TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Something i want to see don do for the smarks

Any chance you could produce a series of columns about Japanese Wrestling Politics and various tales of politics in the various Japanese Wrestling federations as well as a "Who's Who in Japanese Wrestling Politics" guide? It would be a change of pace from recapping Raw and would be an interesting read to the site's core audience (who are into the political side of wrestling).....

So like add a Jap forum?

I mean see Don do a series of articles telling stories of the political struggles in Japanese Pro Wrestling for the Smarks website as well as a "Who's Who" guide for those of us who don't know who the Japanese wrestlers/feds are and why Japanese Wrestler A wants to sabatoge Japanese Wrestler C's career and why Japanese Wrestling Federation B is working with Japanese Wrestling Federation A and not Japanese Wrestling Federation C

Guest BankHoldup

Well, if you would like to know A LOT about current Japanese politics, I highly suggest the Wrestling Observer newsletter.  It has a lot of great info in it that you don't see anywhere else.  Not only that, but it's a great provider of info on the U.S. scene. *shill mode off*  Seriously though, that's a good idea, a series of articles about Japanese politics in wrestling that would go back as far as Inoki in the embezzlement controversy to the current "talent raiding" by Hase and All Japan.

Guest Maurizio C... Version 2

hey, at least Jude the Muppet has had a nice idea. With Rikidozan's involvment in the mafia, a jap politic history could be a great ride.

That or some old stories from Lou Thesz.

Guest Don Becker
Any chance you could produce a series of columns about Japanese Wrestling Politics and various tales of politics in the various Japanese Wrestling federations as well as a "Who's Who in Japanese Wrestling Politics" guide? It would be a change of pace from recapping Raw and would be an interesting read to the site's core audience (who are into the political side of wrestling).....

No.  And not because I'm unwilling, but because even I'm a bit confused as to what's going on.  I defer to Justin on all matters related to puro.

Guest Pegasus Kid

And I'm not going to write jack because Judas pretty much slapped me in the face by not asking me, or at least asking both Don and I, about this subject considering I'm the resident Puro writer on the site.

And I'm not going to write jack because Judas pretty much slapped me in the face by not asking me, or at least asking both Don and I, about this subject considering I'm the resident Puro writer on the site.

OK I apologize to you about not asking you directly, but I did so do to the fact that I didn't think you'd want to do it. I made an inquiry about this several months earlier on the old Smark Message Board and I never received a reply from you so I simply assumed you were not interested in doing a series about the topic....

I did not mean any disrepect to you, I just assumed that you had no interest in doing a series on the topic...

Guest JAMES900

Shame because I'm fed up of glass celins Jericho is above now everyone saying it's looming over Rob Van Dam.

can you please resize that picture, its too damn big

Anyone know how to customize signatures so that normally large sized sig pictures are smaller?

Guest Don Becker

Cant be done here - you'll have to manually resize the image yourself, or just get rid of it outright.

Guest super sayan jericho

ermmmm, but hasn't Stuart dealt with most of the politics of the Japanese scene in his Wrap Ups(granted they're not found within the site, but i'm sure a lot of people visited the puro board and read them)

Guest Brian

Stuart has ap retty good grasp on that kind of thing, and I'm sure Justin wouldn't mind if I said Stuart may be a little more knowledgable in puroresu (at least I hope, please don't ban me). Unless of course Stuart is some operative for the Yakuza and I'm just waiting for them to bust down my door, cut off my fingers, and scalp some tickets to the WWF show in Yokohama.

Guest Don Becker

I'd think that the second question would be answered by the fact that we're talking about someone named "admin" here...

Admin is "Mike the Genius", who Scott may have mentioned once or twice.  I'd reset his post count to something legit and give him a different posting title, but he'd just go ahead and change it all back anyway... :)