TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

Benoit & Angle at SS

With the speculation of a Lesnar/Angle/Benoit match that people have compared to the WWF title match at KOTR 2001, do you think they'd steal another concept from that show and have Benoit & Angle do double duty. Maybe defend the tag belts early against Edge/Rey & Guererros in a triple threat match to open the show, then come back for the main event. If they did that they could have a hot opener and finish, which they have not had since Summerslam.

Guest Brian

I think they'll get smart and cop out of that and do Edge/Lesnar, and Benoit/Angle vs. Eddie/Chavo.

Guest BionicRedneck

It'll probably be Brock Lesnar vs. Edge.

I would love to see Benoit and Angle vs. Los Guerreros 2/3 falls.

Guest Brian

And Knoble vs. Mysterio too, as I think they are running out of options for Mysterio in the heavyweight division and it seems like they don't have an opponent for him.

Guest DJ Jeff

Here's what I'd like to see:

Lesnar© vs. Edge for the WWE Title, Angle & Benoit© vs. Eddie & Chavo for the Tag Team Titles, and Noble© vs. Mysterio for the Cruiserweight Title. Yep, once again, the Smackdown side of the PPV will be better as per usual.

Guest The Electrifyer

I'd rather see Angle and Benoit do some tag team wrestling for a month or two, then continue there feud against each other or go into the main event. I want to see Angle/Benoit in tag matches right now and let them perform there greatest as a tag, then put them back in singles competition.

Guest Incandenza

They've held off (K)noble and Mysterio this long, so why not wait another month and put on traditional SS match-up, but featuring all cruisers. You can have Rey, Tajiri, Funaki, Crash, (K)noble, Hurricane (are they doing cross-show matches at The Big % PPVs?), Shannon and Matt Hardy. The only problem with that line-up is the heel/face group is uneven. Rey, Funaki, Hurricane, Shannon, and the recently turned Tajiri are all faces, leaving Crash, Jamie and Matt as the heels. They either need to 1) introduce someone new, 2) turn one of the faces or 3) if they're not doing a Los Guerreos match, stick Chavo in there and cut someone from the face side.