TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(Observer) Triple H speaks out at meeting

Guest bcu1979

Some notes from the latest Wrestling Observer:

Triple H spoke at a meeting held for the Smackdown crew a couple weeks back. The meeting was about working and selling and making a match "mean something." It was implied that the reason business is down because the guys don't know how to work.

(That must have been something. Angle, Benoit and Guerrero standing outside the ring while Triple H tells them "how to work.")

The latest direction for the WWE is to base their shows around women's soap operas as the company actually believes that the Kane is a murderer angle is a bit hit. (No, you did not read that wrong.) Kevin Dunn is the one who convinced Vince to go in this direction and he believes this will turn the company around.

Vince wanted Bret Hart to make a surprise appearance on RAW. The two have been on speaking terms ever since Vince called Bret after his stroke.

Despite Kevin Nash's public comments, his rehab is going very slow and at this point it's not sure if he's even going to be back by WrestleMania.

There are reports that the WWE is considering bringing both Road Warriors back with long term contracts. It's unlikely, but it is being considered. (No, you did not read that wrong either.)

Guest nikowwf

Um....ok

1) We need to go kill Kevin Dunn as quickly as possible. Let's convince Anglesault he was responsible for Brock winning the title. Should take care of that.

2) Road Warriors? Huh? Can they even move without having some sort of major medical problem anymore?

And HHH is the freaking anti-christ. Smackdown, the show he is not on does better, is better and smokes Raw every single week.

NiKo

(sitting and wishing for HHH's quad to burst)

:shotgun:

Guest Kotzenjunge

Okay, maybe 25% of the Smackdown roster could be told they can't work, but the rest are all VERY capable people.

Remember my crowbar thing? I SO want to do that right now.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Zero_Cool

Is Meltzer saying that Bret and Vince are speaking again? Sure, I think they did speak to each other at Owen's funeral.

Also, can you imagine the laughing that went on between Benoit, Angle, Guerrero and the rest of the roster after Triple H told them that they aren't working well enough?

Guest Pop Culture God

Bret was very touched by Vince's compassion for him while he was in the hospital.

Vince is like Michael Corleogne in GODFATHER 3 right now. He's knows he'll die soon so he wants to reconcile with those he's driven away.

Guest AndrewTS

No comment on the HHH part...that's so incredibly fucking stupid it deserves no comment. His common law father in law probably wouldn't know a good match if it bit him on his roided up old man ass.

Or maybe HHH will take credit for SD having better wrestling now. *shrug*

Guest razazteca

LOD back in WWE?

great so they can continue that angle with Hawk as a drunk and Animal getting back and neck problems every week. One match with the Island boys and we get Droz II.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I'd like to believe Vince is talking to Bret to make amends, but the cynic in me knows he wants him to do an angle where he comes back and smacks Vince for the Montreal Incident.

Guest Pop Culture God

Wow, my Vincent K. McMahon/ GODFATHER PART 3 Michael Corleonge metaphor is better than I thought at first.

1. Both men's families are either drawn into the business or end up hating the man who supposedly leads them.

2. Both men's legit businesses failed. (XFL anyone?)

3. Both men are slowly being ousted by their children (or nephews)

Scary.

Guest jimmy no nose

Wow, almost everything that's wrong with the WWE is included in one news update. I'm sure the average WWE fan is also a fan of women's soap operas. Triple H is the best worker in the world. The Road Warriors are great wrestlers and are just reaching their prime. Wait, none of that is true. Well, Vince and Bret being on speaking terms is good I guess.

Guest AndrewTS
Wow, almost everything that's wrong with the WWE is included in one news update. I'm sure the average WWE fan is also a fan of women's soap operas. Triple H is the best worker in the world. The Road Warriors are great wrestlers and are just reaching their prime. Wait, none of that is true. Well, Vince and Bret being on speaking terms is good I guess.

Heheh...that reminds me of the old Zybisco quote that wrestlers "are just reaching their prime" around age 40.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

Some notes from the latest Wrestling Observer:

Triple H spoke at a meeting held for the Smackdown crew a couple weeks back. The meeting was about working and selling and making a match "mean something." It was implied that the reason business is down because the guys don't know how to work.

