe was fun to watch...

Although they need to get rid of the 3 way brackets for 2003

Guest meanmaisch

They were using the Weedwhacker back in late 2000- early 2001. I remember watching them use it live on Zandig or Lobo (I can't remember which) and saying to myself, "this is absolutely ridiculous".

Guest Sandman9000

I've seen the shot on Beater from Stretch in Smyrna, and I can say that Beater's shot didn't look half as vicious as the one that Mondo took.

It REALLY DIDN'T HELP that they showed the shot in SLOW MOTION after the match. God, I almost vomited, and I never get sick from seeing or eating anything (save KFC). It was just, wrong. :throwup: