TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bruin

For Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Players..

Guest Bruin

Just curious, if nobody really responds to this, then I'll just dump off my stuff to newbies. If anyone wants them thats here, just leave a msg in this thread, I'll try to tell everyone when I'll be on to dump everything.

I'm quitting because Blizzard deleted my Legitimate (not duped) Windforce with an Ohm rune in it.. How do I know this wasn't duped? Well, I personalized it, I found the Ohm from countess, and I killed Baal by myself in a Hell game and got the Windforce. I'm tired of Blizzard going after innocent people just to get rid of dupes because they can't handle what happens in their own servers. I'm tired of the patches that kill off all my favorite characters (werebear druid, zookeeper necro, strafeazon, CE Necro from back when there were no patches, all my Barbarians, and my BH Paladin). I'm tired of everything about the game. Instead of being greedy and just selling my items off, I thought I might as well give it away to some people on the boards as a gesture of good will :D

Btw, one of the things I've truly begun to despise more than anything is the attitude of people on the realms, it's just plain sickening.

- Thought I'd point out I'm on the USEast realm

Guest areacode212

Hey, sorry to hear about losing Windforce. Have you tried contacting them to complain about it? I wonder if they deleted any of my stuff.

So, if you haven't changed your mind, what are you giving away? I'm also on USEast.

Guest Bruin

I contacted them both from the ingame help room, I waited two hours for a rep.. They told me they couldn't do anything. I emailed them and got the standard bot reply of "We're sorry for the inconvience, but we cannot do anything on the matter."

This is the type of BS that Blizzard now stands for. They flat out don't care after they get your gaming dollar. THAT is why I'm quitting. I can't stand this crap anymore. They took a year and a half just to make a small patch for StarCraft, the whole time leaving everyone out in the cold. Then they decided to patch Diablo II every month and ruin everybodys character systematically, in the name of "Balancing". Afterall, who cares about how good your character is, as long as they can kill a monster, they're over powered!

Needless to say, a lot of things built up to this (Such as losing my freakin 1.08 Arkaines that I FOUND for petes sake, and it got deleted as well..). Just losing my Windforce was the last straw. It did help to put things in perspective however. Never again will I give Blizzard any money for a game. They hype their games with dozens upon dozens of great features, they say that they're done with it and it's GOING to be in the game, and it's not. Honestly, they're a good video game MAKING company, but the respect [or lack thereof] that they give their customers is out right appauling.

Anyway, I'm getting rid of EVERYTHING. Everything on my lvl 82 Zon (Now worthless.. Would've been higher lvl, but Cow Runs bored me and I decided to go and help out people through acts instead.) My 80 CE Necro, 75 Werebear Druid (was remaking when I quit), 80 Berseker Barb (GrandMasters T-Maul + Berserk is great for dmg), my 71 MF Sorc (nearly 400% MF).

Anyway, the items tend to go along the lines of..

4 Stones of Jordan

2 Griswalds Hearts

Jalals Mane

Some nice Rare leech rings from CD2

Lots of Necro Charms

Hellslayer (I personalized it.. YES I found it and Shaeld it)

69% Tarn

Okay, those are the only things that come to me off the top of my head.. Theres plenty more however..

Just leave your Account name and I'll contact you sometime tomorrow or Sunday.

My Account name is ChAoTiC_Anarchy  (I love the double negative in it :D )

Guest Army Eye

Save some anger for the dupers/cheaters.  They are pathetic pieces of shit.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

i quit d2 a while ago, i got sick of all the bullshit on realms, and the lag that it created was unbearable.

after that i played purist solo player with players 8 on, but it wasnt as much fun without bnet.  still, i feel your pain man and shit happens, but at least you can take a moral highpoint.  you didnt let anybody else dupe your WF did you?? and also, *you* found the bow? if so, kudos to you, and just remember, you played the game with all those classes, you were probably bored with them anyway.  if i had a dime for every lvl 80+ mule i had, then i'd be a rich man, but patch changes allowed me to play variant classes, which added *months* to the games replay value.  of course now i wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot stick due to the hacking bullshit, but remember the fun you had, not the bullshit which forced you to quit.

ps. sorry about the rambling, incoherent nature of the post, im tired and these dupers *really* piss me off.

Guest areacode212

Yeah, I half-quit myself because of all the bullshit, but I still like to play once in a while.

Anyway, I use two accounts:

Junimitsu and JuniXPack

If I'm not around on bnet, try sending me a private message here at the forum. If I'm online at all, chances are I'll be here.

Guest Bruin

I truly loved the game quite honestly. It's a great game, but the realms are total shit, and Blizzard isn't doing anything to make it any better. I mean c'mon, even with patches they promise to add all these great features, activate various items and new rune words, and what happens? You can't play your characters anymore because they all suck from their skill development. (::cough:: my Charged Boltres.. ::cough cough::) Nobody duped my WF, but Blizz still has the brilliant idea of deleting it.