Fuck off, you egomaniac piece of shit. He isn't even on Smackdown, so what business is it of his. A good portion of the SD roster are superb workers already, better than Triple H ever was, now this roided up fuck thinks he has the answer, just because he's dating Steph, when he hasn't even put on a good match since he came back (with the exception of SSlam versus Michaels). I beg of you Vince, quit putting up with this shit, get control of your company, and quit thinking wrestlers are management.

The latest direction for the WWE is to base their shows around women's soap operas as the company actually believes that the Kane is a murderer angle is a bit hit. (No, you did not read that wrong.) Kevin Dunn is the one who convinced Vince to go in this direction and he believes this will turn the company around.

That's great. I hope they come to realize that men primarily are the ones watching wrestling. And men usually do not watch soap operas. Do the math, geniuses.

Vince wanted Bret Hart to make a surprise appearance on RAW. The two have been on speaking terms ever since Vince called Bret after his stroke.

Um, well, good then.

Despite Kevin Nash's public comments, his rehab is going very slow and at this point it's not sure if he's even going to be back by WrestleMania.

It doesn't help when you lay on your bed, eating pork rinds and drinking beer all day.

There are reports that the WWE is considering bringing both Road Warriors back with long term contracts. It's unlikely, but it is being considered. (No, you did not read that wrong either.)

Yes, because bringing in washed-up names have done wonders for the federation in the past year.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

They should bring them back as LOD 2005 with Fat Crack Ho Sunny and Droz with his puke bucket attached to his wheelchair.

Guest Ram

I'm surprised nobody spoke up at the meeting. I would've been throwing all that back at his face.

Asshole.

Guest Pop Culture God

Ram, I was thinking the same thing. Except that they would have been in hot water for arguing with a lockerrom leader like HHH.

HHH, kill yourself.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

God would I love to be a fly on the wall during THAT pep-talk...

Guest HartFan86

Nash's rehab going slow? That's...nice.

And Bret/Vince speaking terms? Damn. I would mark for any of the following face to face confonations, though:

HBK/Bret

Vince/Bret

Austin/Bret

HHH/Bret

Goldberg/Bret (If they sign him)

Shane/Bret

Bischoff/Bret

Angle/Bret

Benoit/Bret

Ok, enough with this already, Sign Bret and give him 20 minute confrontations with these guys every week and watch the ratings go way up.

Oh, BTW...FUCK YOU HHH YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. Here's what happened:

HHH: You guys-uh should work-uh better-uh. That's why the ratings are down-uh.

Benoit: But the ratings are down for Raw too...

HHH: Obviously, it's your little BUTT-uh buddy's fault-uh. Fozzy-uh.

Angle: Trips, listen. This roster is really good and we just need to be more involved in the storylines and take guys like, you know, Taker off.

HHH: ....-uh.

Rey: Listen, we are working our asses off and we don't appreciate you telling us to work better.

Chavo: Yeah!

Eddie: That's right, holmes. SD has the best roster, man.

*HHH confused*

Brock: And why am I booked to wrestle like I'm Goldberg when I can wrestle as good as Angle can?

HHH (mad): UUUUUH, THAT'S IT-UH. I'm out of here-uh!

*HHH starts to leave, but waits for his exit music to hit, then leaves. Mysteriously, everyone on SD is fired after the meeting.*

BTW, Doing this showed that SD has the BEST talent in the world and HHH should shut the fuck up. Period.

Guest The Hamburglar

Sorry, but that all sounds just a bit too internet-friendly. Triple H bashing the Smackdown crew? Soap operas the new direction? The ROAD WARRIORS? Come on people, I know the Observer's usually quite reliable, but this reeks a little too much of trying to appeal to what your readership really wants to read. The whole HHH thing was at least somewhat interesting back in the day when the reports on his nefarious ways were a bit more shrouded and would spark huge furious flamewars between his detractors and his supporters. Either he or the dirtsheets just aren't being subtle anymore. I suspect a bit of both.

Guest CanadianChick

So is HHH's defination of a match "meaning something" one guy accusing another guy of murder/rape? If yes, that would explain alot.

Guest Downhome

Jesus, here we go...

...the first run of attitude, can turn a company around, the nWo in WCW with the former top stars of WWF, can turn a company around, and Austin Vs. Vince, can turn a company around. However....

...Kane having sex with dead people and mentions of his semen, I'm sorry, but that turns NOTHING but my stomach, PERIOD.

Guest Ravenbomb

What was 3H even DOING at a smackdown meeting? He's on fucking RAW! Raw sucks, don't go yelling at Smackdown just because YOU'VE got shriveled little nuts and you suck!

Guest godthedog

THAT is weird. this has arguably been the most surreal year in wrestling, and...i really can't say it would surprise me if bret showed up on tv before the year is over.

but, as a bret hart fan, these would be the conditions in order to not piss me off:

1) vince gives him the rights to his matches. not in exchange for an appearance, he just gives them to him.

2) no pretense of kayfabe, and nothing to further some stupid storyline or angle. i don't want bret coming out to reveal that kane's semen was also found in katie vick's dog, all the stories on raw are so bad that any involvement with bret would put an even worse taste in my mouth. bret comes on, thanks the fans, and that's it.

3) it's only done once. i want the 'goodbye' speech to be the REAL 'goodbye' speech.

satisfy those conditions, and they'll have one of the greatest & most emotional raw moments ever

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

The thing is....would the fans go nuts for Bret in America? Or would they boo him?

Guest AndrewTS

The LOD is roughly the tag equivalent to Hulk Hogan, although their worth really went down in their waning years. Although I thought one or both of them gave up wrestling to join Sting's lunatic fringe of Christian wrestlers.

If so, would you really think that they'd join the WWE the direction the product is going?

Of course...Jake had his WWF run a few years ago with his shining moment at that oh-so-memorable KOTR ("Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!"). So anything's possible. Would it do any good? No...but at least they wouldn't be fueding with the Godwinns.

Guest AndrewTS
The thing is....would the fans go nuts for Bret in America? Or would they boo him?

I don't think they would go nuts, but probably cheer him. Despite all the propaganda Vince fed them.

Guest godthedog

even though vince has bitched about bret being a whiner in recent years, the man's overall career has been built by the fed as an institution. he always gets a prominent place in 'desire' videos, the mention of his name always gets a good pop, and he's still, even in storyline terms, one of the greatest champions in wwf history. vince has basically gone behind his own back to train the fans to admire him. in america he'd get a huge reaction.

but it's kind of irrelevant, cause if vince brought him back, he'd bring him back in canada (probably calgary) anyway, where he'd be assured to bring the house down.

Guest HartFan86

Oh man...they would go fucking nuts. If you remember, from 92-96, Bret was a huge favorite in America.

Guest FeArHaVoC
And Bret/Vince speaking terms? Damn. I would mark for any of the following face to face confonations, though:

HBK/Bret

Vince/Bret

Austin/Bret

HHH/Bret

Goldberg/Bret (If they sign him)

Shane/Bret

Bischoff/Bret

Angle/Bret

Benoit/Bret

Ok, enough with this already, Sign Bret and give him 20 minute confrontations with these guys every week and watch the ratings go way up.

I'd mark out like a little bitch!

I'm torn on that, though. I'm still a Bret Hart mark by heart. I'd go nuts to see Bret "THE HITMAN" Hart back on TV. But, if it was in America, I don't see it coming off that great, and it would be a smack in Bret's Face. America and the Average MARK (Damn them!) have been train by Vince and Co. to HATE Bret Hart. I read the Live reports from Raw, Smackdown & PPV's all the time, and a lot of the times, they say when Bret is shown in the Desire Video he's booed.

Also, like I said, I'm still a Bret Hart mark. But, lets face it! He wasn't the greatest mic man, and the fans today would probably get bored or feed up with him.

*IF* any of this is true, then Bring Bret back in Canada and just let him have one "Final God Bye Speach."

Oh, and btw. Fuck Triple H! I don't wish Injury on anyone, but This Triple H Crap is out of fucking control.