TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HellSpawn

Top Ten Holy $#!T Momments

Guest HellSpawn

Hello True Believers !

So, like the Batman thread, the topic is simple...

Tell me your Holy $#!T ! Momments on comics.

Like (this arent mine its just an example)...

Joker killing himself on DKR, Magneto pulling Wolvie's Adamantium, Authority fighting a bunch of avengers wannabes, etc...

I'll be back in a couple of days with my Top 10, but lets read yours.

Guest Sassquatch

The Spidey franchise becomes readable again.

Nothing else can hold a candle to that event.

B-)

Guest Pop Culture God

Flash dies in CRISIS

Joker kills Robin

Gwen Stacy dies

Karen Page dies

I'll have to think up msome more.

Guest pochorenella
The Spidey franchise becomes readable again.

Nothing else can hold a candle to that event

lol

Flash dies in CRISIS

Joker kills Robin

Gwen Stacy dies

Karen Page dies

Funny how many people think of some comic character dying first as a holy shit moment. I was gonna say Dark Phoenix dying and Elektra being killed by Bullseye, but now I'm not (but... I already said, uh, never mind).

I'll go with a recent one and say: Aunt May finding out Peter was Spider-Man, and not having a heart-attack in the process.

Also, the whole Ultron vs. Avengers storyarc in Avengers Vol. 3 was a Holy Shit moment for me. I was jumping up and down in my bed because of the excitement.

Guest Pop Culture God

How about Bane snapping Batman in two. Yeah, it had been foreshadowed, but still...

Who'd a thunk it?

Guest Zack Malibu

Most recent holy shit event:

Can be considered a SPOILER, since it's a recent release...

Matthew Bright awakening from his coma in Rising Stars. You had to know that eventually he would come to, most likely when things looked bleakest. But when Patriot got gunned down, and the blood splattered on Matthew's comatose body, you knew shit was going to hit the fan. Turn the page, and that shot of Matthew flying out of his hospital bed was a true comic mark-out moment. Not a "holy shit, I can't believe it" moment, but a "holy shit, things are getting good" moment.

Guest Pop Culture God

If we are talking about mark out then Superman returning in KINGDOM COME is pretty high. In WATCHMEN Rorschach killing those goons in prison was awesome, Batman kicking Azreal's ass to become ruler of the night again, Flash had the ultimate "which way do I go" dilemma when in a recent issue The Rogues took over Central City and the Thinker took over Keystone with Flash caught between them on a bridge.

Guest SP-1
If we are talking about mark out then Superman returning in KINGDOM COME is pretty high.

YES! I re-read the sequence with the Pastor and the red blur. Seeing the people around him with like, such hope on their faces after the battles they'd been through . . . and then boom. Superman was back. BEAUTIFUL.

Flash's death was something to behold in CRISIS, but Supergirl's death was the one that got me.

Also, could be a spoiler since it's recent . . .

Kyle giving up the Ion power in Green Lantern to restore the power on Oa, and the birth of the new baby Oans. I really liked that whole thing.

Guest J*ingus

I don't have ten, but here's a few:

-The giant illustration of Superman screaming in the wasteland after the government's "solution" in Kingdom Come.

-The "villain" in Watchmen: "I already did it twenty-four minutes ago."

-The entire last issue of Preacher.

-The bizarre happenings after the Ripper's final murder in From Hell.

-Shakespeare performing "A Midsummer Night's Dream" for the real Titania, Auberon, and Puck in Sandman.

-Aunt May, after finding out Peter is Spiderman: "It's actually a relief in a way. You were always such an odd boy, quiet, withdrawn. You always kept to yourself, as if you had some dark secret. Frankly, Ben and I thought you were gay!"

Guest danielisthor

most of my holy shit moments revolve around Colossus. (being my all time fav x-men)

Annual ???? - fighting the Badoon, the biggest baddest Badoon was just about to strike Kitty when Peter came flying out of nowhere and beat the hell out of him screaming "LEAVE KATYA ALONE", busted through a wall, quite a few stories, and crawled out the crater it created looking all pissed.