Anyway, the variants were the best part of the game quit honestly. I really liked my Curse-Only Necro, my poison Necro's, my throwing Barbs, Axe Barbs (from CD2 when Axes sucked), my Java-Zons from CD2, and countless others. (I never did quite get into my Firebolt Sorc though :P )

About being mad at the Dupers.. Well of course I am, but still. I'm moreso angry at Blizz for not doing anything about it. They claim to ban CD-Keys all the time, but you never see any change in the amount of duping that happens. I'm really annoyed by their half-assed attempts of "balancing". Such as the 50% reduction of Physical damage done in Hell, but Guided Arrows peirce all the sudden, not to mention the 30% slow on them.  Yeah, really balanced, you just took power away from the Barbarians, and put even more into the Amazons when it comes to dueling. Lets not forget how they constantly ream the Necromancer class with every patch.

I was okay with my ungodly CE Necro being nerfed in the original patch, same with my WW Barbs. I was okay with WW being dependant on weapon speed. I was okay with my Zookeeper Necro being worthless all the sudden. I was okay even with my Orb Sorc being toned down considerably. However, I hated not being able to gamble for uniques anymore (whats the % now of gambling Uniques? 1/10,000? Sets are 1/1,000..), I just didn't have the kind of magic find back then to go and find those items. I despised them ruining my characters upon entrance to the expansion pack (I still loved the X-Pack for the first month or three :D ). I hated how they killed off crafting really cool weapons. I loathed it when they killed off my newly turned level 78 Werebear Druid with the .09 patch. (He lost 1,500 HP, and 3k damage..) I don't beleive I have to say anything about the runes. They were hyped to being the greatest thing ever, that you could find even the rarest runes atleast once or twice while on your way to level 99. The highest I've seen is the Ko rune.. Not releasing items because "it might unbalance the game" (I'm sorry, but the Constriction Ring isn't that good.. Besides, my characters are all ready godly enough at level 98..)

Anyway, I may just go and dump off some of my more newbish items first then save the better items for later on. Might as well give my personalized items to a newbie as well. (Bruin's Hellslayer did have a nice ring to it though..) Now that I think of it, I might as well get rid of my Necro's stuff as well, nobody plays necros anymore it seems.. Bye bye my first created character on battle.net. (I remade him in the Xpack so he could kill again, so sue me :b )

Guest areacode212

I HATED how they screwed over Necros, starting with that second patch. And what the hell did they do to Iron Maiden? I used to rape entire areas with that and my Blood Golem, and now I have a hard time killing anything with it. I had a CD2 Javazon, too. It's kind of annoying to see all these bandwagon jumpers with their Titan's.

Guest ])r. ])eath

Ya know, I'm sorry to hear about your shit getting the boot, but you're the one who personalized the items. Everyone knows that you don't personalize anything. Especially anything of importance. Once it was personalized, you could never get rid of it. Eventually, even without your items getting deleted, you would have quit anyway. Since you personalized your Windforce Hydra Bow, you wouldn't have been able to sell it or anything, so in reality it ended in the same outcome.

I quit playing due to lag. The lag was caused from people hacking B.Net. Everyone knows that though. I use to play with about 8 friends. Everyone just got bummed out on it. It got old real quick. The game basically is just a treasure hunt, not an RPG.

I know what you're talking about character wise though. I got bummed out playing my Bowazon at level 87. Cow runs suck. They are too repetative, take too long for someone to open the damn portal, and don't give you enough exp when you're that high of a level. I had a 1.08 Vamp Gaze, Shaftstop, Windforce and all that shit when I quit. The Windforce that I used was duped though. Personally, I think that the Unique Bariza is better than the Windforce. The Windforce does more damage, yes, but look at the required strength. The amount of stat points that you have to put into str. to even equip the Hydra bow could be put into dex and used to increase damage in the Ballista. In the end, the Ballista seemed better to me.

My account has probably been deleted all together now, due to lack of playing. I lost a lot of good shit too. 11 sojs, Nat's Claw, Entire Tal Rasha set.. Oh well, I'm awaiting Star Wars galaxies now.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

btw, if anybody ever wants to play my accounts are "matt-os" (primary account) and "matt-fs" on the uswest realm.  im on *very* rarely though.

Guest The Man in Blak

Eh, honestly, I thought Diablo II became sh*t once they started patching to make up for "gameplay imbalances" and then patching to make up for the patches that made the game even more imbalanced.  One month, it was Barbarians, the next it was Hammerdins...the patches just destroyed your character if you spent that long building him up.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

####, I'm listening to all your stories and my heart goes out to you. I'm a huge Diablo II fan, but the on-line play fizzled out for me a year or so ago. I wouldn't be playing Diablo II now if it wasn't for the new computer I bought a month or so ago. Now the girlfriend and I are at it again -- I almost forgot how much fun it was to play with other who do more than just ask for free weapons and spend 20 minutes going through their stash.