TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrRant

Baby Killed for Taking Out Pacifier

Guest MrRant
BRIGHTON, Colo. (AP) - A 9-week-old boy was laid to rest Monday, with a pastor saying he hopes some good can come from the death of the infant who allegedly was abused because he pulled out his pacifier.

Tanner Dowler's tiny white casket, topped by a teddy bear, was flanked by several bouquets of flowers, a cast of the newborn's hand and pictures of the baby, sleeping peacefully.

``It's too early to tell what good might come from this,'' pastor David DeBord told a gathering of about 50 family and friends at a funeral service. ``Maybe his death might expose a hole in the safety net that needs repairing.''

Tanner's paternal grandparents, Woody and Lea Dowler, have said that before Tanner's birth, they wrote letters to county social services warning that the boy's parents needed parenting classes. Officials have denied wrongdoing.

Tanner died Oct. 12 after suffering burns to his feet and face, two broken arms and a severe brain injury. Investigators believe his arms were broken when they were pinned behind him to prevent him from dislodging a pacifier.

His parents brought him to a hospital Oct. 3 and were arrested the same day. His father, Joseph Dowler, 34, was charged with first-degree murder and child abuse. His mother, Audra, 19, could face similar charges. Both were jailed.

On Sunday, dozens of people filed past the open casket as protesters carried signs demanding tougher penalties for those convicted of child abuse.

``I just can't imagine that little baby going through,'' Lora Outcelt said as she hugged her own 3 1/2-month-old son tight to her chest. ``I was shocked. It's heartbreaking. It's horrible. As a new mom, I can't imagine.''

I swear I would kill them if they let me and have no regrets. Scum like this should die horribly and with as much possible pain and suffering as someone can inflict on another human being.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Maybe the baby was pooping itself too much -- you gotta think about that, too...

Guest Samurai_Goat

I think the easiest way to make sure no people like this ever reproduce is to produce a simple sanity quiz. It'd even only have one question. "Do you want to fully support, feed, cloth, etc. a child for a minimum of 18 years?" If the answer is no, no problem, they won't have kids. If the answer is yes, they are deemed leagally insane, and are forbidden from breeding.

Guest Youth N Asia

I completly agree with Rant...people like this I could kill myself and have no remorse, knowing that it was just and that I was doing the world a favor.