X-Men 210 or 211 - Riptide hurling shurikens at all the X-Men and Morlocks, he reaches and snaps Riptides neck (and then in one of the most chilling scenes in a comic, imo) holding Riptides slumped dead body in his hand turns and to whatever Maurauder was there "Pray to your gods little man, your next"

Guest Sassquatch

I will admit that the MM scene with Colossus and Riptide was pretty shocking. Peter's innocence was pretty much lost after that event IMO.

Guest areacode212

The last couple of pages of Thunderbolts # 1 (the new heroes of the title reveal themselves to be the Masters of Evil) were pretty cool.

Guest Vyce

Ozymandias in Watchmen is the ULTIMATE holy shit moment. That's still maybe my favorite moment in all of comics. Just terrible and brilliant.

If we are talking about mark out then Superman returning in KINGDOM COME is pretty high.

Another holy shit moment in that one was the appearance of Captain Marvel at the end of issue 3.

I - like a lot of people, I think - kind of just thought of Marvel as Superman-lite. Until that issue; at that point, I realized just what a threat a psychotic Marvel could be. For me, Marvel - crazy & ready to kick Superman's ass - was a pretty "holy shit" moment.

Guest converge241

Flash in Crisis

Doom vs Beyonder in Secret Wars

"The last couple of pages of Thunderbolts # 1 (the new heroes of the title reveal themselves to be the Masters of Evil) were pretty cool"

i actually bagged all the copies i had in the comic store i ran to not let anyone ruin the surprise

Guest raptor

Here's mine (in particular order):

10. Gambit/Rouge ran through by Vargas, (X-Treme X-Men)

9. Thunderbird commits the ultimate sacrifice (eXiles)

8. Is Dog Sabretooth? (Origin: Wolverine)

7. Doomsday kills Superman (Superman)

6. Barnard the Beak attacks the Beast (New X-Men)

5. Thunderbolts are the Masters of Evil (Thunderbolts)

4. Gwen Stacy’s neck snaps (Amazing Spider-Man)

3. Joker snaps his own neck (The Dark Knight Returns)

2. Mysterio commits suicide (Daredevil)

1. Colossuss kills himself to cure legacy virus (Uncanny X-Men). I think I screamed NO PETER DON'T!. I'm such a nerd.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I can't really say I have ten, but here's all the main ones that I still remember.

Magneto ripping out all of the adamantium from Wolverine's body- I swear, when it happened and the issues afterwards where Logan left the X-Men really depressed me and may have been one of the main reasons I stopped reading 7 years ago.

Doomsday killing Superman- Obviously, all the crap that happened afterwards with the 4 "Supermen" really mellowed me out to the whole thing, but when it happened initially, I was in total shock.

The entire Knightfall Saga- Batman is probably my favorite hero EVER and to see Bane just snap Bruce like a twig and Azreal(sp) take over kinda pissed me off.

The original Morlock Saga- Just seeing Storm in a knife fight and almost kill whats-her-name had me slack-jawed. I never thought she had it in her.

The end of the X-Cutioner's Song- Don't ask why, but I always liked Cable and when he seemingly sacrificed himself to stop Stryfe, I was marking out like a lil bitch. Of course, they completely screwed the everything up afterwards, but that's another topic.

Guest HellSpawn

Here are a few of mine...

- Bane Breaking Batman... I mean, this was MAYBE Batman's greatest handicap, he was weakened day by day via Arkham's escape and this Batman still tried to fight this huge guy that also knew who is Batman. The fight was mostly Bane kicking a weakened btas for every corner of the Cave, and you know, maybe that add more juice to the momment, not because I hate Bats, on the contrary, he is on my top 3, but you must know your limits, and finally Bats face off his... and lost.

- Also on KnightFall. Batman beating the holy $#!t of Joker. On revenge for Jason's death that was a Grade A $#!tkicking.

-Spider-man almost drowned... this is way way back on his early issues, (I recently saw Spidey DVD and it was on the Spidey Archives), th eplot goes like this...

