TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cartman

New CD opinions

Guest cartman

The past few weeks I have picked up some very nice albums, I was just lookin for YOUR opinions on them.

"Queen of the damned" soundtrack-Absolutely rules, even if I already had a bunch of the songs on other CD's it's still good enough with the new stuff written by Jon Davis and performed by various artists....one of my favorites is the track "Body Crumbles" by Dry Cell

Headstrong- Only listened to it on my way home from work today, Adriana is a very good song, so far other than that it's decent.

Mushroomhead- Great album, reminds me somewhat of Slipknot.

Gorillaz- It's old now, but I just picked it up....weird if anything, some catchy tunes but nothing spectacular.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

How does Mushroomhead's music remind you of Slipknot? Completely different. For one thing, every Mushroomhead song pretty much has a different sound to it, and every Slipknot song is just EXTREMELY watered-down death metal with the word "fuck" over and over again.

Not saying I hate Slipknot, I'm a fan (NOT a maggot), but Mushroomhead and Slipknot sound completely different musically.

But if you're talking about the costumes/masks thing...Slipknot stole it from Mushroomhead.

Guest cartman

Hmm...I am corrected. Regardless I love this Mushroomhead album immensely. Track 5, 6, and 43 are my favorites to name a few. As you said all their songs sound very different, and THAT makes them even better in my opinion.

Guest areacode212

Track 43? Are they like Anal Cunt in that they have 15-second songs or what?

Guest CoreyLazarus416

No. Tracks 14-42 are all silent, about 2-4 seconds each, and track 43 is a bonus. It's a remix of "Bwomp," which is track 2, and then a prank phone call to a black metaller named "Joe." The CD itself is actually worth it JUST for the prank call, but the music makes every penny mean something.

Guest saturnmark4life

They took that 'loadsa silent 2 second tracks before the secret one' idea from Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar. Pisses me off, but if it's a good track then so be it. I havn't heard much of mushroomhead, i assumed they'd be just like slipknot and downloaded 'xeroxed'. I thought it was absolutely awful. Are their other songs different? I don't mind slipknot all THAT much but i've always preferred mudvayne.