Spidey battles Doc.Ock. cronies in a facility under the sea, Spidey needs as URGENT/LIFE OR DEATH a mmm.. whats the word, some kind of isotope, Doc. Ock stole that thing an Aunt May needs that thing to heal, so now both Spidey and Parker need that $#!t, well... makin this story short, Spidey beats Ock cronies but on the battle the structure is cracking piece by piece, at the end of the battle a HUGE MACHINE falls over our hero an the isotope is just a few feets away, but the machine weights TONS... then he began to whine :blink: and reminds Uncle ben, Aunt May and thats makes him Strong, remember, power n Responsibility, he gave us all and lift the machine, takes the isotope and... and if you think the story ends here... you are wrong.

He swims backto the dock and find more cronies, he's injured, he needs to run to save his aunt, he's dizzy, and still beats the cronies and run to finally help his loved Aunt... uufff

It was a 2 part story. And it was that damn good that Marve has resurrected the plot again n again, recently they did it on the pre cancellation issues, but on that sotory Spidey need to lift the F'n Bugle building, and beaten and all go fats to avoid Aunt may's operation.

And about some of your momments... about Aunt May discovering Peter, well, Im sorry but for ME, it was weakened, way back on ASM #400 "Aunt May" tells Peter she knew he was Spidey, now we all know that "May" wasnt the real deal, but still, for me was.. blah.

About Colossus n Mysterio deaths. Well, Mysterio was (I think) reborn on the same month in like 3 or 2 comics, including one with a multipart story running across several titles, and our Comish friend, well, for me again it was like "Oh Colossus is Dead! I guess he is coming back next year", I mean, Maybe Im wrong but it was written by Claremont, or am I wrong, and we all know CC screw plots any given sunday.

Well, I'll be back

Guest raptor

Scott Lobdell wrote Colossus' death. Mysterio was brought back immediatley afterward, but that doesn't diminish the impact of the scene, IMHO.

"Ozymandias in Watchmen is the ULTIMATE holy shit moment. That's still maybe my favorite moment in all of comics. Just terrible and brilliant."

Nothing else is even close.

It blew my mind when I read it. It blows my mind now.

The single greatest moment in the history of comics.

Who are they? Why is the Cyborg in the background? Why is it so awesome? I mean, it's just fuckin' Superboy, he's never been anything special no matter how many times they change his gimmick.

It's an OMG moment because now the following baddies are part of Sinestro's army...

Superboy Prime (who was the lead villain in Identity Crisis and assumed to be imprisoned in a red sun)

Kyle Rayner (who is now in the host of Parallax)

the Anti-Monitor

Hank Henshaw/Superborg

and the Manhunters are under their control, too.

I remember being in shock when the Joker showed up at Jim Gordon's house and shoots Barbara Gordon as soon as she opened the door.

Captain Marvel when he took out Superman in Kingdom Come.

Guest ChikoDemono
It's an OMG moment because now the following baddies are part of Sinestro's army...

Superboy Prime (who was the lead villain in Infinite Crisis and assumed to be imprisoned in a red sun)

the Anti-Monitor

Hank Henshaw/Superborg

Edited for accuracy.

Superboy Prime (who was the lead villain in Infinite Crisis and assumed to be imprisoned in a red sun)

the Anti-Monitor

Hank Henshaw/Superborg

Edited for accuracy.

Eep...I guess I am getting senile at my old age.

Holy shit moments for me, personally.

• Doug Ramsey dies in the New Mutants. My first 0_0 moment in comics as one of my favorites is shot through the chest.

• Magneto rips Wolverine's adamantium out.

• Death of Superman

• Knightfall

• Superboy-Prime vs the Teen Titans

• *Flash appears out of nowhere*

Dont remember who it was: "W....Wally?"

Flash: "Please..."

Dont remember who it was: "What the hell happened?"

Flash: "Hurry...Tell everyone...He's coming back..."

"And he's PISSED!"

Dont remember who it was: "Who?!"

Flash: "Super-boy....Prime..."

Awesome.

• Jean dying (for real, seemingly) in New X-men

• And the resulting 'Crazed Wolverine beheads Xorneto' scene

• Connor Kent/Kon-el dying in Infinite Crisis

"In WATCHMEN Rorschach killing those goons in prison was awesome"............best badass moment ever in a comic...after he's unmasked I had this feeling of "he's kind of pathetic and isn't anything without his mask"..but then he fucks those guy's up and you read him yelling to the prisoners " I'm not locked in here with you...you're locked in here with ME!!"